Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Villa.

Leeds are my dark horses. They're in the middle of a tough run (bar Rotherham) but once they've got through that I can see Garry Monk strengthening the squad immensely in January.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I honestly believe that by the time we finally play Newcastle at the Amex it could decide who takes 1st and who gets runner up as we'll be so far ahead of anyone else

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The Villa.

Leeds are my dark horses. They're in the middle of a tough run (bar Rotherham) but once they've got through that I can see Garry Monk strengthening the squad immensely in January.

Leeds could absolutely be a threat. Monk is doing an excellent job there, which may see Cellino show some financial trust in him, come January.

Don't forget also, that Cellino has promised to give all his season ticket holders half of their money back if they finish outside the top six. That is going to influence their season two ways:

1. Cellino will get his wallet out in January.
2. Cellino might panic at some point and sack a very good manager if they drop a few points.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
The Villa.

If Leeds suffer any injuries/ suspensions not sure the squad is good enough to cope.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Villa reminded me a little bit of Arsenal when we played them.

Fast, good on the wings and height where it matters. They scare me.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That is going to influence their season two ways:

1. Cellino will get his wallet out in January.
2. Cellino might panic at some point and sack a very good manager if they drop a few points.

Or the third way. Where Cellino ignores what he said, reneges on the agreement and wins a court case (three years later) which proves that the small print screwed the stupid Leeds fans who thought they'd ever get a penny out of him?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I will have some of what you are drinking !

The Newcastle game will be re-scheduled due to F.A Cup 4th round. Which I guess will be moved to 21st Feb or 14th March. The chasing pack will all drop more points than us over the next 2-3 months I feel we will be around 10 clear of 3rd place by the time we get to March

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Or the third way. Where Cellino ignores what he said, reneges on the agreement and wins a court case (three years later) which proves that the small print screwed the stupid Leeds fans who thought they'd ever get a penny out of him?

:thumbsup:

Important note: Refunds payable as vouchers redeemable only at reserve team fixtures, against barbecue hula-hoops and bovril

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The Newcastle game will be re-scheduled due to F.A Cup 4th round. Which I guess will be moved to 21st Feb or 14th March. The chasing pack will all drop more points than us over the next 2-3 months I feel we will be around 10 clear of 3rd place by the time we get to March

I genuinely believe that this is our year - everyone else can just f*** off....we're going up and that's that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Selective quoting is a great way to win a discussion that wasn't even about winning... :p
That's not what's happened.

It's simple - you said
"Based my vote, and commentary, on one assumption: that we continue to hold consistent form through the rest of the season. That when we have a bad game, we salvage at least a point, and that when we're on song we take the 3."
I said
"No offence, but if we do that, we'll definitely finish top two."

That's it. No selective quoting to win anything.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reading may have had an easy run of wins but they can *only beat what is in front of them.*

I'll be happier to write them off after they lose a few rather than dismiss them now.
I don't think they're being dismissed, they're the second most likely (not inc Newc) to stop us getting 2nd according to the poll. Huddersfield however, have been dismissed by the voters, and by Wigan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure why people think villa as they'd need about 2.3 points a game for the rest of the season....not goner happen.
I hear you, but you think Shefwedlol, and they're just 3 points ahead of Villa and with a worse GD. That's nothing.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I hear you, but you think Shefwedlol, and they're just 3 points ahead of Villa and with a worse GD. That's nothing.
Yes and that's just because I think the massive are due a very good run of wins....villa may make the playoffs but they won't get into the top two.If they win 10 on the spin at some Point I'll change my mind naturally but they'll continue to draw a lot.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well the eternal bore Chris Sutton has an answer:

'Villa will go up', says Sutton

Former Villa striker Chris Sutton has backed Bruce to get the club promoted this season.

"They've got momentum," the former Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Celtic and England striker, briefly one of Bruce's players at Birmingham City in 2006, prior to then joining Villa, told BBC Five Live's Monday night show.

"I think they will go up. He was a brilliant appointment. He's a brilliant manager. He's been around and proved himself. In fact, he should have been given a job at the top end of the end of the Premier League."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here