IPOD Help

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK having got one I can see the songs on the IPOD via my PC but they don't play - what is going wrong ?

Help required please and no turn it on / off

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
paddy said:
Are they definately downloaded onto your IPOD?

Well I can see them on the IPOD when connected to the PC but not so sure now.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Does it play, if so...using the circular control, use your index finger to adjust the volume

Does that work

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
got to "file in I-tunes and update Ipod with your selected songs

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
When the IPOD is unplugged from the PC, go Music, Songs... If you don't see anything they are probably not downloaded.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doesn't play so I don't think the songs are there.

There are three files calender, contact and notes then all the MP3s when I view.

Should the music be in a folder ?

Why whenever the IPOD is plugged into the PC it says do not disconnect ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Beach Hut said:

Because it's transfering all your songs from iTunes on to the iPod, you should wait for this message to disappear before you disconnect it from your USB port.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Doesn't play so I don't think the songs are there.

There are three files calender, contact and notes then all the MP3s when I view.

Should the music be in a folder ?

Everytime you switch on your pc it will charge up your ipod if plugged in, for this reason do not disconnect is displayed, it will do this when you also do an update or change your your choice of music

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So how long does it take to download 2.5GB ?

If I disconnected should I start again and why could I play a track when looking at the IPOD on the PC ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
On Itunes you will have your ipod displayed as a seperate drive, you can click on it and monitor it downloading your selected track, in the meantime you can plays tunes from your library whilst downloading

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Northstander said:
On Itunes you will have your ipod displayed as a seperate drive, you can click on it and monitor it downloading your selected track, in the meantime you can plays tunes from your library whilst downloading

OK where do I download ITUNES then

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
You should have a cd that came with your ipod, just load that onto your pc OR you can just google "Itunes" and download it from there.

When I got mine though, I loaded the cd and it asked me for the serial number off me ipod (for registration purposes I assume)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Northstander said:
You should have a cd that came with your ipod, just load that onto your pc OR you can just google "Itunes" and download it from there.

When I got mine though, I loaded the cd and it asked me for the serial number off me ipod (for registration purposes I assume)

But I have a load of music on my PC which I want to transfer to it so what do I do ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Right just downloaded it

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
If this thread is NOT a wind up I'm seriously writing to Apple to get some sort of IQ level requirement for when idiots buy there products :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports