Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What song brings tears to your eyes?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Yeah, good point. His work suffered when his first marriage broke up. There are some nice tracks, nevertheless, on Rain Tree Crow, Secrets of the Beehive, and Dead Bees on a Cake. Actually a track from the latter is another massive tear jerker for me . . . .:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlm0Q8HKUE

Yes, there was some good stuff on Dead Bees and even on Everything and Nothing, but Blemish and Manafon were not to my taste. I think he peaked with Beehive, a true masterpiece from start to finish.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
However, not long after my eldest daughter was born, I also remember bursting into tears at the theme from Home and Away.

"You know we belong together, you and I forever and ever. No matter where you are, you're my guiding star..." :cry:

Hormones, eh!

Another vote here for 'Abide with me'.

also 'Jerusalem' - painful memories, of the funeral of a very dear friend.

And nowadays, Sussex by the Sea at the Amex. Not sure if its just a post-Shoreham thing or if it was ever thus, but when the whole ground gets behind it, its both magical and emotional.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Clifford t ward - Home thoughts from abroad.

dreadfully sad and beautiful song

... and always good to hear about another CTW fan too =0)

My best mate died suddenly recently and he and I rediscovered this a few years ago after his wife had succumbed to Cancer.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Elgar's Enigma Variations Nimrod

I well up every time especially when played by The Band of The Royal Marines

I'm not clever enough to get it on here - help!

Band of Brothers tune tends to do the same - I think its an age thing 60 this year:)

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Forever Young; Joan Baez (as I may have said before) - for the day she sang it for me, my wife and friends at my request

In the Mood; Glenn Miller - for my dad

Dream a little dream of me; Mama Cass - for my lovely wife of 43 years, and counting

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Elgar's Enigma Variations Nimrod

I well up every time especially when played by The Band of The Royal Marines

I'm not clever enough to get it on here - help!

Band of Brothers tune tends to do the same - I think its an age thing 60 this year:)

Good choices... here you go :thumbsup:

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Lots of amazingly emotional stuff on here.

My choice is Walkaway by the Cast. It was played by Meridian TV after the Doncaster game at the Goldstone. Made me cry then, and still does! Don't know how to put the video up, sorry!:whistle:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The drugs don't work - The Verve.
I went through a bad patch in my late teens after my Mum passed away and this more than reminds me of those times.
Also pretty much anything by Dolly Parton as her music was played at her funeral.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Elizabeth on the bathroom floor by Eels. The opener from Electro Shock Blues, about Everett's sister who committed suicide. The album also covers his mum's death from cancer. Deeply sad but brilliant album.

Laying on the bathroom floor
Kitty licks my cheek once more
And i could try
But waking up is harder when you wanna die

Walter's on the telephone
Tell him i am not at home
'cause i think that i am going
To a place where i am always high

My name's elizabeth
My life is shit and piss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here