Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend Utd v Brighton & Hove Albion U23s Roots Hall Checkatrade Trophy 30th Aug 19.45 ko

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
There's not much that could persuade me to go to Roots Hall again. One of the shabbiest grounds in the league. Last time I went, some of the locals shouted "****ing queer" (I think it was "queer", might have been another, equally derogative term) at me as I walked, alone, silently, up the road past them.

Delightful place...

Sadly I am currently living not too far from Southend. Locals are like pond life. I might be able to make it after work. Depends what time I can get out of work.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't expect the bookmakers to price up match odds because they know they could be taken to the cleaners with those with inside information about strong teams.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If the group games end in a draw the games go to penalties and an extra point is awarded to the winner. Somewhat bizarre. Same format as the Scottish league cup that started a month or so ago.

There's no Southern or Northern section in the next round so it could be Hartlepool or Carlisle away on a Tuesday night in December. That is absurd.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
i would be interested to know how those that have a very long record of not missing an Albion 1st team fixture how they are treating this game, is it one that they need to attend to keep the record going, or an U23 fixture that can be missed.

It ISN'T an Albion first team fixture, so why on earth would this question even arise? It has no more relevance to such fans than the two U-23 fixtures last week, or the U-18 game against Arsenal on Saturday, for that matter.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There's no Southern or Northern section in the next round so it could be Hartlepool or Carlisle away on a Tuesday night in December. That is absurd.

No more absurd the the recent U23 game at Middlesbrough on a Monday night..

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't expect the bookmakers to price up match odds because they know they could be taken to the cleaners with those with inside information about strong teams.

Oh contraire

image.png

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It ISN'T an Albion first team fixture, so why on earth would this question even arise? It has no more relevance to such fans than the two U-23 fixtures last week, or the U-18 game against Arsenal on Saturday, for that matter.

But it is a first team competition for the League 1 and 2 teams, so does it make it a quasi Albion 1st team game

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
But it is a first team competition for the League 1 and 2 teams, so does it make it a quasi Albion 1st team game

You are moving the goal posts and you know it. You asked if Albion fans are going to this who like to maintain there record. It's not about the other clubs but Brighton. It still stands as an U23 fixture for us

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have to say that I didn't even know it was on.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Rude not to seeing as I can see roots hall from my kids bedroom.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Blimey there's Going to be millions of us , plus the French resistance, should be a cracking night out :)

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
There's not much that could persuade me to go to Roots Hall again. One of the shabbiest grounds in the league. Last time I went, some of the locals shouted "****ing queer" (I think it was "queer", might have been another, equally derogative term) at me as I walked, alone, silently, up the road past them.

Delightful place...

Blimey, totally the opposite for me...Found a blinding 'away pub' 5 minutes from the ground...Free sarnies on the bar and really friendly staff...Got to the ground still a bit peckish, so picked up pie & drink without needing a second mortgage, took our seats and had some great banter ( yes banter) with their fans & we won 1-0 ( crap game tho)...back home in 90 mins

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Blimey, totally the opposite for me...Found a blinding 'away pub' 5 minutes from the ground...Free sarnies on the bar and really friendly staff...Got to the ground still a bit peckish, so picked up pie & drink without needing a second mortgage, took our seats and had some great banter ( yes banter) with their fans & we won 1-0 ( crap game tho)...back home in 90 mins

The Blue Boar ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here