Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being picky...what little things would you change at The Amex?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just read the whole thread, and the outside toilets are a recurring theme. Given the effort some take to get the stadium it would make sense. Also the point that they are almost actively encouraging people to drink and eat outside the stadium as well now suggests they should put some toilets outside.

One more thing from me. No sponsorship from Watch Religion.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As a matter of interest why do some people think away supporters in North end would be better.
Where it is now gives good access to away coaches

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I wish the rake of the stands was steeper and the crowd closer to the pitch. Would vastly improve the atmosphere.

The rake of a stand doesn't make a difference. Have you been to Wigan?

I prefer it lower as you're closer to the pitch, and more likely to stand, which makes a better atmosphere. When you're on the front row, you're pitch level.

Maybe move the pitch a few yards towards the North Stand, as it annoys me that it looks like there is too much space between the goal and fans, although that would put the tunnel and cameras out of place.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Despite what a lot of Nsc says, not everybody in the North stand actually stands. If you get seats in N1G or N1F (nearer the east stand) you will be able to sit throughout the game and see everything.

Thanks for that info, I will certainly try this area before deciding I cant make those steps anymore and stop going. And if it is OK I will see if my family would consider transferring with me, as I believe this area has the same pricing as WSU wings.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks for that info, I will certainly try this area before deciding I cant make those steps anymore and stop going. And if it is OK I will see if my family would consider transferring with me, as I believe this area has the same pricing as WSU wings.

Check the rows from O down to A. I'm sure you'll find something. I'm like you, cannot manage the steps, standing throughout the game and need a cheap option.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I would like to see the metal railings at the bottom of the flights of stairs replaced with something transparent. I have one of the few seats in the ground with a very slightly restricted view and have to bob up and down like a muppet every time the ball goes down into the northwest corner.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Check the rows from O down to A. I'm sure you'll find something. I'm like you, cannot manage the steps, standing throughout the game and need a cheap option.

By happy chance, the 'cheap option' also allows you to get up close and personal with the Bruno/Knocky magic at the business end of the pitch to have a ringside seat for the 90% of goals that we ALWAYS score in the North Stand goal in the second half. Wouldn't swap that for anywhere else in the stadium to be honest, irrespective of the price.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Well that was already over five years ago now. Will the same reasoning be trotted out in ten years time? Twenty? Can see this becoming a real issue for the club a few years down the line, as large numbers of WSU STHs start to reach the age where that set of stairs becomes less and less manageable. Hopefully there's been some thought given to this, because it would be a real shame if large numbers of people were no longer able to enjoy their day out at the Amex because they're not as steady on their feet as they once were.

This is not an issue for the club to resolve, it is an issue for the people who have purchased seats that they find it difficult or impossible to get to.
These sort of decisions happen throughout life as personal circumstances change. When you get on a bus, if you can't climb the stairs sit downstairs.

Perfectly expect to get flamed for being insensitive. Live and adapt, you do it with everything else in life.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is not an issue for the club to resolve, it is an issue for the people who have purchased seats that they find it difficult or impossible to get to.
These sort of decisions happen throughout life as personal circumstances change. When you get on a bus, if you can't climb the stairs sit downstairs.

Perfectly expect to get flamed for being insensitive. Live and adapt, you do it with everything else in life.

Not going to flame you. But that's a wicked set of stairs, whether you're old or overweight or got asthma or the flu or had a recent hip replacement or just done your knee in over the weekend. There's, what, 12,000 people up there? Significant percentage of them are going to have access problems and probably sooner rather than later.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not going to flame you. But that's a wicked set of stairs, whether you're old or overweight or got asthma or the flu or had a recent hip replacement or just done your knee in over the weekend. There's, what, 12,000 people up there? Significant percentage of them are going to have access problems and probably sooner rather than later.

You've probably worked this out already, but the stairs at the south end of WSU are about 2/3rds of the north end (enough to make a significant difference for some people).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Other grounds such as Wolves and Newcastle have working lifts for fans. There are lifts to the WSU, but fans aren't allowed to use them.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005

It's a personal choice. No-one is committing them to have to go up there for the rest of. Find a seat where they can manage. I, you, we all do this all the time, adjust.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you're only their to take a piss and possibly push one round the s bend:shrug:
regards
DR

Other stands toilets are tiled and finished to a decent standard. Are you telling me your toilet at home is like a factory broom cupboard? After all, you're only there for your body functions.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Other grounds such as Wolves and Newcastle have working lifts for fans. There are lifts to the WSU, but fans aren't allowed to use them.

And what do the fans do when the lifts aren't working due to breakdown or worse ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a personal choice. No-one is committing them to have to go up there for the rest of. Find a seat where they can manage. I, you, we all do this all the time, adjust.

How does that work in a near-enough full stadium? Join the waiting list for a seat in the North? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here