Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon FIRESTICK - dodgy streaming

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Every game that is being televised somewhere in the world. Which is not that many. Not EVERY Albion game.

:dunce:

I see now. I thought that was the case, because its only when we were the featured game on the FLS that I knew I could see the game down the Warwick, or that one on the seafront in Hove when they had a sports bar. I'll still keep an eye out this weekend though - after all, we are playing the Champions of Europe, I find it very difficult to believe that won't be being televised.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
:dunce:

I see now. I thought that was the case, because its only when we were the featured game on the FLS that I knew I could see the game down the Warwick, or that one on the seafront in Hove when they had a sports bar. I'll still keep an eye out this weekend though - after all, we are playing the Champions of Europe, I find it very difficult to believe that won't be being televised.

Agreed - this week is looking good, it seems.

I just didn't want you to schedule a big event for the following away game to then be disappointed and have to watch a Premier League game of your choice instead!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed - this week is looking good, it seems.

I just didn't want you to schedule a big event for the following away game to then be disappointed and have to watch a Premier League game of your choice instead!

That would be a bitter blow.

Other than a bit of initial novelty value, I can't see me bothering with 3pm PL football much to be honest. Although I might just keep quiet about it - I've got a mate who is a plastic Spurs fan (the ONLY time he has ever been to WHL was when we played them in the FA Cup, cos someone else was organising tickets). If he finds out I can see every Spurs game live, he's going to be badgering me every week to come round.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Guys, look out for NBCSN streams for premiership football, 1080p streams and uninterupted, unless they have a commercial and you get a holding screen. I have been watching my football on there. Also, Bein sports US show the championship, Bein sports asia do not always have the championship games so you need to look out for that. Phoenix, Rockcrusher and Metal Kettle are all on twitter and announce which matches are on which channels when there are games on so look out for that. UK Turk does the same too, his streams are spot on for sport.

you can also sign up to Sports streams and Sports donkey to have more reliable HD streams, you pay a subscription but I have no trouble with buffering or issues as its a private stream rather then public, maybe worth looking into for the long term.

I also use my firestick with my old ps3 controller to turn it into an emulator too!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes I should have been clearer on that point!....

I knew what you meant - I wasn't sure that Easy 10 did though!

I was beginning to imagine a lorryload of Doritos on order to his house to keep him and chums going for the remainder of our away games this season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I knew what you meant - I wasn't sure that Easy 10 did though!

I was beginning to imagine a lorryload of Doritos on order to his house to keep him and chums going for the remainder of our away games this season.

You're right, I did initially think he meant EVERY game. I nearly passed out.

But now I know the Leeds game is being covered on Bien, I've taken the plunge and invited a gang round for it. God help me if I can't get it to work - I'm guessing I won't know for sure until the game is literally about to kick off. Ideally I'd have liked a trial run first, but I'm CONFIDENT.

#gulp

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
You're right, I did initially think he meant EVERY game. I nearly passed out.

But now I know the Leeds game is being covered on Bien, I've taken the plunge and invited a gang round for it. God help me if I can't get it to work - I'm guessing I won't know for sure until the game is literally about to kick off. Ideally I'd have liked a trial run first, but I'm CONFIDENT.

#gulp

Again....make sure you have found a Bein US stream and NOT Bein Asia. Alternatively, sign up to Bein sports webpage, they do a free trail and then you can down,oad the bein app onto the firestick, make sure you have a VPN saying you're in the US (unlocator 7 day trial) and you can watch the Albion in full HD glory!

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
I heard a lot of good things about Kodi so decided to try it out on my PC, bit fiddly to install & set up the add-ons but there are step by step guides that are easy to follow so not too bad.

I must be doing something wrong, as the football streams are far from HD quality, I'd say SD at best. Perfectly watchable but definitely not worth cancelling Sky or BT sports for. Also tried some of the live sports channels & there are major reliabilty issues.

You can watch any film or tv shows with a quick search, but not HD (like Netflix for example). Better than the football streams, but not HD. I have fibre broadband & like to watch in HD, so once you've paid for that the TV is only a tenner more per month (with BT) so don't think it is worth cancelling for.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Again....make sure you have found a Bein US stream and NOT Bein Asia. Alternatively, sign up to Bein sports webpage, they do a free trail and then you can down,oad the bein app onto the firestick, make sure you have a VPN saying you're in the US (unlocator 7 day trial) and you can watch the Albion in full HD glory!

Cheers chap, I shall bear that in mind. I'll be having a good old fiddle with it this week, and once I'm done doing that I'll have another look at the Firestick. :thumbsup:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
All you are doing is watching streams of programs, films or sport, so as it stands no one is breaking any laws as it is totally legal. Just like watching Amazon or Netflix but without the subscription.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
All you are doing is watching streams of programs, films or sport, so as it stands no one is breaking any laws as it is totally legal. Just like watching Amazon or Netflix but without the subscription.

Not that I'm fussed what people choose to watch or how they do it but not paying for something which the original provider/copyright holder would normally levy a charge for to paying subscribers of that particular broadcast or as part of a package would amount to an evasion of liability or form of theft which is a criminal offence in this country at least. Claiming it is totally legal is therefore incorrect. How they would catch you and enforce any legal action though is anybodys guess? It is worth noting however that in the recent past some of the big music companies did go after a lot of people that were downloading music for free using torrent sites etc. I guess you use these things and software at your own risk and there is always the chance that any exploits or kit used may well be rendered useless without any notice. The other thing that makes me cautious is the possibilities of malware or suchlike being inserted into my devices by any of this kit allied with software from a questionable background.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I heard a lot of good things about Kodi so decided to try it out on my PC, bit fiddly to install & set up the add-ons but there are step by step guides that are easy to follow so not too bad.

I must be doing something wrong, as the football streams are far from HD quality, I'd say SD at best. Perfectly watchable but definitely not worth cancelling Sky or BT sports for. Also tried some of the live sports channels & there are major reliabilty issues.

You can watch any film or tv shows with a quick search, but not HD (like Netflix for example). Better than the football streams, but not HD. I have fibre broadband & like to watch in HD, so once you've paid for that the TV is only a tenner more per month (with BT) so don't think it is worth cancelling for.

The films I watched on it last night were in 1080 and looked HD, or as near as made no difference. The live sports was more like SD.

I didn't go in expecting it to be completely pristine picture quality like I get from my Sky HD box, and the sports CAN be a bit hit-and-miss finding a stable stream that works, just a case of trial and error (all the films I tried worked fine first time). I've binned off Sky Movies already, that's a no brainer. I've kept Sky Sports on for the time being, as I still use Sky GO a hell of a lot and losing that would be a wrench.

The Firestick is just brilliant as a supplement for having access to so many up-to-date films though, as well as all those other sports channels for free. I watched the baseball for an hour or so last night with no streaming issues whatsoever. It was an SD picture, but considering its free I have no problem with that, and getting the Albion game on Saturday will be the icing on the cake.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've got Kodi installed on a Raspberry Pi. It sits behind my tellybox and I can control it with my TV remote. I've not tried sports on it but i will tomorrow. Movies/TV shows I get from an invite-only, private torrent site (I just watched the first episode of the walking dead S6 and got eps 1/2 of Homeland S4 lined up) - as i understand it, private torrents are much harder for the FACT people to monitor.
Great thing about using a Raspberry pi is that it's dead easy to plug a USB in and watch media off that (or in my case I bung it on my home server and the pi streams it from that).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Whats the link for bein free trial ? Can't find that on the u.s. page? Ta

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I'm into this live streaming business so don't understand how I've not come across Kodi before. Beeing playing around with it all evening, looks like there's loads of movies to choose from. Thanks [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here