Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Huddersfield

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I can’t see what Stephens would have added to the performance? We lost because we weren’t sharp enough in front of goal despite having several good chances.

Whatever Stephens’ attributes (and I do rate him) he’s really not a playmaker putting in the killer pass or scoring goals.

I thought Kayal was excellent yesterday and brought an attacking mindset to the game that Stephens doesn’t always show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly they might have been shutdown before crossing for the first goal. The second goal really was result of pressing for an equaliser and was totally predictable.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I agree Locadia was the best player on the pitch but he looked shattered in the later stages, he hasn't played 90 minutes for some time. But once he's up to speed and fully fit he's going to be some player.

Murray wasn't having his best game and I would have taken him off and given Hemed 20-25 minutes to make hinself a hero.

Which he probably would have done, with the penalty. He must have been as frustrated as hell sitting on the bench

not sure by Locadia yet , would have liked him to a play nearer to Murray for more of the game and secondly get in the box he seemed everywhere but.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tell me what did Propper do that Kayal didn't .......we lost yesterday and yet predictably you moan about Kayal as you did after the Utd game and have ranted on about on the other Stephens thread ..like i said preciatble

I am not going to knock Kayal as I thought he had a good game but I was really impressed with Propper. He has toughened up and in some ways took on Stephen’s job whilst laying off some really clever balls and showed loads of skill. In fact I was really impressed with most of the interplay, especially in the first half. We looked a really good team for most of the game but the result has shrouded just how good we looked at times. Won’t knock Murray or Bong either, they have both been great this season and have played a big part in where we are, players have days where they don’t play badly but things just don’t come off for them.

The Huddersfield game is already squeaky bum time for me, likely to be a tense afternoon unless we score a couple of early goals.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Kayal had a nothing game as he did nothing wrong but also contributed nothing other than running around this put a large onus on Propper and Gross to produce, which fortunately they did.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190513/Live/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Brighton-Leicester

Kayal touched the ball 37 times. Locadia 30 but far less than anyone else. cf. Murray 47, Bong 83. We needed a goal and the reason why I would have take him off v Leicester is that he does not have a very good scoring record and we needed a goal. If we could not score from open play who was most likely from a set piece?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am not going to knock Kayal as I thought he had a good game but I was really impressed with Propper. He has toughened up and in some ways took on Stephen’s job whilst laying off some really clever balls and showed loads of skill. In fact I was really impressed with most of the interplay, especially in the first half. We looked a really good team for most of the game but the result has shrouded just how good we looked at times. Won’t knock Murray or Bong either, they have both been great this season and have played a big part in where we are, players have days where they don’t play badly but things just don’t come off for them.

The Huddersfield game is already squeaky bum time for me, likely to be a tense afternoon unless we score a couple of early goals.

Yes Propper has adapted well to the English game...stronger in challenges now (has he been booked this season?) and skilful .....and is turning into a bit of a bargain..people have mentioned how we miss DS ..but i wonder if they've thought how we would miss DP.

Huddersfield game! Gawd i'm not even going to think about it until Saturday ..well try not to, the players are bound to be nervous ..but then the pressure is on Huddersfield as much or even more so ...if we win with a flukey goal against the run of play it would even things up

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Locadia is poor in the air and not that strong. He really needs to play off the front striker. He has quick feet and will contribute to build ups and will score. I am not quite sure how he will fit into the team framework. He was certainly not our best player yesterday. How many shots did he have?, how many shots did he have on target ?, how many chances did he make ? He is one really for next season. That is how I see it anyway.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Locadia is poor in the air and not that strong. He really needs to play off the front striker. He has quick feet and will contribute to build ups and will score. I am not quite sure how he will fit into the team framework. He was certainly not our best player yesterday. How many shots did he have?, how many shots did he have on target ?, how many chances did he make ? He is one really for next season. That is how I see it anyway.

His two goals so far were from in the 6 yard box , Yesterday I don't think he got anywhere near it. Not sure why , needed to have played off Murray who in first half won a lot of balls.

I also think we need to get the ball forward a lot quicker a number of times yesterday the forwards were ready to go (and also Schelotto) and yet ball did not get played. Easy for me to say I know but sitting very near halfway in lower part of WSU gives an excellent view of the play.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would expect CH to go with his standard starting 10 with one variant

Ryan

Schelotto Duffy Dunk Bong

xxxxx Proper Stephens Izquierdo

Gross Murray

xxxxx will be one from Locadia, AK or March.

Personally I would rather see Kayal play as I thought he had a great game yesterday and we lost energy when he went off.

AK is suspended.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect CH to go with his standard starting 10 with one variant

Ryan

xxxxx Proper Stephens Izquierdo

Gross Murray

xxxxx will be one from Locadia, AK or March.

Personally I would rather see Kayal play as I thought he had a great game yesterday and we lost energy when he went off.

I would fill those xxxxxxx with Locadia as I thought that his off the ball running into positions, which our players other than Propper and Gross didnt pick up was excellent. If we are struggling to get a goal possibly bring on March wide right and move Locadia in to central striker. He will be revelation next season and I also think that he will get sold for big money during 2019. hopefully not until the summer. If Stephens isnt fit we have no choice other than to play Kayal as we are very low on options for CM.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would fill those xxxxxxx with Locadia as I thought that his off the ball running into positions, which our players other than Propper and Gross didnt pick up was excellent. If we are struggling to get a goal possibly bring on March wide right and move Locadia in to central striker. He will be revelation next season and I also think that he will get sold for big money during 2019. hopefully not until the summer. If Stephens isnt fit we have no choice other than to play Kayal as we are very low on options for CM.

Locadia's got to be worth £25m, so £35m in summer 2019.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan
March Stephens Propper Izquierdo
Gross
Locadia

I wonder if we could swap Gross for March and play Locadia just behind or alongside of Murray to start with in much the Gross role. That would give us an option of 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3. or even 4-4-2 We are reliant on scoring a couple of goals against Huddersfield and Duffy and Dunk stopping their strikers. Our midfield could get overun by Mooy and Pritchard.getting forawrd.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wonder if we could swap Gross for March and play Locadia just behind or alongside of Murray to start with in much the Gross role. That would give us an option of 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-3. or even 4-4-2 We are reliant on scoring a couple of goals against Huddersfield and Duffy and Dunk stopping their strikers. Our midfield could get overun by Mooy and Pritchard.getting forawrd.

Good idea. Move Gross from where he has been one of the best providers in the whole division and replace him with someone who has started one game [emoji849][emoji849]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking at our other fixtures, this is obviously the most winnable game.

To lose would make our final 9 PL results quite possibly LLLLLLLLL. If a team stayed up with that shite final form, that would be some kind of record.

Irrational I know, but on that basis, I see us getting a result against Hudd.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tell me what did Propper do that Kayal didn't .......we lost yesterday and yet predictably you moan about Kayal as you did after the Utd game and have ranted on about on the other Stephens thread ..like i said preciatble

Thought Propper was the best player on the pitch, literally controlled the game.

Kayal was fine, but was culpable for the goal along with Bong, after his piss poor challenge, prior to the cross going in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looking at our other fixtures, this is obviously the most winnable game.

To lose would make our final 9 PL results quite possibly LLLLLLLLL. If a team stayed up with that shite final form, that would be some kind of record.

Irrational I know, but on that basis, I see us getting a result against Hudd.

I do hope you’re right.

I fancy us to at least draw against Utd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here