Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Interesting.. Really good to see Hemed starting.

Skalak and Kayal getting a chance to push their credentials.

Hopefully all 3 of them will seize the opportunity.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Someone on Twitter is moaning that Skalak playing means we are going for a draw.. considering he can't defend, I'd suggest it means we are going attacking.

If we don't make the breakthrough before the 70th min, Solly will come on and rip them apart. But I don't think it'll take that long; very confident of a win tonight.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fairly happy with that team selection. Surprised that neither Knockaert or Stephens have been 'dropped' to the bench but other than that... Hemed and Skalak both good decisions imo.

I think the philosophy is to put out the strongest side every game and win these types of games, rather than rest players lose the game and then throw them in against tougher opposition that we could also come up short in.

Positive

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Oh great Skalak has returned!! Subbed after an ineffective 60 mins for Solley who will score the winner!!

Delighted to see Skalak and Hemed back. Should have been Saturday. No point having a decent squad if you then proceed to run your best players in to the ground. Saturday was an error of judgement.Tonight will be a triumph.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy enough with that. Would have preferred to see March over Skalak but oh well.
Skalak was an ever present early in the season for the 'don't lose away' games.
He's only playing for insurance purposes and I'm sure March will start on Friday.

Oh great Skalak has returned!! Subbed after an ineffective 60 mins for Solley who will score the winner!!
You write that as if you have a problem with it?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think the philosophy is to put out the strongest side every game and win these types of games, rather than rest players lose the game and then throw them in against tougher opposition that we could also come up short in.

Positive

It's all good putting out the strongest team but imo Stephens looked shocking on Saturday and Knockaert looked as though he'd played too many games in a row. Hope I'm wrong and they're both quality tonight.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Surprised Murphy is not in the squad. Don't know if injury is involved, if not he should not be made a scapegoat.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170307-190843.png

A good solid team line up, I hope Skalak steps up!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
...more to the point, did Mrs. Jakarta enjoy her birthday sausage up the CLIFTONVILLE.....

Happy Birthday [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and Mrs. J.

It was Bacon & Egg on Toast cooked by my own fair hand and delivered in Bed with a Cup of Filter Coffee, what more could a woman want on her Birthday? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here