Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memories of Being a Kid - #Nostalgia Alert

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
When the fair turned up at Buckingham Park my best mate at the time and I would sneak out of our houses super early in the morning and watch them set up. They would give us little jobs to do and considering we were about 7 when we started, they paid us very generously.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Mr Blobby making it to Xmas number 1.

Gladiators being the most popular thing on national tv.

Watching Baywatch completely oblivious to the massive tits and very revealing swimwear on show.

Big Breakfast

TFI Friday

£2.50 to get into the Goldstone.

The Davis & Tate cricket tournament played within the Preston Park Velodrome.

Funhouse.

Playing manhunt in Virgin Megastores, Western rd, after school.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mr Blobby making it to Xmas number 1.

Gladiators being the most popular thing on national tv.

Watching Baywatch completely oblivious to the massive tits and very revealing swimwear on show.

Big Breakfast

TFI Friday

£2.50 to get into the Goldstone.

The Davis & Tate cricket tournament played within the Preston Park Velodrome.

Funhouse.

Playing manhunt in Virgin Megastores, Western rd, after school.

that is no way to talk about David Hasselhoff

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Black jacks and fruit salads. 1/2 penny each.

You`re younger than me then ...The small ones used to be 8 for a penny late sixties/early seventies !! Believe they were four for an old penny and then eight for a newpenny after decimilisation.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Eel Bobbing , ( large ball of wool soaked in liver blood dangled into the water ) the eels would attack the wool and their small needle like teeth snagged in the wool , i think we used to get thruppence for the big ones and a penny for the smaller ones .

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
School lunchtimes in the North Stand with my mates from Neville (Blatchington Mill) and a bag of chips from Speros' chippy in Sackville Rd. Paper rounds in the pissing rain, Saturday Butcher/Greengrocers deliveries on a cast iron bike with a tiny front wheel, huge basket on the front and dodgy breaks, death trap. Phone boxes/urinals, that bit of graffiti on Adelaide Crescent seafront that said ' Mourn Kieth Moon the king of the skins is dead'. Took about 10 years of painting over before that disappeared completely. Suzuki AP 50's, 10 Benno's, Skol lager and a local bobby to take the piss out of. Ours was PC Pratt :lolol:
Best days of my life.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
On a piss poor day like today it had to be endless games of Super Striker. The one where you pressed down on the head of the player on a firm foam football pitch base. Wish I still had it even at my age...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
On a piss poor day like today it had to be endless games of Super Striker. The one where you pressed down on the head of the player on a firm foam football pitch base. Wish I still had it even at my age...

Only had the bog standard Striker, was the Super with diving 'keepers? Broke the head off of my favourite player 'Thunderbolt Boots' with a slightly over zealous smash on his bonce.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Only had the bog standard Striker, was the Super with diving 'keepers? Broke the head off of my favourite player 'Thunderbolt Boots' with a slightly over zealous smash on his bonce.

Yep. Thunderbolt was clearly going for a top corner screamer. No doubt in the post match interview you went into "Albion Black Ops" mode and passed it off as a mere "Training Ground Knock" requiring just a week out...

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
sudden memory of a chocolate bar my dad used to buy me, it was like actual chocolates (as in box of) but a bar .... can't remember what it was and I know it sounds made up ...[/QUOTE

Milk tray bar.

Who went to Shiverers at King Alfred?

Do you mean this one?

Fry.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll stick with under age 6....

First day back at school in September and the pavements were always frosty.

The winter of 62, walking to Rottingdene village to buy milk and bread (with my dad - a bit cruel to send a 4 year old out on his own in *that* snow).

The Navy lark

Muriel Young

Clear soup

(later) playing football in Easthill park until it got dark

Rupert annuals

Smith's crisps, soon to be replaced by Golden Wonder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here