Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think 'the poor friendless UK '(good grief) will get a mutually beneficial trade deal with the US which will be a dam sight better than the EU one that has taken forever and is probably dead in the water. As Trump ia a huge fan of the UK and believes Brexit was the right choice expect ours to be all signed and sealed within 2 years of us leaving.*

[emoji106]

* assuming we all don't die in a thermonuclear fireball
I think you are overestimating the Donald. Any deal would have to be heavily leveraged in favour of The USA or he will quickly accused of betraying his election " manifesto ". The Ego has landed and we should all be afraid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
it wasnt a lecture, just an observation that there are obviously some who wish to overturn the result and remain in The EU by any means.......namely the weasels.
are you a weasel or are you in the camp we should leave the EU (as per the democratic vote) and secure the best possible deal in negotiations as to our future relationship?

It's the "best possible deal" bit which the leavers seem to have an issue with though. This hasn't been discussed, or more importantly, voted on at any level whatsoever. Given you are so keen on democracy what do you propose?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you are so sure it is what the people want, and it wasn't an aberration caused by protest voters and the apathy of people sure that remain would win anyway, why do you fear a second referendum so much?

We can't afford a second referendum,as we're bankrupt according to you lot.???

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Of course. Will have to watch from home as having an Operation tomorrow then 4-6 weeks recovery so missing a fair few game's

Good luck with the op.Hope you've got a nice nurse to see to your every need!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I think 'the poor friendless UK '(good grief) will get a mutually beneficial trade deal with the US which will be a dam sight better than the EU one that has taken forever and is probably dead in the water. As Trump ia a huge fan of the UK and believes Brexit was the right choice expect ours to be all signed and sealed within 2 years of us leaving.*

:thumbsup:

Now there's a question.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Now we have President Trump, committed to making America "great again " and creating more jobs in America than any other President in history ...... and first on the list now is the poor friendless UK . Given Mr Trumps idea of how to make a good deal what do you think is going to happen to us ? ....

Poor,friendless UK?Seems like all our Commonwealth people don't agree with you.2.5 billion of them at the last count.How many in the EU after we leave?Hardly Billy-no-mates.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's the "best possible deal" bit which the leavers seem to have an issue with though. This hasn't been discussed, or more importantly, voted on at any level whatsoever. Given you are so keen on democracy what do you propose?

I propose we wait and see what happens during the negotiations, we have voted to end free movement, end the supremacy of The ECJ, end being members of the single market and the customs union. The EU can chew over that whilst they are wondering what to do with us.
You cant vote beforehand on the proposed outcome of a series of negotiations either..... that is absurd.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think things will get really interesting after Friday.Think El Pres will clean out the swamp very quickly-doesn't seem a great fan of any time-wasting government hacks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I propose we wait and see what happens during the negotiations, we have voted to end free movement, end the supremacy of The ECJ, end being members of the single market and the customs union. The EU can chew over that whilst they are wondering what to do with us.
You cant vote beforehand on the proposed outcome of a series of negotiations either..... that is absurd.

Now you're moving the goal-posts. You voted to leave the EU, nothing more and nothing less. There are many levels to achieve this from the EAA model down to the hard-Brexit.

And you can certainly vote on the type of exit the UK and the EU agree....but I think you know this.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
it wasnt a lecture, just an observation that there are obviously some who wish to overturn the result and remain in The EU by any means.......namely the weasels.
are you a weasel or are you in the camp we should leave the EU (as per the democratic vote) and secure the best possible deal in negotiations as to our future relationship?

Just because the thread title has changed it doesn't mean you HAVE to name-call. I accept that it would be difficult for you and Pretty Pink Fairy to stop after all this time so carry on if it makes you happy.

(By the way, I think the Brexit definition of democracy is wrong but in any case I won't listen to lectures on democracy from anyone who contentedly goes along with Britain's longstanding and reality-warping FPP voting system. This might not apply to you but I suspect it applies to a whole lot of Brexiteers on here.)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Poor,friendless UK?Seems like all our Commonwealth people don't agree with you.2.5 billion of them at the last count.How many in the EU after we leave?Hardly Billy-no-mates.

Well let's hope the people of Botswana are gagging to buy our stuff. Meanwhile, I read somewhere that the Australian government has said that a trade deal with the EU is a much greater priority than one with the UK. You can kind of understand why.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

:thumbsup:

2 years? The way Trump operates you could have a trade deal agreed in seconds via Twitter.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just because the thread title has changed it doesn't mean you HAVE to name-call. I accept that it would be difficult for you and Pretty Pink Fairy to stop after all this time so carry on if it makes you happy.

(By the way, I think the Brexit definition of democracy is wrong but in any case I won't listen to lectures on democracy from anyone who contentedly goes along with Britain's longstanding and reality-warping FPP voting system. This might not apply to you but I suspect it applies to a whole lot of Brexiteers on here.)

First past the post Brexit would look like this
https://www.quora.com/If-referendum...st-the-post-sytem-would-Brexit-still-have-won
67.7% for Leave (i am confused).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Now you're moving the goal-posts. You voted to leave the EU, nothing more and nothing less. There are many levels to achieve this from the EAA model down to the hard-Brexit.

And you can certainly vote on the type of exit the UK and the EU agree....but I think you know this.

another pointless exercise,vote down the exit plan then its back to the drawing board, vote down the next exit plain then its back to the drawing board again......until time runs out then its OUT with no negotiated framework for any future relationship at all.....this does seem to be the aim of the remain side for some bizarre reason.

i know there is no such thing as a "hard " brexit
that is just another lie invented by the moaners after the vote to continue the lies they are pushing to the public.....none off you have the balls to admit it even though the rest of us can see right through it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here