Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our friends up the road...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully Clement will have a positive effect on the Swansea lads, but this looks as easy a three points as you can get in the PL for palace. That said, if Swans can hold out for 20/30 minutes you can't help but think that the crowd will start getting a bit jittery, this is a big 6 pointer after all.

Come on the Swans.

client-logo-swansea-football-club.png

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My other half has gone up to the game (Swansea fan). I did briefly contemplate joining him, but then remembered just in time that (1) it would mean giving money to Palace, (2) Selhurst is still an utter, utter hovel, (3) it's freezing, and (4) Swansea are SO bad these days that even Palace will beat them with some comfort. I really didn't want to be present while they celebrated their 4th (FOURTH) League win in just over twelve months.

Even the Welshman thinks his team will get turned over, Clement or no Clement. An abysmal 0-0 draw would probably suit the Swans fine.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Been watching the game. Swansea should be winning and have had a lot of the ball. Thing is Big sam will be happy with them soaking up the pressure

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hopefully Clement will have a positive effect on the Swansea lads, but this looks as easy a three points as you can get in the PL for palace. That said, if Swans can hold out for 20/30 minutes you can't help but think that the crowd will start getting a bit jittery, this is a big 6 pointer after all.

Come on the Swans.

client-logo-swansea-football-club.png

Well, the Swans have not just held for 30 but seem to have the upper hand. Its a massive game alright. If Croydon win, the bottom 3 will be cut adrift.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well I am really enjoying my Premier league this season and most of my teams have done well, but looking at the next five games I might not be so happy and I could drop a few points. My teams are:

Swansea Tues 3 Jan
West Ham Sat 14 Jan
Everton Sat 21 Jan
Bournemouth Tues 31 Jan
Sunderland Sat 4 Feb

Looking on the bright side, if I come through those games losing around 4 points my season could be heading for very memorable.

Onwards and upwards, I am having a great Premier League season. My next support turns to West Ham and I think the memorable season could be on boys and girls:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Our friends up the road are starting to panic a little now, not about themselves but us!!

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=13404559

I liked the comment from one of the goons on there: "The thought of them getting more money on top of their bought promotion makes me physically sick".
I'm pretty sure there are countless ripped off suppliers thinking exactly the same about them. What a loathsome outfit they are.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I liked the comment from one of the goons on there: "The thought of them getting more money on top of their bought promotion makes me physically sick".
I'm pretty sure there are countless ripped off suppliers thinking exactly the same about them. What a loathsome outfit they are.

Here we go. The "bought promotion" is going to become the official line from the Nigels. Shows a wonderful lack of understanding of the niceties of FFP and the relatively meagre amount spent on our signings relative to those that actually did make it up last year. Also seems a bit rich coming from a supporter of team boasting a £32 million pound striker (whose value is plummeting admittedly).

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Two administrations would imply an entirely bought existence. And Palace were losing money when they "bought" their only promotion. The Swissramble article of CPFC2010's accounts http://http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/crystal-palace-ill-fly-for-you.html shows that the only reason they are making a profit is TV revenue.

In the Championship with the uneven financial structure of parachute payments compared to TV revenue, clubs without a parachute can only compete by borrowing, essentially against future PL revenue. CPFC2010 supporters can be as smug as they like but have done just that.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Big Sam will soon turn it around, that squad is seriously under-performing and you know it.

The last couple of weeks sackings have made the Premier League relegation battle very interesting. We all know that employing the right manager at this point in the season can turn things around, as Hughton proved two years ago.First Palace, then Swansea and now Hull have or are turning to new managers to save them, the exception being Sunderland who I feel have the right manager and several players who are experienced in a relegation scrap. Depending on who Hull appoint, I would not like to put money on which of these clubs will haul themselves to safety. The only thing I would say is the Palace do appear not to be able to buy a point at the moment, Well certainly not at a penny in pound.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The last couple of weeks sackings have made the Premier League relegation battle very interesting. We all know that employing the right manager at this point in the season can turn things around, as Hughton proved two years ago.First Palace, then Swansea and now Hull have or are turning to new managers to save them, the exception being Sunderland who I feel have the right manager and several players who are experienced in a relegation scrap. Depending on who Hull appoint, I would not like to put money on which of these clubs will haul themselves to safety. The only thing I would say is the Palace do appear not to be able to buy a point at the moment, Well certainly not at a penny in pound.

They are turning into a cliche of how it can go so very wrong in the PL. The players just seem to be taking the money and waiting for Fat Sam to wave a magic wand/wallet. Dire times indeed for the caravan dwellers :lol:. I'm torn between hoping we pass them as we go up, (#KeepTheFaith) or meeting them in the PL, which would be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here