Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congrats to Oxford Utd

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
You'll be pleased to know a fourth stand is being built.

Good.

So it's only taken you seventeen years? Great support at Barnet in March but take away Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe then you'll struggle next season.

Oh, and I hope your police dogs are ready for Millwall again. :D

Nov 27, 2009
That Oxford fan reacting oh my god, Withdean had a capacity of nowwhere near 20,000 lol, we also had come from playing at Gillingham for years and it was a awful stadium at Withdean, hardly a great day out, but we used to sell out quite a bit and got good support, remember capacity attendences also depend on away support which wasnt much as again Withdean wasnt a great day out.
Also i like oxford but how can you compare championship 3rd place to league 2, its worlds apart, we a bigger club than a lot of teams and we will only get bigger and we been very consistent since moved back into championship playoffs 85% of time.
Also when you get a new stadium you get new support but no team has had such rubbish times as us eg not playing in Brighton for years and no stadium owned and losing millions a year renting out Withdean.
But people keep getting jealous of us as a club, yes we have some right numptys supporting our club as all do, in regard to the game yesterday Stephens should never have been sent off and at that stage we was bossing the game, yes didnt create many chances but was only one winner in the game if had 11 on pitch.

I fully respect your point, and in all serious, went to the Goldstone a lot, having lived close by for many years.
But that is exactly my point, bha fans seem to think the world owes them, but there have been many clubs in dire situations and some far worse. Halifax, Chester both went out of business. My club was fleeced by a former chairman, and I remember jangling buckets before matches at the Manor Ground to play the players wages. We were potentially homeless at one point. Look what happened to Wimbledon.

If they are not glory hunters, where were the extra 20,000 fans at Withdean, that came out of the woodwork when the stadium was built?
True supporters would be there through the good and bad times, yet Withdean rarely met it's capacity of around 8.000.

Also i like oxford but how can you compare championship 3rd place to league 2, its worlds apart....You can only play the opposition in front of you, its economies of size, you go into the next league, you play more difficult teams. Therefore it's all relative, as it was for you when bha came up through the leagues recently.

Nov 27, 2009
Good.

So it's only taken you seventeen years? Great support at Barnet in March but take away Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe then you'll struggle next season.

Oh, and I hope your police dogs are ready for Millwall again. :D

You refer to the Millwall game as if you know of events before and after. Therefore you would know the police dogs weren't needed, we easily gave as good as we got.
We could have sold double that to Barnet, but their lego ground is tiny.
Oh and if you were that observant you would know both those two were injured during the last few games, so Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe ere didn't play a huge part in the final push for automatic promotion. Miss them? Nah.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I fully respect your point, and in all serious, went to the Goldstone a lot, having lived close by for many years.
But that is exactly my point, bha fans seem to think the world owes them, but there have been many clubs in dire situations and some far worse. Halifax, Chester both went out of business. My club was fleeced by a former chairman, and I remember jangling buckets before matches at the Manor Ground to play the players wages. We were potentially homeless at one point. Look what happened to Wimbledon.

If they are not glory hunters, where were the extra 20,000 fans at Withdean, that came out of the woodwork when the stadium was built?
True supporters would be there through the good and bad times, yet Withdean rarely met it's capacity of around 8.000.

Also i like oxford but how can you compare championship 3rd place to league 2, its worlds apart....You can only play the opposition in front of you, its economies of size, you go into the next league, you play more difficult teams. Therefore it's all relative, as it was for you when bha came up through the leagues recently.

Withdean was sold out many times.
You do realise the capacity wasn't 8,000 when BHA first came to Withdean it was around 6,000 and always sold out.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Err, sorry you miss the point of the post muppet or whatever your name is....Mind you Newhaven:dunce:....anyway.

I had previously said that you rarely got more that 6-7,000 at the Withdean, and couldn't fill the 8,000 capacity.
I got told I was wrong, so I corrected my post to say it held 20,000, as per the fantasy world of bha fans.

You seem to be dodging any posts of merit quite decisively. Your ironic original question was actually 'Where were the 20,000 when you were at withdean?'

There are a plethora of reasons why the converted athletics track we were renting was only at 80-90% cap, including but not limited to away fan allocation (they don't turn up at the Amex let alone withdean due to location) and the fact that some seating was utterly atrocious to watch a football match in, worse than any ground I have been to. You are also quoting the extended capacity, and you lack the common sense to realise if there wasn't the significant demand from a massive fanbase then we wouldn't have built a 30,000 seater. In fact we underestimated demand as the Amex was extended ahead of schedule.

You would serve yourself better to quote the failing Goldstone attendances during our plight than to keep clinging to the withdean era. But then you're an ignorant **** so can't expect any legitimate rationale.

Jan 30, 2008
You refer to the Millwall game as if you know of events before and after. Therefore you would know the police dogs weren't needed, we easily gave as good as we got.
We could have sold double that to Barnet, but their lego ground is tiny.
Oh and if you were that observant you would know both those two were injured during the last few games, so Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe ere didn't play a huge part in the final push for automatic promotion. Miss them? Nah.
hello Craig :wave:
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well done to Oxford.

Clearly [MENTION=15143]dreaming spires[/MENTION] is a bit of a fool, but equally we have own fools ready to slag off other clubs and call them tin pot. I always find that odd. Wish 'em well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Congratulations [MENTION=15143]dreaming spires[/MENTION] on achieving the dream of third place in the pantheon of giants that is League Two.
I'm sure your condescending bollocks is indeed correct and we would have put in our place by Newport County, Accrington, Dagenham & Redbridge, Morecambe, York, Crawley etc etc. What a glorious accomplishment to best clubs of that magnitude.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
TBH, Oxford are not that tinpot, having played in the top flight more recently than us. That said, winding up fans from other clubs is proof that you are a tinpot FAN [MENTION=15143]dreaming spires[/MENTION]

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Err, sorry you miss the point of the post muppet or whatever your name is....Mind you Newhaven:dunce:....anyway.

I had previously said that you rarely got more that 6-7,000 at the Withdean, and couldn't fill the 8,000 capacity.
I got told I was wrong, so I corrected my post to say it held 20,000, as per the fantasy world of bha fans.

Erm Newhaven what....?
Not I got the point completely. You're still a tedious retard, I get it loud and clear.

And it's just Withdean, no need for "the".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here