Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cool as a cucumber

Anyone else?

Few bedwetters, few bemoaning the clubs transfer activity, some so negative it almost beggars belief.

I for one am excited about the days ahead, have total confidence that the club will deliver like they have done previously and love the fact nobody has a scooby doo as to what targets we have lined up.

Enjoy the ride! We are staying up and I suspect will have some quality additions come Thursday when the transfer window slams shut!

.......... with only us & Palace being the only sides in the 92 who haven't scored a league goal this season, however, you want to dress the situation - it is now becoming desperate with only Hemed up front.
The Albion have done much right since being at the Amex however, our situation re centre forwards is pathetic. Yes we have done well of late - but Ulloa, Murray & Hemed sums up the past 6 years+
Big Ben (if it were working) has struck 11 times - one more bong before the chimes run out. Getting very desperate now (& no I am not a bedwetter)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've gone from stressed out and annoyed to totally calm as well to be honest. We have two scenarios now.

1. We get in 1 or 2 strikers and we have a real good crack at the league and enjoy the ride.

2. We fail to get in anybody good enough and we go down, but at least we can enjoy the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.......... with only us & Palace being the only sides in the 92 who haven't scored a league goal this season, however, you want to dress the situation - it is now becoming desperate with only Hemed up front.
The Albion have done much right since being at the Amex however, our situation re centre forwards is pathetic. Yes we have done well of late - but Ulloa, Murray & Hemed sums up the past 6 years+
Big Ben (if it were working) has struck 11 times - one more bong before the chimes run out. Getting very desperate now (& no I am not a bedwetter)

On a positive note Brighton haven't scored while playing a £1m striker.
While palace haven't scored playing their £32m striker.

I've gone from stressed out and annoyed to totally calm as well to be honest. We have two scenarios now.

1. We get in 1 or 2 strikers and we have a real good crack at the league and enjoy the ride.

2. We fail to get in anybody good enough and we go down, but at least we can enjoy the moment.

... At this very early stage in the season, it is already looking like 3 from 6 at the bottom. I don't think for one moment (regrettably) that we will survive this season - but I hope we give it a go. At the moment it's looking embarrassing. I have watched all 3 games live & lets be honest - no more than 4 of our team would get into a mediocre Prem side currently.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm team cucumber.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Both players are injured with CH saying Baldock is not even close. We need more fire power for sure.

A 0-0 draw gets the same points as a 3-3.A point a game,for the moment,sounds good to me.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On the basis if we dont get quality upfront this week could well define if we stay up we have reason to panic. Bank holiday today Thusday and Friday medical. Leaves 2 days/ Good job not like old days with clough when players were watched many times home and away and also wanted to meet there family. I fear it will not be a case of selling club but begging. To be honest an average FL1 striker would make squad stronger

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Me right now:

DFKcbRMWAAEPdaO.jpg

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm sure there will be 2 maybe 3 in if Hemed is allowed to leave and I have faith that the business will be sound. Heard Reading will bid up to £8 million before the end of deadline day for Hemed and if Everton are looking for £8 million if Nisse I'd suggest this is an upgrade for increased wages only. Also a lot depends on other clubs. There will be movement in before deadline days for better sides than us which naturally pushed players down the pecking order, which will likely mean a few good strikers looking for game time. Origi being an example even if he doesn't come here. be an interesting few days none the less and I look forward to seeing what happens

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I'm just enjoying being in the Premiership
Never thought I would see these days again in my lifetime and to share it with my sons makes it even more special
If we get relegated then so be it as long as we show some fight along the way
I trust in TB and the club and the last thing they want is relegation after all these years

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

This pretty much sums up the situation. I'm fairly cool about everything for now but with the caveat that if we fail to sign at least 2 strikers/centre forwards then there is no way we will compete in this division and relegation is a certainty.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Anyone else?

Few bedwetters, few bemoaning the clubs transfer activity, some so negative it almost beggars belief.

I for one am excited about the days ahead, have total confidence that the club will deliver like they have done previously and love the fact nobody has a scooby doo as to what targets we have lined up.

Enjoy the ride! We are staying up and I suspect will have some quality additions come Thursday when the transfer window slams shut!

Completely agree. I have confidence in the club and, even if people haven't, what is the point of all this frustration and criticism so near to the end of the window?

We only have three days left of the window and then we'll find out what the final squad will be. It is exciting, I agree, although I hate to think what it will be like on here by Friday morning if we don't get the signings we need.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We only have three days left of the window and then we'll find out what the final squad will be. It is exciting, I agree, although I hate to think what it will be like on here by Friday morning if we don't get the signings we need.
Worst thing is, there'll be more than a week's moaning time before the next match.......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here