Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Grabban a Brighton Player?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Could you post which party your contact is close to? If it's Muff, then future information from him will be not particularly relevant to Albion-related transfers; if it's the player, that might be quite interesting; but if it's the Albion, that could be dynamite (if true!)

My contact works in the media, not employed by either club but for a media company that works with both (along with many others in the FL.)

Not fair to say much more as I don't want to get him in any trouble, but I trust his information. Unfortunately he flies out on holiday tomorrow so my 'inside information' finishes today.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My contact works in the media, not employed by either club but for a media company that works with both (along with many others in the FL.)

Not fair to say much more as I don't want to get him in any trouble, but I trust his information. Unfortunately he flies out on holiday tomorrow so my 'inside information' finishes today.

Thanks for replying. I'd forgotten about the media. It does mean that his info is at least one step removed from the parties actually involved in the negotiations, so the risk of chinese whispers is increased. Nonetheless, the info you provide is, as I said last time, plausible.

Totally understand that you don't want to provide further info regarding the source!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thanks for this. Don't think you should have divulged a certain piece of information in that email though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't believe we would spend £1.1m on a player, and then only offer him a 2 year contract. That isn't plausible to me

Not being critical of [MENTION=3647]Munchkin[/MENTION] but definitely this. The suggestion of a 2 year contract doesn't sound at all right

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
To clarify....

2 year deal 'with an option attached'

To be honest I'm not sure what that means, but that's what was agreed initially.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to the report on here it was nothing to do with Grabban all down to his agent. Who is his agent? With the latest injury to Lua Lua this makes it more desirable for us to sign him on loan tonight and then permenantly next week.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The good news is that we know that the club have a decent pot of money available to recruit new players.

I was excited by the prospect of him signing, but glad that we're not prepared to pay unsustainable wages or allow players or their agents to duck us about.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
To clarify....

2 year deal 'with an option attached'

To be honest I'm not sure what that means, but that's what was agreed initially.

In a lot of sports a players contract can have player or team options attached to it.

Will generally mean the team or player can take up or decline a potential extra year on the contract.

Jan 19, 2011
For what it's worth I have just heard on the local Hampshire radio station that after lengthy discussions all day Lewis grabban is expected to sign for Brighton tonight.
If not true blame Wave 105

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here