Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom and the Club's Premiership millions

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Unfortunate turn of phrase there.
Those with autistic children ( I have two ) will know the struggles that life throws at them. I really didn't think that autism had any comedic value at all but clearly you consider otherwise.
It is a special kind of ignorant that makes comments like this twit. My guess is that he wouldnn make such crass comments if he had to deal with such a thing on a day to day basis.

The irony is that life would be so much better for our children if there were a few less thought less idiots like Husty about. One thing is for sure, if he knew and loved someone struggling with this shit he wouldnt be making stupid jokes about it.

Respect to all you who understand and try to make things better.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
How can a innocuous discussion about Tony Bloom and the 'Premiership' millions turn into a debate about autism?

Only on NSC....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It is a special kind of ignorant that makes comments like this twit. My guess is that he wouldnn make such crass comments if he had to deal with such a thing on a day to day basis.

The irony is that life would be so much better for our children if there were a few less thought less idiots like Husty about. One thing is for sure, if he knew and loved someone struggling with this shit he wouldnt be making stupid jokes about it.

The same way spastic was used, the dutch sticking kanker (cancer) in front of every insult and referring to stuff as 'aids'.

It's been common for a while to use very serious illnesses/ailments that are devastating to the sufferers and their families as a means to insult people in the most despicable fashion. Of course I'd rather it didn't happen but you only need to spend a few minutes with some of the younger generation/s to know it is common.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Funny that with all the racism and xenophobia that flies around this board from many of those concerned this is what hits a nerve. I love and cherish more than one person on the spectrum and I wont be retracting my comments.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The word Premiership from other UK sports must get into people's heads

And players and managers use it all the time. It's obviously a word that seems to have lodged in people's minds, so maybe they should bring it back.

But until they do, it's incorrect. And pedants like me will carry on pointing it out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The same way spastic was used, the dutch sticking kanker (cancer) in front of every insult and referring to stuff as 'aids'.

It's been common for a while to use very serious illnesses/ailments that are devastating to the sufferers and their families as a means to insult people in the most despicable fashion. Of course I'd rather it didn't happen but you only need to spend a few minutes with some of the younger generation/s to know it is common.

I agree with your point here but hope that having situations explained to them will make them think a little more before using such terms on a very public and wide ranging forum. Judging from the comment below this may not happen any time soon but he has said he has just left uni so prehaps he will wake up when he grows up and stops knowing eveything.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Funny that with all the racism and xenophobia that flies around this board from many of those concerned this is what hits a nerve.

All the racism and xenophobia on here gets called out, this is a pathetic mealy-mouthed excuse for your ill thought out joke. And yes it does hit a nerve with me and others who are desperately trying to make the world a more understanding place for our loved ones who for no fault of their own are on the outs of society and in grave danger off falling down the cracks. But as long as you get to make your jokes, none of that should matter i suppose

I love and cherish more than one person on the spectrum and I wont be retracting my comments.

Then stand the **** up for them and help them (and the rest of us) to educate others about their lives and challenges rather than belittling them with your snide remarks.

Let me firstly say that i have no idea if this is common practice or common knowledge. Maybe @elpresidente will know.

It has however been highlighted to me that (allegedly) on 11th May - 4 days after our last game - TB has arranged an advance of our first seasons Premier League money from Barclays Bank for a fee. So he/the club has a lump sum upfront that the League will pay back to Barclays in instalments over the season. Motive - no idea.

all publicly available at companies house

View attachment 86742

Thanks for highlighting this:moo:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, we have the money - time to spend some (over and above the day to day expenditure) on new recruits.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We are going to shell out a large amount yet, I have no doubt about it

When i say large I mean another 30 million

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Strange that references to other mental/behavioural conditions aren't met with the same reaction.

Schizophrenic is commonly used to insult or denigrate for example.

http://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=7708642

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You seem so sure about this, and the 5 players we are getting in why so damn sure Marshy?

This is Tony Bloom we are talking about, just really cannot see him spending a stack of his money... what is it now ... 200 million... to then not give it a right good go staying there.

Some posters should have far more faith in the man than is currently on show.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
All the racism and xenophobia on here gets called out, this is a pathetic mealy-mouthed excuse for your ill thought out joke. And yes it does hit a nerve with me and others who are desperately trying to make the world a more understanding place for our loved ones who for no fault of their own are on the outs of society and in grave danger off falling down the cracks. But as long as you get to make your jokes, none of that should matter i suppose

Then stand the **** up for them and help them (and the rest of us) to educate others about their lives and challenges rather than belittling them with your snide remarks.

It hits a nerve with me.. I am affected by this and also volunteer a lot of my time at a Special Needs School. Lets just say, you need to educate yourself [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] and I feel sorry for you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here