Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What about Shane Long as a forward option next year?

barnden10

May 11, 2014
Shane Long from Saints could be a good shout, similar to Baldock but proven in Prem. Admittedly doesn't score enough goals but let's be honest we are going to struggle to sign a proven 10-15 goal a season man, although I reckon Muzza could well get that many next year

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Shane Long from Saints could be a good shout, similar to Baldock but proven in Prem. Admittedly doesn't score enough goals but let's be honest we are going to struggle to sign a proven 10-15 goal a season man, although I reckon Muzza could well get that many next year

Seen him a few times. Good on his day but those days are getting rarer. I imagine the recruitment department is aiming higher.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't know ..my eyes fully on enjoying the end of this season

Me too,i'd go further and say that whilst i acknowledge we will need strengthening,i am against wholesale changes,in fact i am more than happy to spend as little as possible and will trust in CH as to who he feels is required to fill the roles in the areas that need it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We don't know that yet do we? No one thought Ashley Barnes would ever make the step up, but he has.

I did. I rated Barnes and was disappointed he left. Never going to be a 15 goal a season PL striker, but works his socks off, a good footballer and I bet his teammates appreciate playing with him.

Baldrick is different, probably more talented and pacey. He'll be fine. Injuries are his weak point.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner ask Chelsea about a season loan for Tammy Abrahams and possibly if fit Izzy Brown but if as suggested Oscar gets the Barcelona job we may be able to get a player on loan.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes please exactly what we need to fight it out with Baldock for that role

1 in 4 ratio in premier league and a lot of those appearances from the bench

We need a few players with top level experience, he has that.

barnden10

May 11, 2014
Jermaine Defoe would be a player I would be looking at
He would work well with any combination of our current strikers including SB
Had suggested that to my wife, we then decided that the likes of West Ham would be after him, not that they are better than us just he is a London boy etc

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Had suggested that to my wife, we then decided that the likes of West Ham would be after him, not that they are better than us just he is a London boy etc

Fair play. It takes a lot of trust to pursue an open relationship.

I'd suggested to my wife Harry Kane, but she was having none of it. She only wants me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here