Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quirky things that you like about Football.

Jan 30, 2008
Throwing stuff out of train windows and letting fire extinguishers off in the carriage ................ People climbing out of the windows ???
regards
DR

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
No, m'lord, it was definitely the squirrel. Nathan Jones could only run diagonally to the corner flag.

I think you'll find that it was actually Nathan Jones' hair, that had temporarily gotten loose and was making a break for freedom!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not strictly an old ground but to this day the flag pole on top of the Kop at Anfield that caries the Liverpool club crest is the flag pole from the Isambard Kingdom Brunel ship The Great Eastern.

I read that too quickly and saw 'Islamabad'. The zeitgeist has warped my tiny mind :facepalm::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The ironic cheers from the home support when the opposition sky a shot.
Doesn't happen really in the Spanish leagues. Don't know why?

The Spanish, like the Germans don't do irony?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
More like up a farm track with the ground on one side and a field of cows on the other.
Quirky weather there - snow at half-time in April!

Yes, getting it mixed up with Watford. It's the field of cows you have to walk through I think!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No, m'lord, it was definitely the squirrel. Nathan Jones could only run diagonally to the corner flag.

With a couple of step overs on the way, of course...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
- the crowd whistling to remind the referee he has a whistle and he needs to blow it
- "we forgot that you were 'ere"
- how goalkeepers celebrate when their team scores
- managers gesticulating wildly on the touchline. Also managers giving the fourth official a hard time
- managers miming heading a cross in
- when someone in the crowd successfully catches the ball / heads it / gets poleaxed by it
- the frankly perplexing glee with which we celebrate the sight of a seagull wheeling over the north stand. We are by the sea, for goodness sake (well nearly)
- amusing ball boys
- waving cheerio when an opposing player gets sent off

So many more, but those'll do for starters :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here