Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia has got to go

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
My take on today's game: Before people scream relegation - we've not played that badly. We've been wasteful and sloppy in front of goal and unconfident at the back. Why we decided to invite Ipswich into our six yard box without so much of a tackle is beyond me, but other than that we've looked capable of matching them and with a bit more aggression we might be ahead. You have to give Gerken credit though, he's played a blinder.

So what's gone wrong? Subs. This game was ours for the taking at 60 minutes. You simply HAVE to blame Sami for not making the changes. The big disappointment for me is that Tex wasn't introduced on 60 minutes. Bringing him on after going down was utterly pointless. It was blindingly obvious he was needed then instead we let the legs tire in midfield and they've walked it in. Other than that we've looked threatening.

Enjoy the attacking imputus we've shown today but Sami's thrown it with his subs, simple as that. Taking Holla off and leaving LuaLua on. I hope he holds his hands up because he's made some terrible managerial decisions today.

Should he walk? Of course not. It's October. After the huge player turnaround it was always going to be a transitional season for us, let's continue to give it time.
Thought it was September?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The worrying sign is that the side is all over the place, no consistency, and no one ever seems to be in the right position. That has got car crash written all over it.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Jesus wept.

Support the manager and his team or ****ing do one.

It's September not ****ing April Fools

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sami seemed eager to thank the ref after the game. I wonder what he said.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Im just wondering what your explanation will be if we are rooted to the bottom in 2 1/2 months time.
Some of you lot live in pink fluffy cloud land where everything everyday is great and wonderful, have a reality check mush were shit at the moment very very shit and its down to the manager.
You can only let it go on for so long in this division very few teams who are near the bottom by end of November ever recover from it.
Will you be saying the same then of course you wont.
Oh FFS! We are NOT "rooted to the bottom in 2 1/2 months time" though are we? We are just 7 games into a 46 game season. Weve played quite well and lost a few, weve played quite well and won a few... Christ - Micky Adams' 2000-01 team started with 3 defeats in 4, and we went on to win the league... Its like flouncing out of a stadium after 10 minutes of a game with us a goal down. Its only September... calm the **** down.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Underwhelmed, uninspired, worried. Love my club and have lifelong loyalties, I will support it with my money and time. However, taking off the blue tinted glasses I am CONCERNED! I am not too sure Sammi is the man to get us promoted. I am also pessimistic about our signings (bar one loan signing), I could accept a decent placed position at the end. Say 9th even, but I do not see or feel that possibility right now. I wont wait until Christmas to question, seven games is more than a few, or even a handful. Losing traction at the beginning of the season is fatal. I fear a relegation battle season this time round.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Early days. Confident things will improve and we'll finish the season somewhere around mid table at least and have been entertained throughout (admittedly not without some frustrations but that's football). Better that than last's season's game after game of turgid tippy-tappy sideways toss, scraping into the playoffs and then getting humiliated.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Entitled to be unhappy in my opinion. Need an experienced manager as I can't see how Sami can turn this around. Only played well against Leeds and that was after an injection of players. Now what?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm not in the let's sack Sami camp but I am in the( the club should not have boasted about there transfer window business until we have played a top team)camp.

We are still to play a top team & we are 18th in the league.We have played 7 league games so far this season all against teams that we were probably favourites to win.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
You serious lol
You'd prefer sideways football with 3 shots per game then?
I hated the previous two seasons football and love this style in which will entertain the crowd rather than bore the fack out of them.Loved the brentford and charlton game.

That's my opinion
Yes I am ,why ask a fullback to go past people when they can't cross a ball ? All the games I've, seen Bennett turns and passes backwards ,crofts then has to cover for him he isn't a defender ,why make lua lua play inside when we no he's position is best out wide . We are all over the place and it's because of this system ,sammi's system .You would have thought he would have learned after all them games in Germany when he could'nt win a game .

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Underwhelmed, uninspired, worried. Love my club and have lifelong loyalties, I will support it with my money and time. However, taking off the blue tinted glasses I am CONCERNED! I am not too sure Sammi is the man to get us promoted. I am also pessimistic about our signings (bar one loan signing), I could accept a decent placed position at the end. Say 9th even, but I do not see or feel that possibility right now. I wont wait until Christmas to question, seven games is more than a few, or even a handful. Losing traction at the beginning of the season is fatal. I fear a relegation battle season this time round.

At last someone with more than one brain cell !!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The worrying sign is that the side is all over the place, no consistency, and no one ever seems to be in the right position. That has got car crash written all over it.

It is early yes - but to lose 4 in 7 against fairly average sides is not filling me with confidence. If we're going to concede in almost every game (only 1 clean sheet in 7) we're going to have to score a shit load of goals this season.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Oh FFS! We are NOT "rooted to the bottom in 2 1/2 months time" though are we? We are just 7 games into a 46 game season. Weve played quite well and lost a few, weve played quite well and won a few... Christ - Micky Adams' 2000-01 team started with 3 defeats in 4, and we went on to win the league... Its like flouncing out of a stadium after 10 minutes of a game with us a goal down. Its only September... calm the **** down.

Brighton: P7 W2 D1 L4 F5 A9 .........you have a nice half full glass there. Lets hope it fills up for us all!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Jesus wept.

Support the manager and his team or ****ing do one.

It's September not ****ing April Fools

I support the team at the games and give them my full backing that does not mean however you cant express opinion in the direction we are going on an internet message board etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here