Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The good, the bad and the Brighton - Croydon Advertiser

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Forgetting chunky knitwear and the normal slagging off by both sets of fans, my Palace mate is not happy as he points out that 'what are they in it for?' I know Palace fans will probably think its because of the fantastic club and fans, but we all know they are in to make money, pure and simple. We, as a community football club with a owner as a supporter who has put in over £200 million of his own money is more the model that I like. Not sure the current Palace owners have put in anything like that and have constantly looked to sell from the day they took over. Best of luck to them, but there has only been a few success cases in English football with foreign investors and think those clubs like Man City, Chelsea etc have lost their identity of being a community club, just a cash making machine, which is what I thought Palace fans hated with a vengeance. Hopefully there are a few more sensible Palace fans who are very cautious of this and dare I say, a bit worried. Time will tell, but shame the journalist chose to have a dig at us, when we have done very well to build a super ground, with a training ground to match and an infrastructure better than most prem sides, with an increased fan base based on all this. As someone mentioned, what do we call the extra 20,000 fans at Palace new stadium, plastics?, glory hunters?, extra ultras?, not sure, but think you would be better off with the famous 4 and the Sky money, your fans hate so much.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I see the 'journalist' is pulling the classic 'made myself look a **** so i'll claim I was fishing' tactic on Twitter.

Typically happens when someone tries to do something but it backfires. Surprising the bellend could actually spell fishing let alone try to pull it off.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not certain, but I believe that this 'journalist' is the bloke who presented the Palace fans' podcast after we beat them 3-0, and he was sniffing throughout the show like he was either crying or doing lines.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I see the 'journalist' is pulling the classic 'made myself look a **** so i'll claim I was fishing' tactic on Twitter.

[tweet]664806425143738368[/tweet]

The bloke is a ninny.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Whoever is using the term 'journalist' to describe the writer of that piece had better be careful. It's quite simply an appallingly badly written article that contains so many inaccuracies and so much pure unadulterated drivel. How can a club that's only 5 years old have a 'world famous atmosphere'?

Remember this was a club that could muster only a handful of fans to their save Palace 'march' a few years ago, a club that was getting 13000 crowds in the Championship.

Sure, I'd like to swap divisions with them, but the day Tony sells out to a Yank is the day I call it quits. (Cue Palace fans blithering on about it's not a sell out, simply an investment - get real.)

I wonder if with all the money they've now got, they'll pay back those local companies they shafted (twice)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace Born and Bred :lolol:
In fairness we've learned not to feed and clickbait our own troll, but it would appear his cousin has had a couple of thousand more clicks than usual.

He's going to be feeling pretty pleased with himself.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
These two guys have been in the background for quite a while now and now it looks like it's going to happen . I'm cautiously optimistic and reassured that our 4 owners are staying on with Steve still running the club . With the 6 of them putting equal amounts into the re devolpment of selhurst it does seem sensible and now , with the investment , it seems this could happen sooner rather than later . The roller coaster is getting faster :smile:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These two guys have been in the background for quite a while now and now it looks like it's going to happen . I'm cautiously optimistic and reassured that our 4 owners are staying on with Steve still running the club . With the 6 of them putting equal amounts into the re devolpment of selhurst it does seem sensible and now , with the investment , it seems this could happen sooner rather than later . The roller coaster is getting faster :smile:

That's what happens when you reach a peak and start plummeting down.

I hope those 10,000 who jumped on the Premier League 'coaster are strapped in and can't just jump out at the bottom.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
In fairness we've learned not to feed and clickbait our own troll, but it would appear his cousin has had a couple of thousand more clicks than usual.

He's going to be feeling pretty pleased with himself.

He may be happy with the click-bait, but he should be embarrassed to have an article with such poor english published with his name under it. It's not going to help his journalistic career.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...With the 6 of them putting equal amounts into the re devolpment of selhurst it does seem sensible and now , with the investment , it seems this could happen sooner rather than later . The roller coaster is getting faster :smile:

really? i read that the current owners less Parish were selling their shares. seems odd they'd sell shares then invest an equal amount. and the important thing to remember, regardles of who is doing the buying, is if tis cash or debt loaded on to the club. if the latter, not so good...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He may be happy with the click-bait, but he should be embarrassed to have an article with such poor english published with his name under it. It's not going to help his journalistic career.

You have already been warned that you cannot use the words journalist or journalistic when referring to the writer or his 'career.'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and yet we have living proof to the contrary right here in our own family.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I'm pretty certain that most people gave up the Croydon Advertiser as a credible source of Palace news a number of years back.

I see they have a new home kit for next season uploadfromtaptalk1447362063337.jpg

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Nice to see the usual suspects filling their Daisy roots :)
The king of chunky knitware Simster, aka The man from c&a, really is venting his spleen :eek:
Go on my son !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
really? i read that the current owners less Parish were selling their shares. seems odd they'd sell shares then invest an equal amount. and the important thing to remember, regardles of who is doing the buying, is if tis cash or debt loaded on to the club. if the latter, not so good...
They are selling some to allow the two guys on board . There will be no debt loaded on the club .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here