Special guest at the meet-up!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am extremely pleased to announce that tomorrow night we will have a special guest at the NSC Summer meet-up.

The special guest is Mike Ward, author of 'Gullhanger'. I'm sure a few of you would like to meet him, to ask about the book and just generally chat about stuff.

Another guest is the Leicester Bitch, but for legal reasons he will be fully dressed and therefore I'm sure the appeal for many will be lost.

Here's to a good night. :drink:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Mike Ward is that guy who used to support Arsenal or something and then switched allegiancesa nd has made money out of the albion. If my memory serves me right he is not in the bracknell's good books.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I must have a word with him about his bit in the book about Portslade 6 aside, when he made some derogatry remarks about some bloke called "Pit-Bull".

Be interesting to hear his explanation

:mad: :censored: :mad:

Gullhanger

Jul 9, 2003
dwayne said:
Mike Ward is that guy who used to support Arsenal or something and then switched allegiancesa nd has made money out of the albion. If my memory serves me right he is not in the bracknell's good books.

MADE money?????!!!!!! You've got to be kidding!!!

The club's received several times the figure I've ever earned from the book - money I've spent on Albion season tickets, sponsorship, the 40-note fund, club dinners, official merchandise etc.

On top of which, for every copy of Gullhanger sold in the Seagulls Shop the club receives more than four times the figure I do. Not that I'm objecting. That's the way these things work.

I know it's easy to assume that people who write books do it for financial gain, but believe me - having a book published independently,as I did, is not the route to riches. It's just a lot of fun.:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
totally agree - it's a quality read and funny as f*** & comes as close to defining what it means to be an Albion fan on the roller-coaster that we seem to permanently be strapped into than just about anything else ever written

(mine's is a pint of Harveys Mike, cheers... :drink: )

dwayne said:
If my memory serves me right he is not in the bracknell's good books.

Eh?

I do have some good books.

Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
The Outsider by Albert Camus
Puckoon by Spike Milligan

are three of them.

And you're right, dwayne .... Mike Ward isn't in them.

But he's never done me any harm.

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports