Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wooooha, you are not saying someone that you or I might think of as moral and has no religious inclination must of somehow gleaned this from religion but just chooses not to acknowledge it ...... ?

No, I am not saying that at all. I don't believe that, have never said it and do not wish to imply it at all. Common Humanity is what it is down to.

I was actually saying that plenty of people I know who are atheists or agnostics live their lives and conduct themselves a deal closer to what Jesus would have valued than many who grace Sunday morning acts of worship.

Was Jesus a communist - discuss!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I do also think that Jesus was also stating the obvious, he just phrased it really well. I don't think Christianity can monopolise a natural instinct which is what religions do. I believe this is called empathy which most primates are capable of.

And talking of primates, and to emphasise your point, there was a case many years ago at Jersey Zoo where a man fell into the Gorilla enclosure - a large green space surrounded by a very high wall. He sustained serious head injuries. One of the huge silverback gorillas went over to him and cradled his head gently in his arms until the emergency services arrived.

It was wonderful to see, but I bet they had to see him off, sedate him or whatever before the ambulance crew arrived,

Edit = sorry - it was a 5 year old boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-CMxMv34_A

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No, I am not saying that at all. I don't believe that, have never said it and do not wish to imply it at all. Common Humanity is what it is down to.

I was actually saying that plenty of people I know who are atheists or agnostics live their lives and conduct themselves a deal closer to what Jesus would have valued than many who grace Sunday morning acts of worship.

Was Jesus a communist - discuss!

Aaaah ok, I see.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And talking of primates, and to emphasise your point, there was a case many years ago at Jersey Zoo where a man fell into the Gorilla enclosure - a large green space surrounded by a very high wall. He sustained serious head injuries. One of the huge silverback gorillas went over to him and cradled his head gently in his arms until the emergency services arrived.

It was wonderful to see, but I bet they had to see him off, sedate him or whatever before the ambulance crew arrived,

Yes I remember that one. Gorillas are very kind to humans when they are being studied with respect.

This clip is stand out for me in that we know the Gorilla is being rational and not ripping the guy apart.

https://youtu.be/KujmrcF0ZxU

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
When the IRA were bombing us did we say Catholicism was attacking us? No we didn't. We said fundamentalist murderers were attacking us.

Islam is not attacking us you dozy prick. See above for a clue as to who is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well above is a copy of a post from the 'President Of The United States Of America'???
So going by your comment I'm supposed to somehow see that what these 'Muslim Terrorists on London Bridge and Borough Market........Is down to Donald Trump????
And you call me a "dozy prick"....ha ha ha....don't make me laugh...it's as if you're getting your knickers in a twist and insinuating I'm unable to distinguish that not all Muslims are terrorists.....It's as if you haven't read all my posts about the very same issue......but surely you would have checked all the posts about this issue before making such a stand out statement!
Maybe best you make your 24th post on here so much of a joke!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well above is a copy of a post from the 'President Of The United States Of America'???
So going by your comment I'm supposed to somehow see that what these 'Muslim Terrorists on London Bridge and Borough Market........Is down to Donald Trump????
And you call me a "dozy prick"....ha ha ha....don't make me laugh...it's as if you're getting your knickers in a twist and insinuating I'm unable to distinguish that not all Muslims are terrorists.....It's as if you haven't read all my posts about the very same issue......but surely you would have checked all the posts about this issue before making such a stand out statement!

Attack a man in the post count......... ouch!

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

Thanks Big G, I've learned my lesson. Don't stay up late posting arguments informed by emotive responses to keyboard warriors & their mob.

As for the post count, I'd say fewer posts = more measured view. Excluding myself obviously. So congrats on your impressive post count and the pleasure it brings to you & yours...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A body has been found in the Thames, believed to have been knocked there by the terrorists' van, and would be the 8th fatality from the attack.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interesting article . So what we need to do then is increase muslim migration in order to bring peace and stability to the UK .

Looks like Poland & Hungary have got it wrong .
I took it more as welcoming those that are here rather than necessarily inviting more.

Of course stopping the bombs would have the add on effect of dropping refugee numbers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Read somewhere that the coroner report wasn't going to start until today, so the dead won't begin to be formally identified until today. Presumably next of kin aren't informed until once coroner report is complete, or beyond any doubt whatsoever. Canadian lady's name presumably released early as she died in her partner's arms. British guy yesterday hasn't officially been named, but police told the family they had found his bank card on the body. Given hospitals will have been contacted by friends/family by now, we surely have to assume the missing are the remaining dead yet to be announced - Sara Zelenak, Ignacio Echeverria, Xavier Thomas, Sebastien Belanger.

Been confirmed Ignacio was one of our employees (I didn't know him). He was the one who went for the attackers using his skateboard.
Xavier's body was found in the river near Limehouse last night according to BBC

Desperately sad.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Been confirmed Ignacio was one of our employees (I didn't know him). He was the one who went for the attackers using his skateboard.
Xavier's body was found in the river near Limehouse last night according to BBC

Desperately sad.

It's not important but Xavier was/is an Amex employee, I've been chatting to someone in Paris this morning who knew him, brings it home a bit. Sad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting - and I seek to make no point here - illustration of just how international a city, London truly is, in that just ONE of the eight victims of this atrocity was actually British.

(I think that's right? 4 French, 2 Australian, 1 Canadian, 1 UK?)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Interesting - and I seek to make no point here - illustration of just how international a city, London truly is, in that just ONE of the eight victims of this atrocity was actually British.

I think 3 French, 1 Spanish at this stage (Ignacio of HSBC referenced above). To emphasise your point, I think only the Canadian was a tourist. The rest were residents.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think 3 French, 1 Spanish at this stage (Ignacio of HSBC referenced above). To emphasise your point, I think only the Canadian was a tourist. The rest were residents.

Sorry - thanks for the correction.

3 French, 2 Australian, 1 Spanish, 1 Canadian, 1 Brit.

The pain of these attacks (not just this one, of course) are felt far and wide.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Quite extraordinary video doing the rounds on social media (and The Sun) of the moment the attackers were dealt with by the police. Starts off with the 3 strolling around the market, then setting upon a member of the public, before seeing police, trying to flee, then charging the police who shoot them dead. They are right on top of the police, two of whom fall over as a police car makes its way through the middle of the melee. How they manage to not hit the member of the public on the floor, or each other, and deal with them before they are attacked themselves is incredible.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

It is, in my opinion, the most international city in the world......and all the better for it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Only a week ago..so much has happened this week that it seems longer...for those involved it must be still very raw...so many still in hospital ..sometimes it seems the injured get forgotten when the headlines concentrate on the number killed..hoping that they all physically recover soon ..and then we have the mental scars.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
harking back to my recent comment i would confirm that my words were badly chosen.....i am fully aware of the difference between a race and a religion , unfortunately corporate golf days with free alcohol are not conducive to a level headed evening of discussion on an internet forum ....particularly on a subject which raises so many difficult questions.....apologies to those who were offended , i will attempt to not spiral downwards into the pit of bigotry again.........probably traveled more than most and done aid work in vietnam and zambia......not racist...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here