Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

19 years ago today last game at the goldstone

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The whole second half of the season was. From January onwards we won every game at home, bar the amazing 4-4 with Orient and we'd travel away with hope of getting a precious away victory to help close the gap further still.

We lost nearly everywhere though - Torquay, Lincoln, Carlisle, Darlington, Hull, Chester and Scunthorpe. I remember the latter well - a miserable 1-0 defeat and as we skulked away from the ground at the end of the game, we thought we were going to run out of matches and we were done for. The next game was Wigan who had already achieved promotion, possibly as champions. Looking back, maybe they were "on the beach" and that helped us, as we beat them 1-0.

Scunthorpe was the most dejected I'd ever been as a supporter.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Donny Players

rovers_salute.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

Incredibly I'd forgotten about Exeter also being terrible that year.

In some ways they were in the same position as Burnley are this year as the other two 'contenders' had to face each other on the final day.

View attachment 74013

No we had 46 dear boy. And by some quirke of fate it was goals scored that year in preference to goal difference

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Mate said to me in January that season i reckon it will go to the last game at Hereford ,that would be brilliant...told him to **** off that would a nightmare.Started off with one minibus ended up tacking three, the worst of times the best of times,never forget your past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here