Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Once Caskey was named in the side I think we all knew what the outcome would be. I had a big groan as did my sons even the dog had a disappointed look on his face.
Chuckle

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
On the way home. That was dire. Can't think what Hughton was trying to do unless he no longer cares about away fixtures and thinks we'll stay up on our home form. 1st goal a shocking cock up by Stockdale who then out Greered Greer by seeking to blame Ince. Dodgy penalty then we allowed Mackie to waltz through for their second. Reading were quicker and harder than us. The rest has done JFC no good at all. It was cock.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
wheel.jpg

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
That team was inept. No movement no plan. Ledesma, Halford and Best all very poor, also Ince, JFC , Stockdale (dreadful for second goal and first for that matter ) ...... Poor selection, poor tactics

Last edited:

Already an end of season feel and it's mid March. I do think Hughton is having a good look at his squad so I think we will see a bit of rotation and maybe some uninspiring games and results. Hughton is a serious guy and will want top 6 chasing strength in place right from the off, the current bunch are midtable at best and he'll want hard evidence to present to the board when he asks them to spend cash in the summer for that extra bit of quality we need

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
On the way home. That was dire. Can't think what Hughton was trying to do unless he no longer cares about away fixtures and thinks we'll stay up on our home form. 1st goal a shocking cock up by Stockdale who then out Greered Greer by seeking to blame Ince. Dodgy penalty then we allowed Mackie to waltz through for their second. Reading were quicker and harder than us. The rest has done JFC no good at all. It was cock.
Well done for going. Sounded like a dreadful game and poor team selection. It should help Hughton to decide who to move on in the summer though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It was so wrong tonight and let us fans down. If he wants to experiment can he tell us first so we won't spend our hard earned cash.

I backed us to win in the NSC competition, if i'd known the team when i placed the bet, i would have backed the loss.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
INIGO CALDERON ‏@I_CALDERON_14 1m1 minute ago

We will bounce back on Saturday at the Amex, #nodoubtaboutit

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I suppose it's quite clever. Don't play Tex anymore. Make it look like you don't rate him. Then offer a just about average fee for him. Get him on a 3 year contract and then turn him into a first class player next season. I see what you're doing Mr H.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
That team was inept. No movement no plan. Ledesma, Halford and Bent all very poor, also Ince, JFC , Stockdale (dreadful for second goal and first for that matter ) ...... Poor selection, poor tactics

We have been very poor in the loan market. I would rather us put DS players on the bench than paying loan players that don't seem much better. Fenelon is better than Best, Rea probably as good as Halford and Monokana as good as Ledesma. So why waste money on poor loans. The only ones that have paid off are Tex and Bennett and even then is Bennett much better than Chicksen who with games would probably be as good. Let's hope that next season we buy players that are good enough and don't have to rely on loans.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Such a waested opportunity. no better time to play Reading, they hadn't scored at home for 3 games, had a hard cup tie and now minds on a replay and possible semi-final so, what do we do? mess about with the team again, play two wide players away when we don't play one at home and then don't play wide and go back to our dead slow build up of the early season.

Do people really think we'll win at Millwall?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Such a waested opportunity. no better time to play Reading, they hadn't scored at home for 3 games, had a hard cup tie and now minds on a replay and possible semi-final so, what do we do? mess about with the team again, play two wide players away when we don't play one at home and then don't play wide and go back to our dead slow build up of the early season.

nil nil draw

Interesting though isn't it...we were reasonable away and it was our home form that was crippling us....now its almost gone the opposite way

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

sounds like an all too familiar dierctionless performance against a team that ON FORM we should have beaten.......so hard to grasp how we can beat Derby one week and then turn in an overwhelmingly average performance against "lesser" opposition, stockdale at fault again for the goals arfter a blinder last week ?? the fact that we cannot lift ourselves for games like this could point to leadership issues.......we are , as always a frustrating team to support....!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here