Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Where's the UNKLE show?

Edit: Scrap that, my wife due to give birth two days previous. Not sure I could swing it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thoroughly enjoyed Priests last night who played most of the album. Slightly disappointed that Slum of Legs were not supporting as thought they were meant to. No idea the name of the band who was playing instead but a pretty agreeable noise and a short five song set. All very refreshing in contrast to Great Escape and a balmy evening weather wise.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good week so far

Thursday: From The Jam at The Cavern in Liverpool. Foxton & Masters played an acoustic set, surely no band has produced songs in the ratio of great to duds like The Jam?

Friday: Pauline Murray, Skeletal Family and The Mission. Gothtastic.

Last Night: Blossom, Cabbage, The Charlatans and The Courteeners. Blew me away, despite being twice the age of most there it was a truly uplifting experience in what has been a terrible week here in Mancester. Liam Fray was the ultimate frontman, and had everyone in tears on a couple of occasions as he addressed the 50,000 there. Hugely underrated band.

Tonight (if I can negotiate a pass out from Mrs EP) it's Erasure.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Low Roar Sunday - Hope & Ruin. Well worth a visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jul 7, 2003
Iron Maiden at O2 Arena last night. Good show, few too many of the new songs for my liking but then it is a tour to support the album. First time I've seen them in a long time but I think Bruce is probably singing better than he has for a while and has stopped his old habit of singing too fast for the song. Still a lot of energy for a band who are now getting on a bit. Bruce said that they would look to do proper UK tours again in future.

Shinedown in support were a disappointment. Bland arena rock and vocalist who spent far too long talking to the audience in a 50 minute support slot. I was disappointed that they didn't give an up and coming young British band the support slot for the UK tour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Iron Maiden at O2 Arena last night. Good show, few too many of the new songs for my liking but then it is a tour to support the album. First time I've seen them in a long time but I think Bruce is probably singing better than he has for a while and has stopped his old habit of singing too fast for the song. Still a lot of energy for a band who are now getting on a bit. Bruce said that they would look to do proper UK tours again in future.

Shinedown in support were a disappointment. Bland arena rock and vocalist who spent far too long talking to the audience in a 50 minute support slot. I was disappointed that they didn't give an up and coming young British band the support slot for the UK tour.

:thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Went with some friends to see Erasure at the Camden Roundhouse last night. I do love that venue and suited Erasure perfectly. Andy Bell was on top form, his voice superb and a good mix of a few new songs with a lot of crowd-pleasers (Blue Savannah, Love To Hate You, Sometimes, It Doesn't Have To Be) and of course Respect for the encore. Crowd was v.appreciative too and patient esp. with the long queue to get in as they had an extra security buffer and a new metal detector system. No-one minded though as we all understood why it was necessary - esp. at a gig with a very high percentage of gays. Concert was nearly a full 2 hours and yet over too quickly. Up there as one of my favourites.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Melt Banana on top form last night. Songs from across their career interrupted with a seven song short song section- nothing lasting more than a minute and most over in seconds. Cover of Monkey Man too. Those at the very front having a great time-serious moshing- and all over by 10.pm. Rock and Roll!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just seen Föllakzoid again. Brilliant on record and superb live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here