Votes: 89 33.5%
  • 10/10- Amazing/Fantastic

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Really happy with the squad and the way we've strengthened. Voted 9. I really think we're capable of promotion with these players ... who knows whether we'll get that far but if we don't I won't be criticising the club for a lack of ambition in the transfer window. Either way we're in for a good season I reckon, sorely needed after the boredom of the previous two.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
9/10

Got ourselves a new goalkeeper to put some pressure on Stockdale and allow us to send Walton out on loan.

We finally got our own left-back with possibly the best name I've ever seen on the back of a shirt.

We've got reliable cover at right-back in Rosenior.

A BFG in the middle of the defence.

A rated young defender in Goldson.

Another youngster, coming second in the best name competition, step forward Elvis.

A bloody product of Real Madrid's youth system who could be something special.

Three new strikers, one of which is young and can push for a place in the first team when fit, one who looks to have more passion in his left nostril than most of our team showed all last season and, well, what needs to be said about Bobby coming back?

And, if all that wasn't enough, we kept hold of one of our best products in Lewis Dunk which shows two things: we're a better proposition than a club with deep pockets and that our own pockets are deep enough that we can turn down five million pounds.

All in all I'd say that's a pretty bloody good window.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Ive gone 8/10
Certainly cant say that we,ve lacked any ambition but its a pity the marquee striker signing didnt materialise. That would have been the icing on the cake and we would have definitely been in the mix.
Although the signings look great we,ve still to see how Goldson, Elvis and Harper perform in the first team and whether we can bring the others through. But a great all round mix of signings and certainly a vast improveent on last year.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
8 out of 10 for me too. A huge improvement from last summer. What's impressed me is the range from where we've signed players from and with a firm eye on the future. We've got players from three of Europe's major leagues and if reports are accurate came close to a huge coup in Argentina.

We now have competition in nearly all positions and already the side is looking like a real team which it rarely did last season.

But we still look thin up front and lack pace there. An injury or lack of form will amplify that so no doubt the club will be looking to do something in the loan market and who knows, if we're going well at Christmas there may be a new man from Argentina.

But overall a very impressive window. Well done the club.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
The club have completely exceeded my expectations. To not lose ANY key players, whilst off leading deadwood, has kept the best of what we had in tact. Then to add so much quality in every department is exactly what was required to turn relegation fodder into promotion candidates. Realistically speaking, I can't see what could have been done differently. Yes, we'd all love a 5M striker, but our finances might have been starched as much as possible without resulting to gambling like 'Boro and Derby.

Our squad now has completely evolved into a very competitive one (internally) which keeps players on their toes. Two competent sets of back fours! 2 decent goal keepers, 4 full backs, 4 central defenders all capable of playing in a solid back four. We now have decent wingers, 2 very good central midfielders and a much better strike force when compared to last season. It's early days, but Hamed has Ulloa potential. There's also the untested yough of Manu, Hambo and Harper, who will just add more options and competition for places.

If we spent our whole budget without going overboard to danger the long term future (which I assume we did), then realistically speaking, I can't see where we could have done better. 10/10 for me.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
9/10. Can't believe anyone wouldn't give it at least 8/10. It was almost perfect. Possibly lacking that final striker but Hemed and Baldock are looking like they can build a partnership and we hopefully have goals in midfield.

Most valuable of all is that these are all our players (and other than Zamora are contracted for next season too). If we improve this year, we won't have to start again in the summer. We'll only be letting players go on our terms.

Added to this, really impressed with the way that Hughton has got them playing. Very exciting formation and attacking football. There's a plan and we've signed players who fit the plan.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
6-10 we still lack a prolific goal scoring striker to lead the assault on a promotion challenge, aiming for top 6 shows lack of ambition we should be going for automatic promotion :albion2: disappointment looms yet again this season as the club refuse to realize that the striker is as key to promotion as the defender is to safety within the division

I really wouldn't call making a written bid of $11m for an exceptional WORLD talent as having not identified the issue but you're deluded if you think our offensive options and skills haven't increased massively already post transfer window under CH's revamped tactical nous?

From me it's easily an 8/10 as I voted but with a possibly astute loan acquisition either until JC becomes available in December or if he doesn't on a season long loan then it may well become a 9 or 10.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
We've picked up some good experienced players plus the return of Zamora has out a smile back on the fans faces. Hanging onto Dunk and turning down a bid supposedly of £5m is mightily impressive. The marquee centre forward would have made it 10 for me but this has been a good window for us. Such a contrast to the shambles of last year.

Finally, shipping COG out on loan for the season to a club I think are relegation candidates was also a good bit of business. I hope he does well but doubt he will.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It has almost been worth the last couple of dire seasons to now actually feel some optimism. IMO we have switched from wondering who we can select, to who we can leave out! Early days yet I know, but I'm really impressed with Bong. And hats off to Chris Hughton, who must surely by now have one or two on here, eating their words. Though I doubt they'll have the balls to own up!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Went for 8 but more like an 8.5

Very excited about the season now. Had almost forgotten Bobby had come back let alone Harper was with us after the last couple of weeks.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I said 4/10. I don't believe this side is as talented as they are playing and the excitement of the start is clouding voters judgement. Holding on to players and acquiring middle-of-the-road players playing well does not make for a 9/10 window. This team is really a mid-level group. They will finish better than I predicted they would at the close of last season which was 17-19.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I said 4/10. I don't believe this side is as talented as they are playing and the excitement of the start is clouding voters judgement. Holding on to players and acquiring middle-of-the-road players playing well does not make for a 9/10 window. This team is really a mid-level group. They will finish better than I predicted they would at the close of last season which was 17-19.

Frankly, I don't care how talented or not this squad are....ITS ALL ABOUT RESULTS....and we are three points clear at the top of the table. We have already beaten Fulham and Ipswich away, who will both be top six contenders. There is a confidence, a swagger about the side. We have a good balance now, from front to back. We have competition for places in all areas. We have exciting youngsters to develop. We have a very solid management team. We have NO loanees ( what a fantastic feeling )
We have made such a good start that there is no pressure on the Hull/Rotherham games. We can afford to draw one of them. We can go to Wolves and Bolton with confidence, knowing that 3 of the following 4 games are at home. We can be in a very strong position by the end of October and that is then the platform to push on.
My judgement is not being clouded. I know there is a long way to go. I know some of the more fancied teams will get a head of steam up ( Boro/Derby etc ) but let them worry about us. Lets stay slightly under the radar, with all the neutrals expecting us to blow up. There is always a surprise team every season ( good and bad ) Why can't it be us?
We have done our transfer dealing early and well. To those of you still yearning a top striker, I suggest you watch Tomor Hemed over the next few weeks and you will realise that this boy is the real deal. I guarantee he will get at least 15 goals this season, given luck with injury etc. No complaints here. Just optimism. 9/10.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whilst my 9 rating still stands, on reflection I am surprised we didn't bring in a central midfielder as I am not confident Ince, JFC or Holla can successfully play in a 4 man midfield.

The only conclusion I can see is that Crofts return from injury is looking very promising.

The other issue is that it seems we are a striker short, so hopefully there is a way back for Colunga if necessary, until the untested Hambo recovers.

We may therefore need 1 or 2 93-day loans, which I had hoped we'd avoid. Get them in October and they'd take us up to the January window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here