Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV matches announced (Could the Man City game be on Friday night.?)

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
I've heard from 2 sources it'll be Saturday 5.30pm. One of them especially makes me think it's true

I've also heard from a very reliable source its the Saturday Evening BT Sport game.Also heard all the Clubs in the prem know the 1st two weeks tv games and we only have the city game on tv.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
First weekend is not the same. First weekend of Championship is the week before.
No information to base it on but would be surprised if the City game is played on Saturday at 3pm. Hopefully it will be on Saturday or Sunday rather than an evening game

Yes, of course. Silly me, we get an extra week in bed. But, just to answer the point, is there normally a fri eve game on first week of PL season?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hoping it gets moved to the Sunday. Got tickets to the world championship athletics for, hopefully, Usain Bolt in the 4x100 relay

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
BT show the 1730 and SKY usually want an attractive match for the first weekend on Super Sunday so I reckon we'll be 1330 on the Sunday as SKY pick first

Newcastle v Spurs is bigger game than ours..Sky will choose that. Always show previous years champions so Chelski also.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hoping it gets moved to the Sunday. Got tickets to the world championship athletics for, hopefully, Usain Bolt in the 4x100 relay
I thought he had said he was only doing the individual 100m?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My money is on the late Saturday slot.

Guess it could go to the Sunday, or even Monday, but the Friday night slot isn't a regular Premier League thing I don't think, so I'd be surprised if it was brought forward.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The champions are usually shown as the first live match of the season, so even if there was a Friday night match, it wouldn't be us.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'd like a Friday night game, finish work early, head down on the train with a few beers, few more beers at The Amex, leave for home with 3 points and still get the weekend to enjoy.

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
late saturday slot would be perfect. Day session on the sauce in a pub close to brighton station, then off to the amex to continue. Then back into a brighton pub with my 3 points

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If its Friday night as soon as its kicks off we can sing that we are top of the league................until City score

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here