Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] August 12th / holidays

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mrs G has just informed me that we're away for a long weekend 17th to 20th ... so, I hope we are at home first game

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
due to be on my way back from France on 12th - may have to reschedule it if poss

really has got ridiculous - kid doesnt break up until 25 July - we go on the 29th - how the bloody hell are you meant to get a two week holiday in before the football season starts? its a joke.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Due to arrive back in Southampton from a Cruise on August 12. With a good run home, I should make it in time for a home game.

Not sure how the rest of the family would feel if we are away to Southampton.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mrs SS has been told in no uncertain terms that no holiday after the 12th August and that I will be attending all games home and away next season. Apparently, this means that I don't love her and further more that I care about football more than her. I thought for a woman being 50% right wasn't bad really....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Booked holiday a few months ago, taking the kids out of school a day and a half early just so we can be back on August 5th a full week ahead of the excitement. I want to really immerse myself in the whole Premier League build up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Back on the 12th early morning at Gatwick so will see what happens

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
August 12th is the date for the Premier League start next season.

Should the Albion be part of the Greatest Show on Earth (TM), do you already have a holiday booked that would see you missing it?

We haven't got anything booked yet, but if/when we do, it would see us being away for the first couple of weeks of the season.
Tfft we come home from holiday on 11th - I'm predicting Arsenal at home (if we make it).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
due to be on my way back from France on 12th - may have to reschedule it if poss

really has got ridiculous - kid doesnt break up until 25 July - we go on the 29th - how the bloody hell are you meant to get a two week holiday in before the football season starts? its a joke.

Thank your lucky stars we won't be in the Championship (will we). That starts on w/e 5th August so the first game will be on Friday 4th.

chrispyk

May 4, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I'm coming to the UK for a study abroad trip to Scotland for 2 weeks in early August so I'm hoping I'll be able to get tickets to a match on the 12th or 19th.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mrs SS has been told in no uncertain terms that no holiday after the 12th August and that I will be attending all games home and away next season. Apparently, this means that I don't love her and further more that I care about football more than her. I thought for a woman being 50% right wasn't bad really....

Like the old joke isn't it......?

'You care more about the Albion than you do about me'
'To be fair, I care more about Palace than I do about you'

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep we will be away around 3rd to 20th august.

Also I have a few golf matches scheduled for saturdays leading up to the 4th November ...so who knows.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This season's promoted teams:

Burnley: Sunday - 7; Monday - 4
Middlesbrough: Sunday - 9; Monday - 5
Watford: Sunday - 6; Monday - 3
So the lesser teams get the shit days....what a surprise :glare:
Reckon we'll get a good 10 Saturday games at least which isn't a bad thing :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Might have to give it a miss-it is The Glorious 12th after all and there are Grouse to be shot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here