Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

YODEL... anyone had an on time delivery?

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Ordered astro shoes on Wednesday and paid for next day delivery with sports direct... Yodel received the item on Wednesday 19th evening as you could track it from then onwards.. stating it was out for delivery on the 20th...

Nothing arrived, nor today, so spoke to someone who said they would deliver tonight up to 9pm for sure... but nothings come.:nono:

Plus now when I track on-line it says it was delivered at 7pm and the signatory was 'Som' !!:flameboun

I thought it was DHL or similar and whats now 'YODEL' bought them out... Just seems from my experience that there's always a load of BS when i speak to them, forgetting to put my package on the van or that the van had broken down...

I also ordered a camera a while back and yodel didn't deliver over a week past the shipping date...even though they collected it, out for delivery one day after ordering from amazon... they had to send another camera with another courier and reclaim the original packet themselves as it was taking so long sorting out the lies of where my packet was..

Sorry to moan but cant see them now delivering on a Saturday am!!
btw If your 'Som' and some new astros and golf balls have turned up...:facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
YODEL deliver Saturdays and Sundays I think as I have seen their vans about and a neighbor delivered for them in her car for a while. She packed it in because somedays she didn't get her load until after 12 noon and had deliveries that were due for am delivery.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They have always been fine with me (so far), even delivering at 8.00pm on a weekday night which meant I didn't need to take a day off work specially - however if they need a signature you might need to be there - I don't know what their policy is on leaving stuff with neighbours.

Think you might be unlucky - or somebody is ripping off your parcels.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my wife's friends delivers for a courier company in her car and says that more and more companies are demanding a signature for goods rather than her just leaving the parcel.

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Yeah, very frustrating paying for quick delivery or AM delivery as you say and nothing comes.. just ruins the day hanging around. I'm not surprised she packed it in, I'l see what the driver says when it eventually comes.. i'm sure they must get alot of stick from angry customers - it shouldn't but i'm sure it reflects back to Amazon/Sports direct etc when they do this..

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Ordered astro shoes on Wednesday and paid for next day delivery with sports direct... Yodel received the item on Wednesday 19th evening as you could track it from then onwards.. stating it was out for delivery on the 20th...

Nothing arrived, nor today, so spoke to someone who said they would deliver tonight up to 9pm for sure... but nothings come.:nono:

Plus now when I track on-line it says it was delivered at 7pm and the signatory was 'Som' !!:flameboun

I thought it was DHL or similar and whats now 'YODEL' bought them out... Just seems from my experience that there's always a load of BS when i speak to them, forgetting to put my package on the van or that the van had broken down...

I also ordered a camera a while back and yodel didn't deliver over a week past the shipping date...even though they collected it, out for delivery one day after ordering from amazon... they had to send another camera with another courier and reclaim the original packet themselves as it was taking so long sorting out the lies of where my packet was..

Sorry to moan but cant see them now delivering on a Saturday am!!
btw If your 'Som' and some new astros and golf balls have turned up...:facepalm:

Have you looked outside your front door. I have known people to waste the entire day indoors waiting for a knock on the door and the delivery guy has just left it leaning against the front door....probably at 9am.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
One of my wife's friends delivers for a courier company in her car and says that more and more companies are demanding a signature for goods rather than her just leaving the parcel.

Some delivery company's will not leave certain goods with neighbours-door stopping can result in gross misconduct and potential dismissal.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
2 weeks in a row, ordered from Amazon. Goods didn't arrive so I checked their tracking system. Both times the driver had reported that he attempted delivery, nobody home so he left a card. Both times he was lying because I was in all day and no Yodel/HDNL person attempted delivery. A few emails and a couple of phone calls got my Prime subscription extended by 2 months.

Not the first time this has happened. They are effing useless.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Yeah ! a signature which one is supposed to add with a 'stilt' on an 'ice rink' of a surface - What is the point in that ?

I defy anyone to actually create anything remotely resembling their signature under those circumstances.

Just an observation like !

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Yeah ! a signature which one is supposed to add with a 'stilt' on an 'ice rink' of a surface - What is the point in that ?

I defy anyone to actually create anything remotely resembling their signature under those circumstances.

The chap gave me a car key to sign it with the other day at work...

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

The fact if signed means responsibility transfers from the courier company - simples

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Yes, but the point is NO-ONE can actually achieve any sort of 'signature' which would stand up in a court of law.

Plus as I say the signatory is 'Som' my name and the details on the package have nothing to do with that name... how are they allowed to do that without permission? Sometimes you can give special instructions and tick to leave package son the door etc as mentioned but not for this...

Camicus

Yodel deliver all my OU stuff all seems to arrive. But then Im not sure when its supposed to arrive so cant tell if they are efficent or not

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife bought something on line and had a choice of paying for it to b delivered to our home or having it delivered to a local store for her to collect for free. She chose the store, as it was convenient but 3 days running I tracked it and each day it said it had been delivered to the store. Each time the store said that they hadn't received it and to this day some months later it still hasn't arrived. Wife did get her money back from the company though but I am not sure which company it was that should have delivered it, could have been Yodel

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
ordered 2 electric radiators and Yodel threw them over the side gate (6ft high)
When I rang them to complain they were adament they hadn't been delivered and gave me a refund .
I repaired the dented radiators , not bad for a freebee.
and people have the front to moan about Royal Mail.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not just delivery, collections are a problem. I had to return a faulty monitor to Amazon, and Yodel failed to turn up three days in a row. Finally, a guy arrived in a private car at 7:30pm on the third day, after we complained to Amazon yet again. And HE was moaning about the van drivers being hopeless!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not just delivery, collections are a problem. I had to return a faulty monitor to Amazon, and Yodel failed to turn up three days in a row. Finally, a guy arrived in a private car at 7:30pm on the third day, after we complained to Amazon yet again. And HE was moaning about the van drivers being hopeless!

If Amazon arrange collection,it is not the fault of Yodel,they get to you only and when instructed by amazon-

Lost count of the times various company's have sent stuff with the promise it will be assembled or taken into house etc only for a 3rd party courier turn up and deliver and they are only allowed to deliver to the doorstep for insurance purposes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here