Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Murray is streets ahead of Benteke as many palace fans have admitted. Townsend has gone downhill massively and is a run of the mill plodder - all 4 of our wingers are better. Zaha would be the only player on ability that I’d take but I’d refuse him in our squad as we have a togetherness and a big time Charlie who is also a proven cheat would disrupt things. Prob why Bloom didn’t go for Zaha in the end despite the chance to.

They sold us Murray for £5m and then spent a fortune on a lazy, talentless crock of shit. Happy days!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Anyway...back to our friend the gravity whore.

I really hope he stays. Nothing better than them having a player who is paid top dollar and who has said he wants to leave not being able to.

Can you imagine the tantrums? But at least he is well practiced at throwing himself to the ground, thrashing his arms and legs around and screaming his head off.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Anyway... I heard rumours that the Yanks are putting pressure on to sell ZAHAHAHAHAHA... I think they want some return of their investment after realising what a monumental balls up they have made by investing in a 2 bob club!

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
[/B]
No not really because the clubs with sh*t grounds in the Prem are thankfully in the minority, hence you will always be able to give and examples of clubs being relegated with lovely grounds, but I can only think of one club relegated with a ground that might be a little better than Sh*thurst and they had money problems and went into admin in the Prem. Remember Fratton Park?

So what you are saying is our success is beyond comparison - cheers brooooo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe take a look at your last two sets of accounts if you want to talk about loses....

No. Lets look at the FACT that in the last financial year, your shithouse club has the highest wages % to turnover in the league, at a shade under 80%.

CPFC 2010 78%
Swansea 77%
Sunderland 67%
Stoke 63%
Southampton 62%
Everton 61%
Chelsea 60%
Watford 60%
Liverpool 57%
WBA 57%
Man City 56%
Boro 54%
Hull 52%
Plucky 52%
West Ham 52%
Burnley 50%
Leicester 48%
Arsenal 47%
Man Utd 45%
Spurs 42%

So only Swansea are in the same ballpark as your mob, and they've been an utter shambles the last few years. Then there's that eyewatering £181m you've lashed out in the transfer market over the last 4 years, only to end up with a squad thats boiled down to being a 1 man team who as we know, you cannot win or even SCORE without.

Now as Roy says, the money has all dried up. Shocking way to run a football club. But then we've been here before, and when it all comes home to roost, its never Palace who end up getting shafted is it.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No. Lets look at the FACT that in the last financial year, your shithouse club has the highest wages % to turnover in the league, at a shade under 80%.

CPFC 2010 78%
Swansea 77%
Sunderland 67%
Stoke 63%
Southampton 62%
Everton 61%
Chelsea 60%
Watford 60%
Liverpool 57%
WBA 57%
Man City 56%
Boro 54%
Hull 52%
Plucky 52%
West Ham 52%
Burnley 50%
Leicester 48%
Arsenal 47%
Man Utd 45%
Spurs 42%

So only Swansea are in the same ballpark as your mob, and they've been an utter shambles the last few years. Then there's that eyewatering £181m you've lashed out in the transfer market over the last 4 years, only to end up with a squad thats boiled down to being a 1 man team who as we know, you cannot win or even SCORE without.

Now as Roy says, the money has all dried up. Shocking way to run a football club. But then we've been here before, and when it all comes home to roost, its never Palace who end up getting shafted is it.

wait for it.....But but but..What about...your debt to Uncle Tony, your Wonky stadium, your police force....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Izquierdo - is a pacy headless chicken
Knockeart for me had one good game - united. He def divides opinion in your fan base.

Would not swap either for Townsend - consistent 7/10 and hard working.
I was one of Benteke's biggest critics last season he has a lot to prove - and I am concerned But if you are judging on his overall record, far and above anything you have.

Murray scored as many goals against West Ham as Benteke scored in 30 games last season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
wait for it.....But but but..What about...your debt to Uncle Tony, your Wonky stadium, your police force....

Yep, I'm sure all their whataboutery is on its way.

Any normal set of fans would be greatly concerned about how their club is haemorrhaging money at such an alarming rate, how it is absolutely falling over itself to continue to tip endless cash into the players pockets, at a greater rate than anyone else in the entire division. Not to mention the mindboggling transfer fees, and christ knows WHAT they are still having to cough up to the half-dozen or so managers that they've binned off in the last couple of seasons.

Palace are the very definition of SHAMBLES. I'd look forward to seeing it all come crashing down around their ears again, except for the fact that in the end its every other poor bugger who ends up paying for their arrogant recklessness, while they just lurch around giving the finger to anyone who points out what cheating filth they are.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You have stayed up one season, Lets see what your age bill looks like after 6 seasons shall we? Really not sure your are the full ticket, Maybe a bit nutz..

Paying several managers off is quite expensive too, you're on your 6th since we appointed Hughton.

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Anyway... I heard rumours that the Yanks are putting pressure on to sell ZAHAHAHAHAHA... I think they want some return of their investment after realising what a monumental balls up they have made by investing in a 2 bob club!

Funny that. I hear barely any rumours yet you are hearing them, then again you hearing voices makes sense.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I really get fed up when this is rolled out as a defence of how Palace stitched up these organisations and you stating that Johns Ambulance didn't lose out is B*ll*cks.
They were owed by Crystal Palace FC £19,405 and received a cheque for the sum of around £16k from fans of many clubs and collected by Palace fans.I make that a £3,405 loss.
They also conveniently forget the £22,901 owed to the London Ambulance Service, but that's OK.

All that is true BUT it was Crystal Palace FC who defaulted on their debts NOT the fans, in fact quite the opposite.

Using the defaults to club the fans with is neither fair nor reasonable. - IMO :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here