Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
While we're toasting Hemed, can we discuss his movement? He's so mobile for such a unit. Showed it against Wednesday when he set up Knocky. He can turn well and likes to move with the ball into space. Not your typical 'big lump' at all, a box he's often put in by people who don't understand his game.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Love the bloke. Hemed's one of those players like CMS who I just yearn for to do well. He has had to deal with losing his spot to Murray this season and feeding off of scraps of game time. Must be very hard for him to keep his morale up. Going off his Instagram, you can see how hard the man works. And it all pays off as when he's given the chance he rarely disappoints, even if it is knocking in the odd penalty.

Real team player, dedicated father and husband, expecting his second child. Oh, and he's just given us three points more towards the Promised Land. Need I say more?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hmm. Great goal which lets him off but not a patch on Murray.

I'd be worried if we were relying on him for the rest of the season.
We got 45 points from our last 20 games with him last season. I think that would do us ok.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Lest ye forget, last season we would not have won that game. Teams came and played that way and went home with their bore-draw of a point. Not any more. For me that shows that the likes of Tomer have got better at what they do. Cardiff were well-disciplined in defence and looked to frustrate us at every turn, yet the so-called lightweights that some like to criticise - like March and Murphy - kept plugging away, creating chances without over-committing and got us the result. I thought we put in a very good performance against a bunch of spoilers. It's result like this that win titles.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
A massive part of this squad and under rated by some. Yes, he's not as prolific as Murray but he works very hard for the team and makes a big contribution. Has never let his head drop with being out of the team and, despite missing a good chance yesterday, came back to score a great goal.

Also, judging by Hughton's comments in the Argus, he cost significantly less than the £1 million that was suggested when he signed. Great value for money.

There is a very real chance that four players could end the season in double figures. Murray and Knockaert are already there and Hemed and Baldock stand a good chance too.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Is there a view from behind either goal? I'd like to see the deviation in the ball. It was a thunderous strike but seemed to go through their keeper.

I haven't seen a replay, but had a good view from the North Stand.. the ball didn't appear to move too much. I think the GK misjudged the power of the shot, was attempting to push it away (bit like Solly March shot in 1st half) but the ball just came too quickly to him and couldn't move his hands quick enough. Had he just tried to block it, he may have stopped it.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
I haven't seen a replay, but had a good view from the North Stand.. the ball didn't appear to move too much. I think the GK misjudged the power of the shot, was attempting to push it away (bit like Solly March shot in 1st half) but the ball just came too quickly to him and couldn't move his hands quick enough. Had he just tried to block it, he may have stopped it.

Best angle I've seen to show the power of the strike:

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/824225329128488960

(if only I knew how to embed Tweets)

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Think there was one angle on the big screen that showed it quite well. Not much movement, just arrived so quickly because of the power in the shot. Bit like when Julian Dicks used to take penalties for West Ham - plenty of keepers got something on those too, but they were more likely to lose a finger than actually stop it going in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Deserves massive credit again.... Massive player for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here