DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Kingmaker

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Has anyone said Gorky's Zygotic Mynci yet?

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
His versions of Strange Fruit and The Internationale are sublime. Always a good reality check for me when I start imagining the tories ain't so bad after all :lolol: And Shipbuilding. Wyatt is still at it, and still with Ms Benge, bless him.

Pedant Alert: Robert Wyatt isn't still at it - he has retired!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I forgot that band with the three guys and 1 girl and they had guitars and one of them played a keyboard and they had that hit that went der-da der-da der-da.

There name was.......... naah still forgotten them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
From the noughties: Ms Dynamite, Lemon Jelly, New Young Pony Club, Groove Armada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kE0pxRkMtQ

NYPC lead singer Tahita used to be the lead singer in my mates band Blue States. I went to see them play a gig in Barcelona for a night, access all areas of course! 😊 Supporting....Groove Armada
Small world and all that!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
NYPC lead singer Tahita used to be the lead singer in my mates band Blue States. I went to see them play a gig in Barcelona for a night, access all areas of course! 😊 Supporting....Groove Armada
Small world and all that!

She did the door at C2 a few times. Her and Andy came back as NYPC a couple of years ago with a good album and typically excellent single (Hard Knocks), played a gig in Hoxton and a festival in Afghanistan. Think they are of the age where they don't really want to spend their lives touring though, plus the industry is tighter (and the indie-electro trend has evaporated) since they were at their peak. Also, Sarah is now drumming for Hot Chip, I think.

shackanory

Aug 19, 2016
quality album(hence my username), mick is still doing music with red elastic band. played a gig in liverpool this week.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I'm just listening to the While We're Young film soundtrack, mainly because it's curated and part written by James Murphy. And up pop The Psychadelic Furs with The Ghost in You. I have to admit I only really know their big songs but I'd completely forgotten about them.

Any bands you'd forgotten about? And what reminded you of their existence?

love the psychedelic furs, saw them down west street early 80s. PRESIDENT GAS .... HA HA HA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here