Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Places you have lived in , you would never go back to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Northampton (albeit I have had and still have only one foot in it). I've mentioned it before so I won't repeat.

Also on my past list is Brixton. The Oval end. Would never live there again, among several reasons, because I couldn't possibly afford it.

Portslade and Rottingdene, because there is something rather melancholy about living again where I grew up; on a par with moving back in with the woman I divorced 30 years ago. Dogs seem to like a second bash at their old vomit, though. One of many reasons I don't keep a dog :lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
In no particular order Llandrindodd Wells,Cramlington,Blyth,Stevenage and Luton .Never lived there full time,but spent up to a year staying in these places for work.

Mate of mine lived briefly in Blyth a few years ago. We stayed there before a match against Newcastle and he wouldn't even let us go to the corner shop with a southern accent in case we were set upon.

When he lived in Alnmouth (much nicer) I seem to recall visiting a very dire nightclub in Cramlington.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Outskirts of Liverpool - a place called Cantril Farm, know to locals as Cannibal Farm. While there we were burgled, had our dustbin pinched, disturbed someone trying to burgle us and had a stolen car driven into the side of our house. This was the time of the Liverpool riots, the dead being left unburied (strike by the council workers) and Derek Hatton and his pals took over.
Oddly enough it was good fun in some ways...........................and the footie team could play a bit, until they came unstuck against us in the Cup at Anfield.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Outskirts of Liverpool - a place called Cantril Farm, know to locals as Cannibal Farm. While there we were burgled, had our dustbin pinched, disturbed someone trying to burgle us and had a stolen car driven into the side of our house. This was the time of the Liverpool riots, the dead being left unburied (strike by the council workers) and Derek Hatton and his pals took over.
Oddly enough it was good fun in some ways...........................and the footie team could play a bit, until they came unstuck against us in the Cup at Anfield.
Lol, now known as Stockbridge village. I'm sure the name change has made all the difference!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Coventry. 'Nuff said.

Leyton. Paid £20 a week for a room in a shared house on the High Road, mid 80s. Got teargassed in our local!

Or anywhere else in League 1, hopefully.

PG

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I though Jersey was ace - although I was 22, living in paid-for accommodation with 20 others (mixed). Work was ok, social life was a constant round of sport, eating out and drinking. Lots of drinking. Three years was enough though.

I know what you mean - but drinking is just about it. Even playing 5 a side every week would result in a pub session and stinking hangover. I just got fed up with it.

And the locals had more chips on their shoulder than the Scots. I once had my car towed way for leaving it on a yellow line after 8 in the morning. It got towed to a car pound and I had to go and see the Centenier to get it back. Felt like I was going on trial for murder. He even had a bloody gavel!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know what you mean - but drinking is just about it. Even playing 5 a side every week would result in a pub session and stinking hangover. I just got fed up with it.

And the locals had more chips on their shoulder than the Scots. I once had my car towed way for leaving it on a yellow line after 8 in the morning. It got towed to a car pound and I had to go and see the Centenier to get it back. Felt like I was going on trial for murder. He even had a bloody gavel!

You're right...everything ended up with drinking.......and the police/politicians (anyone thinking Dave and his lot are bad should have a look at the Jersey clowns) are a nightmare, especially if you're not a Bean.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can I put forward:

Northwich, gives the lie to the myth of leafy bucolic Cheshire, Alderley Edge it ain't.

Coventry, no wonder the Germans bombed it.

Harlow, worse than Crawley.

My last firm had a fairly big office in Northwich that I unfortunately had a small amount of responsibility for, meaning regular trips there. From the taxi driver from Manchester airport blaming the 'Pakis' for everything to the miserable, lazy twunts in the office that was on the arse end of an industrial estate behind a bread factory (I never thought the smell of fresh bread could be bad, but it is if it's all you can smell all day) every trip was miserable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
London for me. I reached a point after 16 years when I thought it's really hard work living here.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My last firm had a fairly big office in Northwich that I unfortunately had a small amount of responsibility for, meaning regular trips there. From the taxi driver from Manchester airport blaming the 'Pakis' for everything to the miserable, lazy twunts in the office that was on the arse end of an industrial estate behind a bread factory (I never thought the smell of fresh bread could be bad, but it is if it's all you can smell all day) every trip was miserable.

Ah Roberts Bakery, the bread that tastes like cardboard, a strange but true USP and one wholly befitting Northwich...

Did I mention that Northwich hosted not 1, not 2 but 3 filthy polluting ICI Chlor-Chemical Plants when I was growing up there in the 1970's?

Rumour had it that the pension scheme was the size of a planet as almost nobody made it to retirement. :down:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ah Roberts Bakery, the bread that tastes like cardboard, a strange but true USP and one wholly befitting Northwich...

Did I mention that Northwich hosted not 1, not 2 but 3 filthy polluting ICI Chlor-Chemical Plants when I was growing up there in the 1970's?

Rumour had it that the pension scheme was the size of a planet as almost nobody made it to retirement. :down:

Yup, that's it.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here