Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bars in Berlin

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Would Herr Tubthumper be able to recommend any bars in Berlin that could show English Championship games on 22/4 for the Norwich game please? We will be staying near the Brandenburg Gate and preferably suitable to take an 11 year old and elderly mother in law?! Oh, and my wife ���� too. Or alternatively any decent watering holes to frequent for some local beers?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Would Herr Tubthumper be able to recommend any bars in Berlin that could show English Championship games on 22/4 for the Norwich game please? We will be staying near the Brandenburg Gate and preferably suitable to take an 11 year old and elderly mother in law?! Oh, and my wife ���� too. Or alternatively any decent watering holes to frequent for some local beers?

Plenty of football is shown but I'm afraid it's the mainly Bundesliga and in the handful of English/Irish pubs it's the Premier League which dominates. The only place I know where you will have a chance is The Oscar Wilde http://www.oscar-wilde-irish-pub.de but you will have to ask them. You will also have to contend with a Friday night stag do atmosphere as well.

I can certainly help with your other request for local watering holes. Will you be as a family at all times i.e. will you always need a venue which accommodates you in-law and your 11 year old? Or can I recommend some of the more adventurous places?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Plenty of football is shown but I'm afraid it's the mainly Bundesliga and in the handful of English/Irish pubs it's the Premier League which dominates. The only place I know where you will have a chance is The Oscar Wilde http://www.oscar-wilde-irish-pub.de but you will have to ask them. You will also have to contend with a Friday night stag do atmosphere as well.

I can certainly help with your other request for local watering holes. Will you be as a family at all times i.e. will you always need a venue which accommodates you in-law and your 11 year old? Or can I recommend some of the more adventurous places?

HT, thanks for that. I'll be with my family mostly so probably best to avoid too adventurous places ! Any suggestions for decent pubs would be great though. Also, is the cafe where David Bowie frequented when he did his Trilogy there worth going to ?

Cheers

HT, thanks for that. I'll be with my family mostly so probably best to avoid too adventurous places ! Any suggestions for decent pubs would be great though. Also, is the cafe where David Bowie frequented when he did his Trilogy there worth going to ?

Cheers

Having been to said cafe - Neues Ufer - when in Berlin for a few football games about three weeks ago, I'd highly recommend it. Nice quiet atmosphere when we were there in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday. Had lots of pictures of the great man from throughout the years up on the walls.

There's also the plaque on the apartment building him and Iggy Pop used to live at a few doors up from the cafe as well, which is worth a look. All a few minutes walk from Kleistpark U-Bahn stop.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When we were in Munich and it was West Ham at home a few years back on a Monday night we just asked in a sports bar if they could show the game on one screen and they did, strangely everyone in the bar migrated to watching the game, annoyingly we lost 1-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here