Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I'm sure it will take more than a year but to be more in control of our borders , our own destiny like years ago when Great Britain was the one country everybody looked up to there is nothing great about this country the way we are going . As I said it might be the biggest mistake marked on a ballot paper I've ever done but for me it's worth taking a chance I'm sure the next few months will be rocky ask me next year . Why were you happy to keep going as we were ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No not at all, those are the facts, go into any business meeting with that stacked under your arm, you do not come out not with a deal that you dont want you just dont.

The only other outcome would be the EU to be unbelievably stupid and us imposing similar trade restraints, that would be a lose lose outcome, effecting not only our own business and employees but theirs too, we are a big hitter in this one.

There is another part to this, if you genuinely believe this is how the EU club acts towards British voters, begs the question why did it take so long to leave this toxic club ??

The club has rules, you want free trade, you have free movement of labour, you contribute financially to the club and you can only sell product that meets its criteria. These are cornerstone policies. We are a big hitter, by leaving the E.U. we make it weaker, but we are not so big we can't be taken down a peg or two. The survival of the E.U. will be more dependant on others remaining than maintaining level of trade with us.

In football terms, our love for Knocky may diminish somewhat if he throws a paddy, refuses to play and asks to be transfer listed, because he thinks he has better prospects elsewhere. It may hurt us financially short term to leave him sitting in the reserves for the majority of his remaining contract, but it might prevent Skalak and Dunk doing the same thing, and so ultimately getting the message out that the tail does not wag the dog.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
To be honest I'm pretty grouchy about the result as I only see it as a losing situation, I probably shouldn't be commenting at the moment, especially here, I come here for the football not politics. However, I will say that I'm not talking about TV prior to the referendum, at that point it was a shower, with an awful lot of twaddle from all sides. I'm talking about the news since Friday morning. It's really not been bright and I'm really struggling to see how the leave voters are so happy. It's infuriating to see all this bad news on our economy and prospects, only to see a leave voter smug because "we got our country back" or some such soundbite.

I'm not only talking about British news here either. Globally people are looking in at the situation and thinking the same thing. The damage to our economy is plane for everyone to see. Pound crashing, trillions gone from the economy, which by the way should now be the third biggest in Europe seeing how France overtook us since the crash after the vote and people looking in bewildered at what we've done. I'm not a huge nationalist to be fair, but even I'm sore when I read news and speak to my international friends and everyone is asking the same thing "what have you done this for?". I'm with them frankly, it's turkeys voting for Christmas as far as I can see.

Granted it could all be short term problems, but I'm just not a fan of self harm, it's that simple. I suppose the difference between me and the common leave voter would be that the reasons for all this self harm were trivial to me and I was more interested in the route of attempting to fix the EU from the inside rather than sack it off. I just really see no plus points right now and it's bewildering the level of denial from the leave camp. You really don't feel any concern at the state of the pound at least? Short term or not, that's a very easy fact to see and I'd have thought must give some concern?

Sadly, you cannot fix the EU from the inside.
Farage was right and I can back him up ( with experience ) The organisation is rotten to the core. With power comes corruption and it is rife within the EU. The level of waste is staggeringly huge and there is no accountability. No internal fiscal control. They cannot sign off any set of accounts, therefore they are operating illegally. It is the most corrupt body on the face of the Earth and yet millions in this country glibly choose to ignore this and pursue some sort of Utopian dream.
My vote on Thursday was a vote for honesty, visibility, transparency and self-control. Its another matter if our own politicians waste money. We vote them in and we can vote them out again. We have some sort of control unlike this runaway black hole.
The EU is out of control. Eventually, it will eat itself and the dream will be over. All the member states will revert back to independency and all will continue to trade happily with each other. After all, business is business.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Lawro ignore two professors i am currently serving and have done close to 20 yrs at sea and voted leave but i would never question anyones patriotism, especially those that have served. Happy Armed Forces Day everyone.

Yeah,I was a soldier,did active service in Ulster and Oman.Happy Armed Forces Day to you,too.I just try to wake up some of the smug idiots on here who think they know it all.I was only malicious in Ulster,or so I was told most days!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
One of my reasons to vote leave is this-why does it seem to be deemed necessary to have migrant workers do menial tasks that our citizens wont?

I want to address the reasons behind why we have to have 'migrant workers in the first place for such jobs-sorry but I don't buy the English won't do jobs.....further my vote leave does not accept either.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Thank you for your reply. I understand you are disappointed with the result. There are quite a few posts on here from Remainers who seem to be possessed of a 'truth' and they sound like members of a religious cult. Quite alarming. If I misinterpreted you I apologise.
Regarding your analysis of market moves since Thursday the answer to your question is that no I am not particularly concerned. The pound has weakened and this is bad for imports/inflation but it is extremely good for our export industries. There is a devaluation competition happening globally (particularly in Asia) as countries try to kickstart their export industries and it could be argued that we have got ahead of this process. Trillions have not gone from the economy. The stock market is higher than last summer and the 'hot money' that travels around the world looking for arbitrage trading opportunities makes money for its speculative owners but plays no part in the real economy.
I am also not a nationalist but I do not want a society to be built upon the values of the owners of capital. People are not a commodity to be used as cheap labour to generate profit. The economy within the EU is designed to increase inequality and since the vote I have become very optimistic about the future. This is my view. I accept I may be wrong as I don't possess some sort of 'truth'. I believe in democracy. I suppose my alarm comes from a realization that many other people do not wish to debate. They would rather impose their view on me based upon some sort of defect I may have on the basis of my intelligence, age, perceived racism or whatever other criteria. Scary.

Top post chap.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
On a positive note i managed to persuade my welsh kids to support the albion.

That's wrong.....personally i'd be happy if they supported a Welsh team..(but hey well done anyway) like Brexit they will revolt I suspect one day :lolol:

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Sadly, you cannot fix the EU from the inside.
Farage was right and I can back him up ( with experience ) The organisation is rotten to the core. With power comes corruption and it is rife within the EU. The level of waste is staggeringly huge and there is no accountability. No internal fiscal control. They cannot sign off any set of accounts, therefore they are operating illegally. It is the most corrupt body on the face of the Earth and yet millions in this country glibly choose to ignore this and pursue some sort of Utopian dream.
My vote on Thursday was a vote for honesty, visibility, transparency and self-control. Its another matter if our own politicians waste money. We vote them in and we can vote them out again. We have some sort of control unlike this runaway black hole.
The EU is out of control. Eventually, it will eat itself and the dream will be over. All the member states will revert back to independency and all will continue to trade happily with each other. After all, business is business.

Decent post as well. And spot on!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What do you propose we do now to take things forwards I would like to hear you honest unbiased views and whilst I would welcome we are up a creak without a paddle replies , what I am really after is workable solutions.

What is your preferred model Canada Norway or Swiss or New non EU UK?

It's happened and there is no turning back so where do we go from here?

Thank you.
Surely that's for the LEAVE guys to come up with - it's not like you would have all decided on something without having a plan of action beforehand, is it? :whistle:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Surfers, skaters or lodgers?

all three- surfers to patrol the beeches (opps) skaters the streets and lodgers for the watch towers on Hadrians wall..... :lolol:

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
That's wrong.....personally i'd be happy if they supported a Welsh team..(but hey well done anyway) like Brexit they will revolt I suspect one day :lolol:

Too be fair i gave them a choice of cardiff, swansea or brighton if they wanted to go and watch live games with me (possible bribes, but loves her weekends on the southcoast now). There was no way they were going to be allowed to support the mancs, scouse or chelsea like all the kids in school

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
One Brexit clown on here is looking forward to getting rid of dirty 'euro' measures like the kilogram and the meter and bringing back good olde English measures like the pound and the yard.

:ffsparr:

:

It would be civil to have both so the old can understand them, you wonder why they voted out?

O
I heard one guy on channel 4 news last night saying less Muslims would come to the country now we are out of the EU.

:ffsparr:

You want more? You want to be conquered by them?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here