Votes: 89 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I love Madness but this shouldn't even be a contest. New Order changed the face of modern music...Madness were fun.....

Have a go at explaining how New Order " changed the face of modern music "

Go on Kev I am interested.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Your Silent Face. Two minutes in, after the first verse, when the guitar gingerly starts to bolster the hypnotic backbeat and meandering bass line. These types of moment of intense musical beauty are what make New Order the best of these three bands: Madness are fun, Depeche Mode released some great singled, but New Order are spine-tinglingly incredible. The Smiths/The Cure/New Order: the great triumvirate of important English bands of the 80s.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'll have a go….

The Hacienda in Manchester was built on the money made from Joy Division/New Order/Factory. Without the Hacienda, there would have been no 'Madchester', no Happy Mondays, no Stone Roses, Charlatans. Without that scene happening, who knows what would have happened as we progressed into the '90's - more Take That's!?

New Order were the catalyst for what came after. They changed the face of modern music and the direction it was heading. I'd have to agree with [MENTION=19854]KingKev[/MENTION] on that one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
3 votes needed for New Order to progress to the final over Madness (madness…).

Please, DM fans, tactical voting now required - I can't imagine there are fans of DM who weren't also into New Order, neither would want Madness to win this would they!?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'll have a go….

The Hacienda in Manchester was built on the money made from Joy Division/New Order/Factory. Without the Hacienda, there would have been no 'Madchester', no Happy Mondays, no Stone Roses, Charlatans. Without that scene happening, who knows what would have happened as we progressed into the '90's - more Take That's!?

New Order were the catalyst for what came after. They changed the face of modern music and the direction it was heading. I'd have to agree with [MENTION=19854]KingKev[/MENTION] on that one.
The Hac.
Spent some blurred nights in there.
What a dump, but an essential part of weekends in Manchester.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)

See [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] post #47. I would add that NO was the pivotal link between post-punk / new wave, synth pop and the emergence of pure dance music. Take a tour through the first 4 or 5 albums....wonderful, often ground-breaking stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3 votes needed for New Order to progress to the final over Madness (madness…).

Please, DM fans, tactical voting now required
I find myself in a bit of a spot. Of the 3, my first choice would be DM (who can't win at this late stage), and I have more Madness albums, but I don't think they should be in the final over New Order :shrug:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I love madness, but don't think they deserve to go through :/

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
just checked my own rule book and it would seem there is a legal option for Depeche Mode and New Order to form a coalition and get into the final together at the expense of Madness.

Interesting........

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
pictures of my naked wife sent to your email/smartfone to everyone voting new order from now

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just voted New Order.

Cannot believe people are seriously voting for Madness.

It's as if we're running a "Most Shaggable Bird in EastEnders" competition, and people are voting for Dot Cotton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here