Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good grief, some people...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If anyone actually wants to bring the tweet to QPR's attention then their customer service email is andyr@qpr.co.uk

From what I read last night, QPR fans themselves, have reported it to their club. Lots of them apologised to AK on behalf of their club.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Interesting that PB is on the case. While what the lad wrote is vile and totally uncalled for, it's essentially a piece of unpleasant twatting from a kid; it doesn't seem to me to have broken any laws - no racism (no mention of AK being French), no homophobia, etc.

What then forms the substance of any complaint from club to club (assuming that's what PB was referring to) communication? "Dear QPR CEO, one of your fans has written something nasty and stupid about one of our players. Please sanction him".

Slippery slope. If that becomes the norm, all football clubs will be half empty due to the number of fans who've been banned.

Perhaps the kid's tweet is an example of what PB means by "bringing the club into disrepute"? If so, that carries a potential ban for our fans due to the zero tolerance of such behaviour.

Be careful what you write about oppo players, fans, managers, officials, and owners, Albion fans...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Funny how we had a stand full of fans singing 'Let him die' when Scott Mcgleish was being stretchered off, yet a MINOR writes something on twitter, not even directly AT our player and we are emailing our CEO demanding he sorts this out.

How times change

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Interesting that PB is on the case. While what the lad wrote is vile and totally uncalled for, it's essentially a piece of unpleasant twatting from a kid; it doesn't seem to me to have broken any laws - no racism (no mention of AK being French), no homophobia, etc.

What then forms the substance of any complaint from club to club (assuming that's what PB was referring to) communication? "Dear QPR CEO, one of your fans has written something nasty and stupid about one of our players. Please sanction him".

Slippery slope. If that becomes the norm, all football clubs will be half empty due to the number of fans who've been banned.

Perhaps the kid's tweet is an example of what PB means by "bringing the club into disrepute"? If so, that carries a potential ban for our fans due to the zero tolerance of such behaviour.

Be careful what you write about oppo players, fans, managers, officials, and owners, Albion fans...

So you wouldn't have banned him from here then

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Supposed 'Club Statement' from QPR, although can't find any official statement...

Club Statement
Queens Park Rangers Football Club is aware Brighton & Hove Albion’s Anthony Knockaert was the target of a deplorable post via social media from an individual who describes himself as a supporter of our football club.

We pride ourselves as a family club and such comments will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form. Fortunately, the vast majority of our fanbase have been quick to condemn such comments.

Rest assured, we will be making contact with the ‘supporter’ in question and taking appropriate action.

So let's see what actually happens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Supposed 'Club Statement' from QPR, although can't find any official statement...

So let's see what actually happens.

He's a thick, naïve young kid. Requires no more than a telling off / warning letter from their club, tbh. His parents have probably given him a ton of grief and his pretty girlfriend has probably dumped him, and demanded his Christmas presents back.

Lesson learned, I'm sure.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Funny how we had a stand full of fans singing 'Let him die' when Scott Mcgleish was being stretchered off, yet a MINOR writes something on twitter, not even directly AT our player and we are emailing our CEO demanding he sorts this out.

How times change

A stand full of fans? Do you really think ALL fans join in with moronic chants?

How times change

In fairness to The Wanker, McGleish made it clear at the time that he enjoyed the banter. Apart from anything else, it was Carl Griffiths who was the villain. We knew that and McGleish knew that we knew.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is a totally deplorable situation but I do believe that AK has to come to terms with his loss and even receive help if needed for fear of him becoming a target for more abuse. I am sure that is what his father would want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here