Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just skimmed the last page on this thread but is there really an expectation that the club should change the price of season tickets year on year according to the number of games ? Tony must be crying into his pint !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You do make some valid points Drew but for all your waffling and grizzling you still renewed didn't you? If you were that passionate about your views on this you would have jacked it in, you haven't.

Well I appreciate you recognizing there are some valid points. I might have waffled on because others don't recognize that (they don't have to agree with them but that doesn't stop you recognizing the points). I have renewed because I support BHA and that, to me, is the team on the pitch, and that I can afford the increases. If the 'season ticket' had gone up by 50% I still would probably have renewed but surely that doesn't preclude someone from commenting on the increases. Earlier in the thread Bozza pointed out that there were some that couldn't afford a season ticket so they will rely on match day ticket prices. I would respectively suggest there are some on this thread that seem to come from the 'I'm alright Jack' school as price increases are water of a duck's back.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
What a load of crap. It is a fact that the match day cost for my seat, assuming promotion, will be over 24% higher.

It's not crap it's about perspective. Did you honestly think it should stay the same price? Jesus.

Ok, so it's 24% higher for you? Does that represent poor value to you? Vote with your feet and don't renew.

If you can't afford to then I'm sorry, as I said everyone's circumstances are different, but the club is still making good decisions that in my opinion represent a necessity for them and still provide good value for us as fans.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No, you need to read more of the thread!

Just read back and in post 235 you mention that the club should announce that the per game price of a season ticket will be rising if we are promoted. I don't remember that level of detail in previous price announcements over the years although perhaps I just didn't process the information. As with many on here I never calculate the per game cost and also don't feel I have lost value for money if I miss games (I can't make midweek home games). Anyway, not looking to fall out. I was just surprised.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Are you really that dumb that you couldn't work out that the £20 is the average price they pay!!!! It's like talking to a five year old.

:facepalm:

I can talk(not dumb)although what that has to do with it is beyond me.Perhaps it`s my five year old brain..please explain !! I can work out an average price( it`s simple,cost divided by no of games).

You are either thick as the proverbial or taking the mickey...I`ll give you the benefit of the doubt...

Ps. my season ticket has gone up approx 3.7%

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just read back and in post 235 you mention that the club should announce that the per game price of a season ticket will be rising if we are promoted. I don't remember that level of detail in previous price announcements over the years although perhaps I just didn't process the information. As with many on here I never calculate the per game cost and also don't feel I have lost value for money if I miss games (I can't make midweek home games). Anyway, not looking to fall out. I was just surprised.

It's not really much detail though is it. It would just part of the press release about ST prices along the lines that the club appreciates the effective increase will be more if we get promoted but the club believes fans will appreciate the quality that they will now see at the Amex etc etc.

I'm sure a few years ago when we were heading for the play offs or promotion, there was a comment by the club that if we went up then prices would also be increased more then they were but I can't find a link so might be mistaken.

i admit that out of curiosity I probably do have a look to see what the average cost of a match is from the Season ticket price but it is never a factor on why I might miss a game, ie, I can afford to miss 4/5 or 6 or whatever number it is before it's cost me money. The only reason I miss a game is normally because some member of the family has failed to check the fixture list before booking their wedding/christening etc etc. That or my holiday overlaps the start of the season!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The only reason I miss a game is normally because some member of the family has failed to check the fixture list before booking their wedding/christening etc etc.

Hopefully free buffet and cheap bar to offset missing the game

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's not crap it's about perspective. Did you honestly think it should stay the same price? Jesus.

Ok, so it's 24% higher for you? Does that represent poor value to you? Vote with your feet and don't renew.

If you can't afford to then I'm sorry, as I said everyone's circumstances are different, but the club is still making good decisions that in my opinion represent a necessity for them and still provide good value for us as fans.

On the basis that TV revenue is going up from £3.6m to £100m + or thereabouts and that the price rise may only bring in an extra £500k or thereabouts, it's not beyond the realms of possibility, especially bearing in mind there seems to be plenty of fan campaigns about the price of tickets at other premiership grounds!

That said, they have put the prices up so be it. But in doing so, why not just be a bit more upfront about the rises.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

You are a Harry Enfield character.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Fully understand price increase if we are in championship. To me this league offers fantastic competitive entertainment which I judge my season on. Pleased for Bloom if we go up and will enjoy the ride while it last but with a minimum increase of £100m income how can increase be justified. With vast amounts of money in premiership I think no ticket should be more then about £30 at any game. Was in Germany few weeks ago and watched Schalke for £23

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nobody has suggested or insinuated that.

The debate is really about exactly what the price increase is and how it is described by the club. That, and the fact that the club will get a ****ing big wedge of TV money next year and could quite easily have absorbed any price increase as well as letting TB start to recover some of his outlay. Out of interest, you're a numbers man, roughly how much additional income do you think the price increase will make?

Based on the current level of ticket revenue of £9.4 million, and assuming that 80% of that comes from STH. An average rise of 4% would bring in an extra £300,000.

BHAFC Revenue 2016.PNG

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
At the risk of prolonged public scorn and derision, I have to say that I see [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] 's fundamental underlying point.

As I understand it, it's simply that in the event we're promoted, the extra £300k generated by an (assumed) average 4% price increase is swamped by the near-£100m increase in TV receipts, so why not gain goodwill among the fan base by saying "if we go up, ST prices will be frozen for next season"?

Obviously, we'd then have the anomaly that if we didn't go up the ST prices for the Championship would be higher than if we're playing in the PL.

I don't agree with the perspective of a 25%-ish increase on a per game basis, though the maths is faultless. It's just the perspective I disagree with.

Given the general reaction on here to the price increase if we go up, it looks like the club called it right anyway - from their perspective, if the punters are happy to stump up another £300k, you might as well take it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Pleased for Bloom if we go up and will enjoy the ride while it last but with a minimum increase of £100m income how can increase be justified. With vast amounts of money in premiership I think no ticket should be more then about £30 at any game. Was in Germany few weeks ago and watched Schalke for £23
That is dangerous lefty talk. Next you'll be wondering if a cap on the ridiculous wages earned by footballers could somehow be made to work.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At the risk of prolonged public scorn and derision, I have to say that I see [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] 's fundamental underlying point.

As I understand it, it's simply that in the event we're promoted, the extra £300k generated by an (assumed) average 4% price increase is swamped by the near-£100m increase in TV receipts, so why not gain goodwill among the fan base by saying "if we go up, ST prices will be frozen for next season"?

Obviously, we'd then have the anomaly that if we didn't go up the ST prices for the Championship would be higher than if we're playing in the PL.

I don't agree with the perspective of a 25%-ish increase on a per game basis, though the maths is faultless. It's just the perspective I disagree with.

Given the general reaction on here to the price increase if we go up, it looks like the club called it right anyway - from their perspective, if the punters are happy to stump up another £300k, you might as well take it.

The thing is, the club HAVE to plan for another season in the Championship. Get up, and look like staying up, and they can make all the big gestures they want, this time next season.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

I agree. Drew's point is valid and he has argued his case well ...

The thing is, the club HAVE to plan for another season in the Championship. Get up, and look like staying up, and they can make all the big gestures they want, this time next season.
... but then I also agree with this!

Anyway, as someone who isn't a STH I'm more worried about the cost of individual match tickets. IF we go up they will probably have to increase by the 'Drew figure'!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Indeed so. They could just about have said "if we go up they're frozen, if not, it's 2-5%. Why? Because of £100m, that's why."

But, as I said, you'd then have the weirdness of a ST being cheaper in the PL than in the Champ.

The killer for me though is that nearly everyone is happy enough with what they've done, so they called it right.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here