Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ben duncan green councillor = tosspot

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
To be fair mate hes probably right, but that only goes to reinforce my point that the vast majority of muslims will feel more loyalty to their co- religionists than they ever will to their country, though id like to hear his explanation for the WTC bomb , which was well before iraq or afghanistan , I wont hold my breath though , he's the clown who busily told us about the sunni majority in iraq :lolol:

Ah Bushy bottler... WTC was an attack on the USA, not the UK, and was in response to US middle east policies, particularly in regards to Israel, as im sure you know.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Giggle away DIP, it sums up your contributions, your question, precisely, said "how many incidents of Islamic terrorism has Britain suffered".... my answers went some way to answering your question. ,.....

No. They really did not.

You quoted several actions by Palestinians against Israeli targets, in their struggle for their homeland.
A Libyan attack on an American aircraft, that due to delays came down in Scotland, and not the Atlantic as planned.
An attack by counter revolutionaries against the Islamic regime in Iran.

None of which were attacks against Britain.
but hey, if they are all muslims...Lets be clear here. Youre a ****ing nitwit.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The right decision - hopefully the electorate can make the same correct decision next year.

Here's hoping.

Not quite sure how to interpret this post. Without the party name, he's hardly going to stand again. This isn't something widely recognised, but prospective councillors have to do a heck of a lot of work in order to get elected and -- despite the dimness he displays on social media -- even Ben Duncan isn't that stupid to put himself through all that work in order to get a solitary vote by his name.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
No. They really did not.

You quoted several actions by Palestinians against Israeli targets, in their struggle for their homeland.
A Libyan attack on an American aircraft, that due to delays came down in Scotland, and not the Atlantic as planned.
An attack by counter revolutionaries against the Islamic regime in Iran.

None of which were attacks on or against Britain.
but hey, if they are all muslims...Lets be clear here. youre a ****ing nitwit.
Islamic
Terrorists
In the UK

Nobody was requested to define their answer by the flavour of their cause....

Stop wriggling, take it on the chin, and stop resurrecting old threads, move on man, move on.

TTFN

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not quite sure how to interpret this post. Without the party name, he's hardly going to stand again. This isn't something widely recognised, but prospective councillors have to do a heck of a lot of work in order to get elected and -- despite the dimness he displays on social media -- even Ben Duncan isn't that stupid to put himself through all that work in order to get a solitary vote by his name.

Good.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Although it is noticeable that the statement from the Green Party only suggests he has been removed from the party until the next local election. Surely that doesn't then prevent him standing as a Green candidate in May 2015 ?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
No...people expected a level of intellect.

lol@wriggling...there is nothing to wriggle about nitwit.

Not sure you are entirely right about Lockerbie though happy to be corrected. My understanding was that it was targeted at the US and Britain because Thatcher allowed Reagan to launch the 1986 attack on Libya (in retaliation for the German nightclub bombing killing US forces) from UK airbases. Up till then the dispute was entirely between US and Libya,.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not sure you are entirely right about Lockerbie though happy to be corrected. My understanding was that it was targeted at the US and Britain because Thatcher allowed Reagan to launch the 1986 attack on Libya (in retaliation for the German nightclub bombing killing US forces) from UK airbases. Up till then the dispute was entirely between US and Libya,.

If the flight had been on schedule, instead of delayed, the bomb would have gone off over the Atlantic. It crashed into Britain by accident really, so I dont see it as an attack on the UK at all, but against an American aircraft.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If the flight had been on schedule, instead of delayed, the bomb would have gone off over the Atlantic. It crashed into Britain by accident really, so I dont see it as an attack on the UK at all, but
against an American aircraft.
Read [MENTION=13433]Kumquat[/MENTION] 's post. How can an attack on a plane with 31(+11 on the ground) British nationals on board flying from Britain not be an attack on Britain, at least in part.

You really will say anything to avoid conceding a point. It's what makes you such a laughing stock.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Although it is noticeable that the statement from the Green Party only suggests he has been removed from the party until the next local election. Surely that doesn't then prevent him standing as a Green candidate in May 2015 ?

I think it is unlikely that he will be standing. I think quite a few of the Green group are standing down.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Read [MENTION=13433]Kumquat[/MENTION] 's post. How can an attack on a plane with 31(+11 on the ground) British nationals on board flying from Britain not be an attack on Britain, at least in part.

You really will say anything to avoid conceding a point. It's what makes you such a laughing stock.

So, now if there are UK passengers on a foreign airline, in this case, an American carrier, then its still an attack against the UK?
Talk about avoidance.....Thanks for helping me laugh at you. Its easy most of the time, but appreciate the help when given.

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If the flight had been on schedule, instead of delayed, the bomb would have gone off over the Atlantic. It crashed into Britain by accident really, so I dont see it as an attack on the UK at all, but against an American aircraft.

Fair enough. I always thought that the bomb ad been triggered by the height the plane reached rather than a timer but I can't remember where I heard that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So, now if there are UK passengers on a foreign airline, in this case, an American carrier, then its still an attack against the UK?
Talk about avoidance.....
Superb stuff Dave. I particularly like the use of the words "Talk about avoidance" as if they have any relevance to what is being said. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I'm not denying it was primarily targeted at the USA, but the fact that a flight from the UK was chosen, with Briton's being the second largest number of nationals affected, proves it was also an attack on the UK. It's OK, I'm not expecting you to agree with this incredibly obvious* point because you never do when you've been proved to be talking rubbish.

* to everyone except you.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

That's a reasonable interpretation, but I don't think it'll happen. Firstly, I'd imagine he won't want to. And secondly and more importantly, the Greens have got one hell of a fight in Queen's Park ward, where they currently hold all three seats. There's every likelihood that they'll lose all three (although that would mean getting rid of one, and probably, two excellent councillors), but this will become even more likely if they retain this particular accident-waiting-to-happen.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm not in doubt that it was an attack on the UK as well if it was Libya. What I'm not entirely sure about was whether they intended to blow it up over the UK. I've not seen any evidence that it was or wasn't. The other issue is whether it was really Libya. If it was then the reason for targeting the UK is clear. If it was, as some have claimed, that the Iranian Government ordered it in reaction to the shooting down of an Iranian airbus by the US, then its less clear. I get the impression none of us discussing this really know the answer to this. I'd love to be told otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here