Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Match Upgrade - Taking the Mick

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry. To answer [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION]'s question properly, you can transfer and you can upgrade up six times still "Any such upgrades can be processed no more than six times per season ticket holder per season and will be charged at the price of the match ticket minus the pro-rata value of the season ticket, rounded up to the nearest £.".

The new costing is as you say. It's costly but not utterly unreasonable. However, I do think they should drop the six upgrade cap if they're removing the favourable pricing.

Excellent point.......only reason for upgrading would be to secure a particular seat if no cost saving

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Does it work the other way... I am giving my adult ticket to an U18 tonight...I could be quids in!!!!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Excellent point.......only reason for upgrading would be to secure a particular seat if no cost saving

I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, but it does make sense to limit it if the club having sold out, or anticipate selling out, what they consider their Season Ticker Allocation. Securing a seat that's mostly empty isn't great for the club, as the hypothetical person isn't spending on things like food at the ground, and they could sell that seat to a non-concession if it wasn't "reserved", but again is only really an issue if no other seats are available.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, could not be bothered to read the whole thread.

Sometimes when you phone the ticket office you get sent to the overflow ticket line which i believe is run by our ticketing suppliers. This is based in Manchester, not at the Amex. Is it possible that this transaction ended getting handled by someone based elsewhere who is not aware of the full protocols for ticket upgrades? Seems the most likely explanation to me, as it appears that the normal protocol has not been followed on this occasion.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hang on. If someone uses my season ticket from same age gap, and need to get a replacement papaer ticket (obvously we wouldn't tell the club if we could phyiscally give them the ticket), they are going to rush them full price minus the pro rata season ticket cost?

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, could not be bothered to read the whole thread.

Sometimes when you phone the ticket office you get sent to the overflow ticket line which i believe is run by our ticketing suppliers. This is based in Manchester, not at the Amex. Is it possible that this transaction ended getting handled by someone based elsewhere who is not aware of the full protocols for ticket upgrades? Seems the most likely explanation to me, as it appears that the normal protocol has not been followed on this occasion.

Not in this instance, my first phone call went to the ticketing agents and they are unable to perform the upgrades, I was told to call back and take a different option.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Hang on. If someone uses my season ticket from same age gap, and need to get a replacement papaer ticket (obvously we wouldn't tell the club if we could phyiscally give them the ticket), they are going to rush them full price minus the pro rata season ticket cost?

The club says it's only if you need to upgrade the ticket, so if it's same age bracket you should be fine.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010

Paul Barber told me if that is found out then both the buyer and seller face legal action.

Apologies for starting the other thread after my experience last night.

I have been one of the clubs biggest defenders of their prices, be it beer, burgers, tickets or parking etc, but for me the current policy has crossed a line.

I take myself and 3 kids to games. One kid will very rarely do evening games so for about 50% of evening games this ticket is used. On a rare occasion it's used by another kid but mostly we will upgrade and I'll bring along a mate.

Last night the cost for upgrading was £28.00. The most I think I paid last season was £18.00.

The chap at the ticket office explained there was a new policy in place which had been communicated to us in the T's and C's.

I'm certainly not aware of this, but hasten to add I was made very aware of the 6 upgrade policy last season, which seemed reasonable.

In my case, I will be clearly better off not buying the 4th season ticket and buying as and when required.
I can't see the club can justify the upgrade only element costing most than most adult tickets will cost in the Championship this year and certainly not justify the fact the upgrade element is a whopping 40% higher than the cost of an away fan to watch a premier league game!

Feel those most loyal are an easy target and I feel 'had'

Agree, especially with the game being on Sky, if they sold for £35 that would be plenty, and I cannot understand Forest being a Cat A game

Not on TV and staying at 3pm on a Saturday, I could just about see the justification.

What really baffles me in why Barnsley is anything other than C ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apologies for starting the other thread after my experience last night.

I have been one of the clubs biggest defenders of their prices, be it beer, burgers, tickets or parking etc, but for me the current policy has crossed a line.

I take myself and 3 kids to games. One kid will very rarely do evening games so for about 50% of evening games this ticket is used. On a rare occasion it's used by another kid but mostly we will upgrade and I'll bring along a mate.

Last night the cost for upgrading was £28.00. The most I think I paid last season was £18.00.

The chap at the ticket office explained there was a new policy in place which had been communicated to us in the T's and C's.

I'm certainly not aware of this, but hasten to add I was made very aware of the 6 upgrade policy last season, which seemed reasonable.

In my case, I will be clearly better off not buying the 4th season ticket and buying as and when required.
I can't see the club can justify the upgrade only element costing most than most adult tickets will cost in the Championship this year and certainly not justify the fact the upgrade element is a whopping 40% higher than the cost of an away fan to watch a premier league game!

Feel those most loyal are an easy target and I feel 'had'

Well it wouldn't cost me as in that scenario I would make my mate pay!!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The software has been updated apparently and is now based on a full individual price for an upgrade.

Just sorting out upgrading an U21 to an adult as far cheaper given University beckons for Mini

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I certain poster on here [MENTION=16399]pb21[/MENTION] purchased a season ticket this season after upgrading my mother's OAP one on a number of occasions and getting into the habit of going to games. He can't be the only one. Love taking friends and colleagues who aren't albion fans along ocassionally but they aren't going to pay £42.

So, so, so short sighted by the club.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Am not sure if I am reading this thread properly.

For last nights match I upgraded an Under 18 ticket for an over 65 and it cost £6. This seems very reasonable to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here