Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I’m sorry but I see nothing gratifying or uplifting about children abusing another team’s supporters. Surely one of our club’s distinctive attributes is respect for others, we should not be encouraging kids to disrespect anyone.
Oh bore off

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I have no idea what they were singing, though - for ages they appeared to be chanting "City, Liverpool" but I would guess I missed some crucial word in there.

We hate Liverpool, and Man City
We hate Liverpool, and Man City
We all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum etc

Tom Hark

I’m sorry but I see nothing gratifying or uplifting about children abusing another team’s supporters. Surely one of our club’s distinctive attributes is respect for others, we should not be encouraging kids to disrespect anyone.

:facepalm:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have a sore throat today from all the shouting and singing. It went on for ages in the concourse too.

Was that you swinging your knickers round your head to 'Ring of Fire'? Nearly had my eye out.

theboybilly

There was some real rivalry between Man Utd and Leeds in the early 70s. My ex was a Leeds fan so I went to Elland Rd sometimes with him.
Gordon McQueen & Jo Jordan went from Leeds to Man Utd at the same time which caused a few problems too.

In the mid to late 60s Leeds were always the bridesmaid, never the bride but they were a snidey, dirty cheating bunch of so-and-sos that tried every trick to break the Liverpool-Man United dominance in the old First Division. Don Revie brought in some players that were quite able to look after themselves and dish out some nasty tackles. Man United and Leeds played a lot of games during this period due to FA Cup semi-finals and replays. The fans were always at each others throats at a time when hooliganism was just starting to appear in earnest. The intense rivalry (mostly now on Leeds part) stems from those days.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If you can't tell the difference between a blue and white scarf and knickers, you're in trouble.

images (1).jpeg

No wonder I got thrown out the 1901 club last night!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

You should post a lot more.
Have you been locked up :moo:

I couldn't get to the game last night, but was able to watch it on the tv. Our fans were fvcking amazing. You could here the Manchester fans singing in the First half on the odd occasion, but in the second, our fans really upped their game, and you could actually hear the whole ground singing as one. It's so incredible to hear the whole amex singing in unison. I do believe our players respond to it when we get behind them, so more of the same next season please. Great job everyone!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I didnt see that bit :(

Found the stuff I read previously........

Stats - United's first Friday Premier League defeat

Brighton registered only their second win in 19 matches against Manchester United, their first since a 1-0 victory in the top flight in November 1982.

Jose Mourinho has lost six of his past 10 away Premier League matches in the month of May (W1 D3).

All seven of Pascal Gross' Premier League goals have come at home - only four players have scored more Premier League goals exclusively at home in the competition's history - Georginio Wijnaldum (18), Clive Wilson (9), Ronny Johnsen (8) and Jeff Kenna (8).

This was Manchester United's first league defeat on a Friday since December 1978, when they lost 3-0 at Bolton - they had been unbeaten in 16 such matches.

The Red Devils have now lost at all three of the stadiums they've played at for the first time in the Premier League this season (John Smith's Stadium, Wembley and the Amex).

It the first time they had lost three matches against newly promoted sides in a league season since 1989-90 - as well as the first time ever losing all three away from home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here