Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Ashley Barnes as target for the moaners?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Agree, Spanish Dave is in the frame.

Spanish Dave is becoming an easy target for the boo boys. He probably has more talent in his big toe than Barnes but on recent form he has been a passenger and gives only fraction of Ashley's commitment.

If only SD could produce the match winning passes like against Leicester or that free kick against Donny a bit more often.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It will be Andrews

When after a couple of weeks everyone realises that Bridcutt is way more immense than everyone realised.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why does someone have to replace him (in your terms)?
Because people who habitually moan at football matches always need a ready target. Having spent the last couple of years moaning about Ashley Barnes they will now move on to someone else.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It will be Andrews

When after a couple of weeks everyone realises that Bridcutt is way more immense than everyone realised.

Except Bridcutt's been out pretty much all season and we've done very well without him?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spanish Dave is becoming an easy target for the boo boys. He probably has more talent in his big toe than Barnes but on recent form he has been a passenger and gives only fraction of Ashley's commitment.

If only SD could produce the match winning passes like against Leicester or that free kick against Donny a bit more often.

Spanish Dave is your classic "boo boy" fodder. Key traits include:

1. Frustrating. Has previously scored wonder goal against arch rivals - thus proving he has the class - but has rarely showed it thereafter.
2. Shys out of 50/50 challenges.
3. Keeps more popular players out of the team (Buckley, Orlandi, Kaz etc).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

1. Frustrating. Has previously scored wonder goal against arch rivals - thus proving he has the class - but has rarely showed it thereafter.
Evokes "Wendy" Wilkins...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Too be honest, the baton has already been passed to Dave for the area in which I sit. They hate CMS too though (they call him "road runner" or "headless chicken"). Oh, and (sideways & backwards) Greer. And (weak, broken & over-rated) Buckley.

They'll miss having Barnes to abuse though. It seems to be all that gets them through most matches.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am looking forward to hearing the hypocritical anti-CMS brigade....those posters on here who happily gave CMS a bad press, calling Barnes a far better player, but then jumped up and down with indignation when AB was even remotely criticised.......I won't have any other players in the squad who I feel should not be there......match days are going to be far less stressful.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The woman next to me has already moved on to moaning about David Lopez, EVERY time he touches the ball, EVERY time :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here