Bored Of Random New Signings Now. Name Your Top Three 'Get Rids'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
For me it would be sell;

COG Colunga and Chicksen

Loan;
JFC, Holla, March, Calderon (all short term 93 day) Crofts 1 month to get games.

You'd ship out 8 of our 26 man squad ?

Good job we only need to name 7 subs...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You'd ship out 8 of our 26 man squad ?

Good job we only need to name 7 subs...

I would bring in 3 or 4 loans signings better than what we have so we are back to a squad of about 22/23 but with more qual;ity. Croft is only our on loan for 1 month to get games. The 3 released wont figure either way and the four on 93 day loans are unlikely to figure in any meaningful game.if we bring in some loan signings.
e loans.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Spot on. He has been consistently good for us since he arrived. All the talk of him being too slow now is a bit much as he was never fast and his game is not based on his pace. He has been an ever present part of one of the top defences outside the top flight for the last three or four years!
Gordon Strachan rates him good enough to have played for Scotland recently.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We've got 26 players so to maintain a squad of 25, we only need to get rid of one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_F.C.#Current_squad

My choice at the moment is Chicksen who I never thought would be good enough.

The rest depend on signings although Colunga and Baldock cover the same position. And is we get another striker Colunga will be superfluous.

Then if we get another winger where does that leave U21 international left-sided Solly March? I think we will need the extra left-sided player unless the replacement is left -sided. So right footed Danny Holla will have to up his game to figure in our season's plans. I don't think Calderon and Crofts will make the squad on a regular basis.

Holla is stilll quite good for set pieces. Nobody else excels.

This is a bit of a negative thread. But thinking on the basis of a 25 man squad, this season we've got one more than enough players. I would not mind running with a 24 man squad and Ankergen is included and that can only be for emergencies.

If we are going to sign any more players, some will have to leave. One for one.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bong and Kaz are awesome on the left. By comparison, Greer and Bruno, bringing it out from the back of the right side has me clenching like I'm on one of those rides at Alton Towers. When Greer decides not to go the wing option, he can very easily put Stokdale under with his Ray Wilkins style crab impersonation. I think we need a nippier right back who can make things happen and balance the side up. But its hard to dump on anyone currently playing when we are second.

I've had a few, but this really is one of the strangest comparisons that could be thought of.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would bring in 3 or 4 loans signings better than what we have so we are back to a squad of about 22/23 but with more qual;ity. Croft is only our on loan for 1 month to get games. The 3 released wont figure either way and the four on 93 day loans are unlikely to figure in any meaningful game.if we bring in some loan signings.
e loans.

Loan signings it is then. Burke, sorry, Ben's Grandad IN.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Calde looked like his legs had finally gone at Warsaw. Yes it was at left back, but he didn't look fit, he looked overweight, and slow.

I think we can afford to get rid of him from the playing squad.

But we CANNOT afford to get rid of him from the club, he could do a great job in any number of coaching and development roles, but sadly (and he has been one of my favourites for years) his playing days look like they have come to an abrupt end, much more quickly then any of us could have expected.

Yes, I know it's only one game, but we have lifted our sights and our standards....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For me it would be sell;

COG Colunga and Chicksen

Loan;
JFC, Holla, March, Calderon (all short term 93 day) Crofts 1 month to get games.

Free transfers. Nothing to sell. The wages are the issue with the first two. I wouldn't want to put a price on them, it would be an obstacle. Get them off the wage bill.

I wouldn't run with your loans though.

Free transfers. Nothing to sell. The wages are the issue with the first two. I wouldn't want to put a price on them, it would be an obstacle. Get them off the wage bill.

I wouldn't run with your loans though.

How would you cover the losses/expenditure this strategy will cause (ie where would the money come from), or wouldn't you bother?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here