Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby home crowd/tickets sold/seats remaining thread [Merged]

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am shocked just how many are still available, in just about every single area. Going on the basis that you can never get a ticket in the ESU or WSU online for league home games. I assume all the tickets that are available account for all the st holders that don't turn up week in week out, hence why there are always thousands of empty spaces... All the more reason why we either must go up, or change our style of play next season in the championship.People are clearly choosing to watch at home, rather that go to game. Quite unbelievable for a play off semi final. but I honestly think it's a reflection on the style of football we play......I've got my ticket btw.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am shocked just how many are still available, in just about every single area. Going on the basis that you can never get a ticket in the ESU or WSU online for league home games. I assume all the tickets that are available account for all the st holders that don't turn up week in week out, hence why there are always thousands of empty spaces... All the more reason why we either must go up, or change our style of play next season in the championship.People are clearly choosing to watch at home, rather that go to game. Quite unbelievable for a play off semi final. but I honestly think it's a reflection on the style of football we play......I've got my ticket btw.

It must be absolutely horrendous to be you. Surely you can't be this negative in real life?

Should Oscar still be sacked now we have made the play offs? Will he still definitely not be here next season? Are there still massive problems at the Albion?

What is 'quite unbelievable' is that a club who struggled to get 6,000 through the door just a few seasons ago are now pushing for a 30,000 gate and are the best supported club in the football league.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Poor post

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
KTR - Sorry mate I think we have a few fans that can afford to pay for the season tickets even if they can't attend all the matches and to be honest who thought we were going to make the play offs?

Obviously we did!! :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No Brighton home games are POTG but you can normally book over the phone up to an hour before kick-off and pick-up at the game. No mention if that is going to be available on Thursday though.

Nope, they've all been pay on the gate this season, or at least just buy the gate, and a surprising number of people seem to do it that way.

Feb 14, 2010
What is 'quite unbelievable' is that a club who struggled to get 6,000 through the door just a few seasons ago are now pushing for a 30,000 gate and are the best supported club in the football league.[/QUOTE]

Commander, why are you so hard on this football club ? You will recall that despite being in the lowest league, Brighton sold out Withdean for what 3 or 4 seasons, despite all of the Archer nonsense and the serial decline of the club from 1984 onwards. What is incredible is the campaign the fans undertook and the thousands that travelled every week to Gillingham. To answer your direct point, its not incredible that a club who got 34000 at home to the likes of Rochdale in the third division, can get the crowds they do. As for Thursday, well nigh on 29000/30000 in this economic climate for a midweek play off game on telly isn't so shabby especially with the lack of car parks around the ground.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
...and a more 'attractive' game, being against them.

...and greater expectation of progression, given the respective finishing positions in the two clubs, and the Albion being very much in form.

Our form is the SAME as last year.

Last 8 games 16 points 2012/13, and 2013/14

Last 6 games 14 points 2012/13, and 2013/14.

We are IN form.

However we our style of football is a lot worse but far more effective.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our form is the SAME as last year.

Last 8 games 16 points 2012/13, and 2013/14

Last 6 games 14 points 2012/13, and 2013/14.

We are IN form.

However we our style of football is a lot worse but far more effective.

I meant relative to the opposition. Derby have been doing a lot better than spluttering Palace were.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I meant relative to the opposition. Derby have been doing a lot better than spluttering Palace were.

Should have made that clearer!

I can't see how the form of the opponent would impact anything when we are probably in the top 4 form in the league.

Could add the buzz of a last minute winner could help bring a few extra.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It must be absolutely horrendous to be you. Surely you can't be this negative in real life?

Should Oscar still be sacked now we have made the play offs? Will he still definitely not be here next season? Are there still massive problems at the Albion?

What is 'quite unbelievable' is that a club who struggled to get 6,000 through the door just a few seasons ago are now pushing for a 30,000 gate and are the best supported club in the football league.

Amen

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Commander, why are you so hard on this football club ? You will recall that despite being in the lowest league, Brighton sold out Withdean for what 3 or 4 seasons, despite all of the Archer nonsense and the serial decline of the club from 1984 onwards. What is incredible is the campaign the fans undertook and the thousands that travelled every week to Gillingham. To answer your direct point, its not incredible that a club who got 34000 at home to the likes of Rochdale in the third division, can get the crowds they do. As for Thursday, well nigh on 29000/30000 in this economic climate for a midweek play off game on telly isn't so shabby especially with the lack of car parks around the ground.
You do talk rubbish. In the very FIRST year at Withdean, we had a crowd of 5049 (nearly 1,000 under capacity) for the home defeat v Rochdale. We had about six gates of 30k+ in the Goldstone's history. In 1991, we reached the play off final on gates of 8,000, pitiful even by the standards of the time.

Reading your drivel, you'd think the Goldstone was ALWAYS a seething mass of 15,000 minimum. It wasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here