Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever worked for/with the enemy?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Have worked with numerous people with varying degrees of croydonism. Most have been top notch.......only one was a total mong

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I contracted for TAG:WORLDWIDE for a year, my boss? Steve Parrish. Giggety giggety.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Worked in quite a few homes owned by Palace fans, as long as they pay and make me tea I don't mind.
One asked me if I wanted tea when I was working in his kitchen, and produced a Palace mug out of the cupboard, thought he was going to give me that to drink out of, but he was also making himself a cup.

Worked in one flat and I didn't know the customer or anything about him, I went into one of the rooms to be greeted by loads of Palace memrobilia on the walls, I called out to the customer that I had found something terrible, he came running in thinking I had found a big problem with his heating, I was pointing at a large Crystal Palace mirror on the wall. :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Back in the early 70s, when everyone in Hove 'followed' a div 1 side, I had an affection for dirty (Leeds). I had a longstanding antagonism with a Chelsea boy. He still is. He's my middle brother and I love him to bits. Of course the rivalty is long gone, since I became totally BHA by about 73, and he's now more Brighton than Chelsea. My other brother, though, the little one, is still diehard . . . .Leeds; refused a ticket to watch us vs them on several occasions, refusing to sit in among the Albion. Silly bugger.

As for Palarse, worked with several, all top lads. But I work in a nice place, and everyone is civilised . . . .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Worked in quite a few homes owned by Palace fans, as long as they pay and make me tea I don't mind.
One asked me if I wanted tea when I was working in his kitchen, and produced a Palace mug out of the cupboard, thought he was going to give me that to drink out of, but he was also making himself a cup.

Worked in one flat and I didn't know the customer or anything about him, I went into one of the rooms to be greeted by loads of Palace memrobilia on the walls, I called out to the customer that I had found something terrible, he came running in thinking I had found a big problem with his heating, I was pointing at a large Crystal Palace mirror on the wall. :)
Lol

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Back in the early 90's I worked with a palace fan in Frankfurt, at the airport. He is from Worthing but has family ties to the club. Got a few beatings growing up in the 70s so became one of their 'boys'. Anyway, we were out drinking in Frankfurt with a beautiful girl that I had asked out from the airport. He very kindly offered me the keys to his flat for the night to take her back. This happened. Upon arrival and after some minor shenanigans I got into bed and she disappeared to get ready. Not having brought any night clothing with her she decided to see if she could find anything and came out of the bathroom wearing only a fooking Palace shirt. I shouted at her to remove it and so our first night included a fairly robust Brighton/Palace history lesson. Other than that the night went well and she became wifey 2 eventually...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Back in the early 90's I worked with a palace fan in Frankfurt, at the airport. He is from Worthing but has family ties to the club. Got a few beatings growing up in the 70s so became one of their 'boys'. Anyway, we were out drinking in Frankfurt with a beautiful girl that I had asked out from the airport. He very kindly offered me the keys to his flat for the night to take her back. This happened. Upon arrival and after some minor shenanigans I got into bed and she disappeared to get ready. Not having brought any night clothing with her she decided to see if she could find anything and came out of the bathroom wearing only a fooking Palace shirt. I shouted at her to remove it and so our first night included a fairly robust Brighton/Palace history lesson. Other than that the night went well and she became wifey 2 eventually...
Haha good story that[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Started working for a large insurance company in Hove a few weeks ago, and having to train up in Kingswood in Surrey. Massive Palace infestation up there, although the working environment is nice.

As an aside, please wish me well as I have recently found out our resident "journalist" is in my department. I haven't seen his crayons yet, but rest assured I will try and wrestle them off him when appropriate. :)

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

I think I know that man, Is his initials GB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Started working for a large insurance company in Hove a few weeks ago, and having to train up in Kingswood in Surrey. Massive Palace infestation up there, although the working environment is nice.

As an aside, please wish me well as I have recently found out our resident "journalist" is in my department. I haven't seen his crayons yet, but rest assured I will try and wrestle them off him when appropriate. :)

I didn't even know that Kingswood had a canteen, let alone that Timmy had been moved there from McDonalds

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am staying deep in enemy territory tonight at a "friends" house who supports Palace and so does his son....

So my daughter has her Albion top on today...

Watch my car get bricked or tyres slashed tonight....

I ain't taking my Albion sticker out the back window for no fecker.

Just got back from our overnight stay deep in the heart of enemy territory, I had to improvise when I found they were running low on toilet roll.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Working from Crawley i have the unfortunate daily encounters with just about everything under the sun,including 4 current palace,used to go to the Goldstone with a palace fan on many occasions, he even went in the North stand (god forbid) he was Brighton born 2nd generation after family moved down,he would actually enjoy our games as well as the pyss taking...

I never went to Selhurst only to watch Albion,but it would not surprise me if he takes his kids out to the Amex as a 2nd team :lolol: have not seen him for years now.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just got back from our overnight stay deep in the heart of enemy territory, I had to improvise when I found they were running low on toilet roll.....

Get your self to a clinic quick.....tell them you want a thorough check not a 5 min job...GOOD LUCK

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Travelling in Australia i was in a hostel in Sydney when a FRENCH guy asked if i wanted to do some cash in hand removals work with him for the guy he works with.

Turned up the next day, PALACE fan who moved to AUSTRALIA in the 70's

So i worked for a palace fan with a Frenchman and an Aussie.

Oh and I currently work with two Palace ST holders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here