Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is my concern, we simply don’t have the same appeal as we did 3 weeks ago.

I said that earlier to a friend. If we were quick off the mark in this window we'd be far more marketable to any player we try to sign. We could be in a relegation place come the panic buy window on the 31st.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I find the club's stance so precious and cautious. Barbers essays to fans on transfer dealings and unhelpful media links seem amateur. It's part of the modern game, as is being decisive and signing someone - not waiting until 10:59 31/01/18 to see a selling club fold. SHOW SOME DECISIVENESS. It would give the whole club a lift. We've worked so hard to get here! Plus we were a more attractive proposition sat in 12th than the bottom 3 where we will possibly be at the end of the window.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I said that earlier to a friend. If we were quick off the mark in this window we'd be far more marketable to any player we try to sign. We could be in a relegation place come the panic buy window on the 31st.

At best we’ll entice a Championship striker that fancies a few moths of Premier League football and the associated wages. Can’t see someone like Ze Luís, who plays regular European football, being interested in a relegation dog fight. Just my opinion of course, but we’ve dropped a colossal bollock by being so inactive in the transfer window. I found it a bit sad that our outfield players that finished the game were all of our Championship players.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
At best we’ll entice a Championship striker that fancies a few moths of Premier League football and the associated wages. Can’t see someone like Ze Luís, who plays regular European football, being interested in a relegation dog fight. Just my opinion of course, but we’ve dropped a colossal bollock by being so inactive in the transfer window. I found it a bit sad that our outfield players that finished the game were all of our Championship players.

Don't criticise mate or the lickers will give you a good shoeing...

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
The knock on from not signing a few players in this transfer window will be a drastic drop in season ticket renewals in March as newer fans balance up the risk/reward on outlaying another large chunk of cash for a season ticket.

From April onwards we have a very hard run in and so wherever we are in March may well be the best position we can hope for come the seasons end.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
We need to sign Harry Kane. He would probably only cost about £180m.

Offer him £500,000 per week, with a signing on fee of £10m and I am sure he will join us on Monday if we paid his agent £5m too.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We need to sign Harry Kane. He would probably only cost about £180m.

Offer him £500,000 per week, with a signing on fee of £10m and I am sure he will join us on Monday if we paid his agent £5m too.

Is this a "The transfer window is hard" type sarcastic remark? We'll hear enough of that from the club soon enough probably, ****ing sick of it.

Please don't tell me you think there aren't ANY players out there that could improve our squad significantly (particularly strikeforce) without waiting until the end of the month to act?

Pay a little extra and get the players in early. Probably an outrageous thing to say though and someone will soon pop in to tell me that it isn't my money to spend, as we slip towards catatonic relegation.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
I don’t buy all this wages are stumbling factor? Surely if there is a 40k cap or what ever it’s rumoured to be you can offer a player more money upfront? Surely a couple of million and 40/45k a week would make a few of these players who we seem to be after want to join. A three year contract of 45k a week with a 3m sign on fee would be the equivalent of roughly 65k a week. I understand the club are likely to want relegation clauses in contracts but surely it can’t be that hard to attract a player with that sort of money?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
After today's performance, do we need a new striker or would new wingers who can cross the ball and score more be more effective? Glenn does have a decent goal to chance ratio and even if we bought a new striker to replace him, we would be still be short of goals from other areas.

I am seriously starting to think that the money would be better spent on a Premier League quality winger.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
After today's performance, do we need a new striker or would new wingers who can cross the ball and score more be more effective? Glenn does have a decent goal to chance ratio and even if we bought a new striker to replace him, we would be still be short of goals from other areas.

I am seriously starting to think that the money would be better spent on a Premier League quality winger.

Both, we need both.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016

I know what you mean, none of our wingers seem to be able to take anyone on, go either way or put a decent ball in, if we don’t end up a signing a new striker I think we could definitely do with a quicker more attack minded player in place of gross. Controversial I know as I believe gross is a very good player however often sits on the edge of box when a ball comes in and is unable to stretch defences by running past Murray acting more of a 3rd midfielder than getting up with Murray as a second striker when attacking leaving him very isolated. I Think gross could actually be very decent at RM but coming inside when attacking Schelotto overlapping providing the width.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I know what you mean, none of our wingers seem to be able to take anyone on, go either way or put a decent ball in, if we don’t end up a signing a new striker I think we could definitely do with a quicker more attack minded player in place of gross. Controversial I know as I believe gross is a very good player however often sits on the edge of box when a ball comes in and is unable to stretch defences by running past Murray acting more of a 3rd midfielder than getting up with Murray as a second striker when attacking leaving him very isolated. I Think gross could actually be very decent at RM but coming inside when attacking Schelotto overlapping providing the width.

I think Gross and Baldock are sufficient for now, but the wings look weak. Solly is not yet good enough and Jose is still to get to grips with the step up. Knockaert is suffering a lack in confidence and we are left with not a lot.

We should do what Bolton did a few years back with youri djorkaeff and try to pick up an ageing world class player, someone like Franck Ribery. Not as crazy as it sounds, he is 34 and in the last 6 months of his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here