Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opponents booked for fouling LuaLua

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
In Kaz's absence, I'd say Solly March stood in as a good replacement for getting kicked about, and opponents being booked for flattening him.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Remember that game I always thought all outfield players were booked, maybe all 11.

It was an unbelivable set of yellow card stats - 10 out of the 13 players were booked, including all three subs.

As each player was booked, there was more and more incredulity in the crowd that it was one who hadn't already been booked. It was a genuine, perfectly choreographed procession of players taking it into turns to receive their yellow cards.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-exeter-city-22-december-2000-3742/

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great analysis.

From what I've seen, there are a fair few big, dirty players in this league. He's just too good for them.

Jul 5, 2003
It was an unbelivable set of yellow card stats - 10 out of the 13 players were booked, including all three subs.

As each player was booked, there was more and more incredulity in the crowd that it was one who hadn't already been booked. It was a genuine, perfectly choreographed procession of players taking it into turns to receive their yellow cards.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-exeter-city-22-december-2000-3742/

Great find!

It would appear that, of the 3 players that didn't get booked, one was an ex-Brighton player and he scored an own goal!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm seriously looking forward to the day we have a fully fit Kaz on one wing and Knockaert on the other. That's the stuff of nightmares for any visiting defence :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Remember it well; it was the day when Mrs Gwylan and I arranged our first date, I nearly missed my train because I was on the phone for so long.

I wonder if the four who didn't get booked got a bollocking in the dressing room for not being committed enough

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That Huddersfield meathead was booked twice within the space of 11 minutes for scything down KLL.

He's such a potent WEAPON. I have absolutely no doubt that we would be at least half a dozen points better off this season if he hadn't been crocked for nearly half of it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
That Huddersfield meathead was booked twice within the space of 11 minutes for scything down KLL.

He's such a potent WEAPON. I have absolutely no doubt that we would be at least half a dozen points better off this season if he hadn't been crocked for nearly half of it.

Completely agree. And especially if Bong had not got crocked too. The pair of them played so well together. Can't wait till they're both back fully firing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Kaz winning freekicks, getting players carded and leaving them too scared to tackle is what we have been missing. Yellow cards weaken the opposition and are almost as good as a goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure we could visibly see 'fields heads drop when Kaz came on.

They'd been worked over by BZ, and yes I'm going to say it, Tomer too, only for them to be replaced by Wilson and KLL.

Kaz genuinely scared them, he attracts more players, space gets created, and it's a goal.

But crucially even though I was very worried about 'holding on for the points' with KLL, Knocky, Wilson and Murphy all on the pitch while Kayal was a miss-timed tackle away from a sending off.
They were sufficiently worried that they couldn't fully commit to the equalizer.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This thread has, frustratingly, required far fewer posts from me this season than looked likely in the early days of the campaign (and is, perhaps, a microcosm of LuaLua's entire Albion career). Thankfully we are not now as reliant upon Kazenga's skills as we have been in seasons past. Bringing the data up-to-date:-

February 13: Championship – Home v Bolton. LuaLua played final fifteen minutes as a substitute: 1) Vela booked for fouling LuaLua

March 8: Championship – Home v Sheff Wed. LuaLua played final twenty minutes as a substitute: 1) Matias booked for fouling Murphy

March 15: Championship – Home v Reading. LuaLua played final thirteen minutes as a substitute: 1) Gunter booked for fouling LuaLua

Summary

So far, LuaLua has started 8 matches and made 7 substitute appearances.
Opponents have received 13 cautions (of which one resulted in a dismissal) for fouling him; this represents 52% of all cards issued to opponents [25 in total] during LuaLua's time on the pitch.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought about this thread when Kaz drew that yellow last night having only been on the pitch a few minutes... :)

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Opponents have received 13 cautions for fouling him; this represents 52% of all cards issued to opponents [25 in total] during LuaLua's time on the pitch.

Now that is a stat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here