Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The UK has 16m people that can't put their hands on 100 quid. The poorest will suffer most and already suffering as inflation starts to rise. Don't worry the Tories to the rescue

Proof?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I see [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] has now gone missing after I asked him this question :lolol:

Hi Herr Tubthumper, as you probably realise the Brexiteers are normally on early and late. In the daytime I may pop in, when it is full of Remainers, meanwhile I am working. Hopefully I will be on tonight to give my view on yet another question.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Lively on here today,and it's not even Brexit Day yet.Wonder when the crayons will come out?
150.jpg

:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi Herr Tubthumper, as you probably realise the Brexiteers are normally on early and late. In the daytime I may pop in, when it is full of Remainers, meanwhile I am working. Hopefully I will be on tonight to give my view on yet another question.

I'm waiting

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That seems a good idea. Unfortunately at least one poster on here has said that anyone who suggests such a pause for reflection* is an extremist and undemocratic loon, unless the pause happens AFTER we have actually left the EU. No I don't understand this either. He'll be along in a minute I hope.

*In fairness to the Brexit Ultras, they feel that a Pause for Reflection is undemocratic and extreme only if it involves getting the views of the electorate.

You've already had a pause for reflection,or have you forgotten Gina Miller's circus?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ah Mrs May's favourite saying 'the best possible deal'.

But what exactly is 'the best possible deal'. If all you are offered is no deal then logically no deal becomes 'the best possible deal'

Perhaps rather than rolling out meaningless slogans you could enlighten us with what is the minimum requirement that the UK is aiming for in the discussions with the EU.

i suppose its denial, but what you state as "meaningless" is quite full of meaning. when we leave we will have no more obligation to EU, no freedom of movement, no trade deal etc. the deal is therefore negotiate in as many mutually beneficial agreements as they can. no deal is potentially better than a say deal like Norway, tied to everything in the EU, including trade arrangements dictated by Brussels. one of the key benefits of leaving the EU is the potential to open up trade with the rest of the world. a deal that prohibits that would be difficult to justify (though might be acceptable to many and may not be the priority for most leavers).

on a related note, amusing observation this weekend if the EU did play hard and no trade deal came about, we could end up importing VW, BMWs and Mercs from South Africa.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Disrespectful, or not bowing to terrorism? Are you a defeatist?

I do find people putting their EU posters on the memorial to a dead police officer very disrespectful-disgusting people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Next time you play poker, just make sure you show the other players your hand first, eh?

The future of Britain is now a game of chance? How on earth has Britain got itself into such a mess? Jeez

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Unlikely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here