Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Your school trips

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Shame as I missed the skiing trip to Austria when I was in 6th Form when my friend Doug, who has been known as "Doug Mare" ever since, got so pissed on schnapps that he passed out for nearly a day and had his eyebrows shaved and his face coloured blue, as in like the Blue Man Group.

If he had a Scottish-sounding surname, and a brother called Gordon, I think I know who you're talking about!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Ok so a trip to seven sisters in a Bright Orange 16 seater minibus , dunno the year but late seventies i suppose , those that went to Fawcett will know Winstanley and Shav the gym teachers , well that's who we went with so it was going to be a laugh from the off , 2 days in Shav asked me to go to the farm (nearby) and refill the 5 gallon water tank , the farm was about a mile away , fook that as i walked past a pond and filled the tank from the pond , what did i know about weils disease , within 12 hours 9 of the 13 lads had developed the squirts and vomiting , one of whom ML was pretty bad and had to be taken home , nobody ever asked where i got the water from and i wasn't about to tell .

By day 4 the party had all but recovered so it was time to try and start the minibus with a fork as you do , and boom it started , Who could drive ? Nobody as it turned out but we all had a bloody good go , i'm still not sure how we got away with driving over the rolling hills of Eastbourne without at least getting spotted but we did , nobody to my knowledge ever knew apart from the lads in the minibus , god knows what Winstanley and Shav were doing but it wasn't Minibus watching , lost track of most of the lads that went on the trip but still see a few at the games without really wanting to mention it because of the water :lolol: , so there , if you're reading this and ruined your pants , it was me , Sorry .

That is brilliant! :clap2: :laugh:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
That is brilliant! :clap2: :laugh:

It's actually a true story as iv'e met a couple of the now luckily undamaged grown up lads unfortunate enough to have been on the trip , i'm secretly hoping someone who posts on here will also have been on the trip and reads this for the first time and the penny drops as to why they spent 2 days praying for imodium .

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I spent the most boring week of my life in Matlock when I was about 11. We spent two days looking round the Eyam Plague village and popped into Coventry cathedral, the Black country museum and Dudley Zoo to break up the six hour coach journey home. A grey, miserable and depressing week.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Westdene Junior School trip to Burwash. I can tell you all about it if you want, as I've still got the inevitable project you had to do about it when you got back to school. This includes a drawing of the most memorable part of the week, which was Chris Bigg falling face first into an enormous puddle.
[MENTION=3018]Peter Grummit[/MENTION] might remember...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Westdene Junior School trip to Burwash. I can tell you all about it if you want, as I've still got the inevitable project you had to do about it when you got back to school. This includes a drawing of the most memorable part of the week, which was Chris Bigg falling face first into an enormous puddle.
[MENTION=3018]Peter Grummit[/MENTION] might remember...

I think I went the following year, from memory. My project consisted of trying to draw a sheep that looked like a pig......

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
While studying at the University of East London we had a study trip to Tokyo, we were staying in a large spare room at the University of Tokyo. Once everyone had laid out their air beds it became apparent that there wasn't going to be enough space for all twenty five of us so me and another guy had to sleep in a cupboard. Me on the lower shelf and my mate on the shelf above. In all honesty it was better and more protected from unprovoked attacks in there so I didn't mind it.

Had some great trips while at University - Barcelona, Cadaques (birth place of Salvador Dali), Tokyo, Venice, Rotterdam and Rome.

At school it would often be trips around Sussex - Ashdown Forest, South Downs etc. although we had a couple of grim trips up north to Scotland and one epic 3 week adventure busking around Italy.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Thorpe Park, 1991. Jimmy White was there with his family. I still have his signature on his Burger King receipt. 3 Reg Fantas, 3 Plain Hamburgers, 3 Reg Fries.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8452173 said:
While studying at the University of East London we had a study trip to Tokyo, we were staying in a large spare room at the University of Tokyo. Once everyone had laid out their air beds it became apparent that there wasn't going to be enough space for all twenty five of us so me and another guy had to sleep in a cupboard. Me on the lower shelf and my mate on the shelf above. In all honesty it was better and more protected from unprovoked attacks in there so I didn't mind it.

Had some great trips while at University - Barcelona, Cadaques (birth place of Salvador Dali), Tokyo, Venice, Rotterdam and Rome.

At school it would often be trips around Sussex - Ashdown Forest, South Downs etc. although we had a couple of grim trips up north to Scotland and one epic 3 week adventure busking around Italy.

sorry to be picky, but SD was born in Figueres, think he later lived in Cadaques

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I can't remember any trips and certainly didn't go abroad although both my younger brothers did!

When my son was about 7 his school were doing a trip to Thorpe park and asked for helpers. I went along thinking I would be with my boy and there may be some milfs I could get chatting with. Unfortunately I got put with a different group to my sons. Then there was no time for milfs as the kids wouldn't leave me alone dragging me on all the rides! To be fair, it was superb as it was a Monday and Thorpe park was deserted, so a free hit on as many rides as we could!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
School trip to the Isle of Man probably the was memorable for the ferry journey and everyone being sick, and our school fighting with another school from Liverpool on the ferry.

Pot hole trip in Yorkshire by a one legged pot hole guy and his Jack Russell dog, was interesting.

Trip to Alton Towers and on the cork screw I got a nose bleed, being at the front I covered most of the people behind me in blood.

I was not allowed on the French trip.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Windsurfing holiday (as you do!!) late 80s in Northern Spain, Oathall Community College in Haywards Heath.

Spent every night drinking and smoking with the teachers, we were only 13-15. Different world.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Best - Isle of Arran for a week, despite travelling up there in a guard’s van from London to Glasgow.
Worst - Bramber for a visit round the stuffed animal museum.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
School Trip:

Anyone from Stringer or Varndean will remember the name Dolawen. This is a field centre stuck in the middle of the Llanberis pass about two miles from the nearest village.

We went in Autumn 95 when the comet Hale Bopp was in the skies which made for an amazing spectacle at night.

Remember trekking to the village and somehow being served in the local Spa and coming back with a bottle of Bacardi and 14 cans of white lightening. All were consumed with gusto amongst our clique of five and our delicate 15 yr old intestines could not cope leading to rivers of sick and piss from the top bunk through the well worn ply wood bunk floor onto the poor inhabitants below.

This was the same trip that more than half of us picked up some kind of horrendous V and D bug on the last day leading to a nightmare 8 hour coach journey home.

My mum was the bursar at Stringer in those days and came home about a week later to say a rotting sheep carcass had been found upstream from the centre in a stream which coincidentally fed the water supply for the showers, sinks and taps in the centre which everyone brushed their teeth in. Nice.

Cadet trip:

Ramsgate to Dunkirk on a particularly stormy day during a residential gliding course from RAF Manston.

Being 17 and all with fake NUS cards meant that purchase and consumption of Stella was all too easy and too much for some.

The RAF requisitioned a mini bus to take us there and back from the Royal Marines, three chaps couldn’t hold their booze and spent the journey back filling the aisles with copious amounts of vom. Cue major dressing down on egress from the Squadron Leader and a command to clean the bus from top to bottom in under an hour as the Marines wanted their bus back! Best hangover cure if ever there was one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here