Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jake Livermore

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am not defending him - I've no idea who they are or what was said. But i am of the opinion that people who say bad things arent in the same league as people who actually do bad things. The reaction is as though he's a serial rapist or child killer. Who knows what was said & in what context - but people are free to be outraged of they wish

:ffsparr:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am not defending him - I've no idea who they are or what was said. But i am of the opinion that people who say bad things arent in the same league as people who actually do bad things. The reaction is as though he's a serial rapist or child killer. Who knows what was said & in what context - but people are free to be outraged of they wish

That's why rapists and killers serve many years in prison.

Whilst a privately owned organisation is able to ban someone from their ground, for life if they choose, who has gone out of his way to abuse a visitor about the loss of his young child.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Seems that Livermore has escaped any punishment from the FA. I'm very surprised.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Good. Make that life time.

Has the **** be named and shamed yet?

I don't think there's any need for that. Personally, like.

Someone has made a really stupid mistake in the heart of the moment (please, don't take this as defending the idiot).

Ban, move on, and forget about the horrible moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems that Livermore has escaped any punishment from the FA. I'm very surprised.

Rare indeed for the FA to show common sense or compassion

Compassion, for sure, but I'm not convinced that zero punishment is actually common sense. Personally I think it is a dangerous precedent - players are lamentably subject to all manner of verbal abuse on a regular basis - what is the newly established threshold for the level of that abuse, that the FA have decreed excuses a player wading into a crowd to confront spectators?

Monkey noises?
Homophobic chants?
Sexual slurs against his wife?

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here