Until this country acts against extremist scum
Until the Government realise we’ll end what we’ve begun
We are not going to go away
We will be back another day
But until then our numbers grow stronger
At the next march the column will be longer
We’ll stand and be counted, Side by side
We’re Stroger Together, we won’t hide

I quite like the poem. However having been on a march (early 80s) that ended up in Hyde park and that actually did involve at least 500,000, and that was barely reported in the media, I came to the conclusion that marching is an act of self indulgence and virtue signaling. Whether it is 'black lives matter', 'Maggi Maggi Maggi, Out, Out, Out', 'against nuclear weapons' or football 'lads'.... it is always a bit self indulgent, slightly awkward, and ignored (unless there is kerfuffle and arrest, in which case there is tut tutting and mocking as well).

That said, I cycled past the wreathes many times this week and felt something. There certainly was a BHA wreath. What I felt was mostly sadness about the deaths though, TBH. Ironically the deaths on Waterloo bridge were caused by a lone nutter, and extremism appears to have been irrelevant (albeit killing random peeople is extreme in itself, whatever the excuse) so the venue wasn't the best.

Some of the wreathes were badly made, and have disintegrated. That, or, they have been kicked in by rival supporters (many wreathes are in perfect nick). That is also rather sad.

By the way, it was Waterloo Bridge. Poetic licence?

I hope this movement evolves into something constructive. It may well do so. The odds are stacked against though, and it could easily become a vehicle for Islamophobia. Unfortunately it certainly will if folk think 'and why not?'. Considered strategy works but howls of anguish and emoting, plus male footy rival bonding, will fail. Find yourselves some muslim footy lads - tons at Leicester, for example, and then you are better placed.

I have no 'active' solution so good luck to the footy lads for being more proactive than me.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I quite like the poem. However having been on a march (early 80s) that ended up in Hyde park and that actually did involve at least 500,000, and that was barely reported in the media, I came to the conclusion that marching is an act of self indulgence and virtue signaling. Whether it is 'black lives matter', 'Maggi Maggi Maggi, Out, Out, Out', 'against nuclear weapons' or football 'lads'.... it is always a bit self indulgent, slightly awkward, and ignored (unless there is kerfuffle and arrest, in which case there is tut tutting and mocking as well).

That said, I cycled past the wreathes many times this week and felt something. There certainly was a BHA wreath. What I felt was mostly sadness about the deaths though, TBH. Ironically the deaths on Waterloo bridge were caused by a lone nutter, and extremism appears to have been irrelevant (albeit killing random peeople is extreme in itself, whatever the excuse) so the venue wasn't the best.

Some of the wreathes were badly made, and have disintegrated. That, or, they have been kicked in by rival supporters (many wreathes are in perfect nick). That is also rather sad.

By the way, it was Waterloo Bridge. Poetic licence?

I hope this movement evolves into something constructive. It may well do so. The odds are stacked against though, and it could easily become a vehicle for Islamophobia. Unfortunately it certainly will if folk think 'and why not?'. Considered strategy works but howls of anguish and emoting, plus male footy rival bonding, will fail. Find yourselves some muslim footy lads - tons at Leicester, for example, and then you are better placed.

I have no 'active' solution so good luck to the footy lads for being more proactive than me.

Waterloo Bridge ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Waterloo Bridge ???

Apologies - there are lots on Waterloo Bridge including a BHA one, but I see from photos online there are loads (more by the look of it) on Londong Bridge too.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
yep, you keep on defending extremists ,when are you and the others on here going to say something against MUSLIM EXTREMISTS as you seem to dislike anyone who say's anything against them :nono::nono::nono:
regards
DR

I think the issue with people like yourself is that you put all Muslim people in the same brackets as extremists. Didn't you post something earlier about bulldozing down Mosques?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the issue with people like yourself is that you put all Muslim people in the same brackets as extremists. Didn't you post something earlier about bulldozing down Mosques?
That was The Fairy parody account, but maybe the parody was true ? ???

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Actually how old are you ?
Your replies strike me as someone with terrible acne who is an only child and about 13 years of age

It's actually a shame that the irony of your post will be utterly lost on you.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
yep, you keep on defending extremists ,when are you and the others on here going to say something against MUSLIM EXTREMISTS as you seem to dislike anyone who say's anything against them :nono::nono::nono:
regards
DR

You're either on a very unfunny wind up or you really are as thick as you appear. Extraordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here